Prologue

It's Ok, I Don't Love You Either!

Late in the night, at one of the Gangnam street where night life is extremely active with discos, pubs, bars and other more activties around, be it harmless or dangerous, is when crimes started to take place with many night owls out like birds out of their cages.

Or when illegal deals were made, selling banned items to people who are wanted to get high eagerly in the clubs, or making others high.

 

A black van stopped at one infamous disco club abruptly, which caused a group of people lining up to get into the club to hiss at the van. But when they saw the group of people getting out of the van, they scrambled away immediately, not wanting to deal with these group of...rightful people at the moment. They could always try another club, with lesser hazard.

 

The tallest man among the group, stood outstandingly with his perfect handsome features, and bright eyes looking ahead at the bouncer of the club. He stepped forward, taking something out from his vest, and shoved it right at the bouncer.

A police ID with a name Inspector Choi Siwon.

 

"Right, Sir Choi. You don't have to do it all the time." The bouncer rolled his eyes, pushing the ID off his eyes. That eye sore ID, he hates it always.

"In case you forgot." Siwon put his ID back into his vest.

"And what is your business here today?" The bouncer asked.

"Isn't it obvious that we knew something is going on here, that was why we are here now?" Siwon arched his brows as he answered the obvious.

"Boss will not be happy, with your team trashing the club again." The bouncer grimaced.

"I will not be happy as well, if I didn't manage to catch the man I want to arrest." Siwon pat on the bouncer's shoulder as he motioned his team of people to move into the club, "Help me say hi to your boss."

 

Inside the club, Siwon gave the orders to his team.

"Search the place quietly, not wanting to alert him. Donghae, you and Amber to check the surrounding." Siwon pointed out. Donghae and Amber nodded their heads and blend in with the crowds moving along immediately.

"Hyukjae and Luna, the dancing floor. He might be down there trying to sell the drug." Siwon gave out the next order.

"How do you know I feel like dancing now?" Hyukjae grinned. But earned a "what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about?" look from Siwon. A very defeated kind of look.

Luna shook her head at the goofy police and pulled him along to move into the dancing crowd as well.

"Jongwoon and Ryeowook, the back alley." Siwon ordered.

"Where is the back alley...?" Jongwoon asked dreamingly, but before he got an answer, Ryeowook already pulled him along towards the back of the club, "Hyung, follow me."

 

Siwon shook his head, basically at his team. Maybe its time to get new people, strong and smart ones, to strengthen his team.

Throwing the unnecessary thinking aside, Siwon headed deeper into the club, to search for the man he was looking for. Weaving through the crowds, he spotted people drinking as if there is no tomorrow, girls flirting with rich handsome boys, businessmen in serious discussion that Siwon assumed them of discussing illegal businesses (that is not his forte at the moment anyway) and people who were just out to have fun. 

Then, a table caught his attention, with squeals and giggles from a group of ladies surrounding two men. Siwon moved closer to see the commotion. What caught his eyes first, was a smirking man with a few poker cards in his hands.

 

The pale looking man with milky complexion, in sleek grey suit and a white shirt under it, having the first two buttons undone, showing a bit of the base of his neck and collarbones. Looking so sinister with that evil smirk on him, and Siwon knew that smirk all so familiar.

That hateful smirk.

 

"Acha.... Don't you regret..." The man smirked as he held out the cards ready to throw out.

"Yahhh faster you idiot! You can't be winning!" The other man voiced out, but his face was blocked by the women surrounding them. Siwon couldn't see the other man so he returned his stare at the smirking man, as he couldn't understand for what reason, that the man was here playing pokers...

 

"Wahahaha who says I am not winning!" The man stood up and threw the poker cards on the table, "Tadah!! FULL STRAIGHT FLUSH!"

The other groaned as the smirking man skipped around for his win.

Until he caught sight of Siwon staring at him.

 

"What the..." The man mumbled.

"What! Damn! Did I just lose the money?! How many more drugs I have to sell to earn them back?" The loser man weeped, throwing his face back resting on the edge of the seat.

That was when Siwon recognised the loser was the culprit he was looking for.

 

"You....!" Siwon pointed at the man who just won the game, cannot believe his eyes from he had just witnessed.

When did he...

The man shook his head and pushed Siwon away, "Yah. what are you staring at?! Get away."

Siwon blinked his eyes, shocked again. Did he just ask me to get away?

 

"Cho Kyu...!" But his mouth was covered before he could spill the name of the man out.

"What? Do you know him?" The loser sat up straight from his seat, as he heard some unknown voices.

"No of course." The man laughed, "He was just trying to hook me up."

 

"What?! Me?! Hook you! You must be crazy Cho Kyuhyun!" Siwon shook Kyuhyun's hand away as he frowned at the shameless man.

Firstly for befriending with criminals like he was no longer working in the line. Secondly, how dare he tried to make him sounds like a...gay?!

Kyuhyun shot a death glare at Siwon, after he had his full name being called out loud by Siwon.

 

"Just get off and mind your own business." Kyuhyun grunted.

"He is my business." Siwon pointed at the loser.

"What?" Kyuhyun questioned, and he realised...

 

"Yah!" Kyuhyun pulled Siwon closer to him so he could whisper as softly without letting the loser hearing everything, "I am on a bigger scale of work, so could you just go away for a while?"

"Bigger scale?" Siwon scoffed, "Like what? Playing poker games with such people? Earning such dirty money from them? Since when did you leave the line?"

"Like as if you care whether I am still in the line." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, "Look, just go. Once I am done with my business, you can come back for him."

"Why should I listen to you?" Siwon asked.

"Because..."

 

"Yah yah, if you two are hooking each other up, then I am going." The loser got up from his seat, and getting ready to go.

"You are not going anywhere!" Seeing his target was about to get away, Siwon pushed Kyuhyun off and grabbed the man by the wrists, and pushed him back on the seat.

"Hey! I am not interested in guys!" The man exclaimed, trying to wriggle himself out.

"Since when did I said I am interested in guys?! You are under arr..."

 

"Sir, we have no sight of him..." Hyukjae appeared out the sudden from the dancing floor, and was awestruck to see Siwon already got the man, "Wow, that is fast."

And he widened his eyes when he saw Kyuhyun standing behind Siwon, looking frustrated, "Kyuhyun? Why are you here? Working as undercover?"

That's it. His identity got blown up. Thanks to these two...

"Undercover?" Siwon asked, turning his face towards Kyuhyun who was shooting daggers at Hyukjae.

"Idiot." Kyuhyun cursed.

Siwon narrowed his eyes when he heard himself being dissed by Kyuhyun, "That is really rude coming from you."

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes with a dry laugh coming out from his mouth. This is not a new thing anyway...

 

Upon hearing the words, 'Sir' and 'Undercover', and the slight loosening from Siwon on his wrists, the man used up all his strength to force himself out from Siwon. With the sudden force, Siwon was caught offguarded, and the man took the chance to run away.

"Get him!" Siwon screamed, as he ran after the man out of the club.

Kyuhyun sighed, as things just had to screw up even more. After he did a ruffle on his fluffy hair, Kyuhyun dashed after them as well, pushing everyone else along his way to follow closely with the chase.

 

Seeing how the culprit was getting further away from Siwon and Hyukjae, Kyuhyun stopped with a halt as he picked up a brick by the roadside, and did a quick calculation of angle and aiming before he threw the brick out. 

And the brick hit right on the back of the culprit, making him fall flat on his stomach, growling in pain. Siwon seized the chance to kneel behind the man, trapping the struggling hands under his knees on the back where the brick just got hit on, causing another deafening growl sirening through the dark night.

"Ahhhhh pain pain!!" The man screamed.

"You are under arrest, for illegal drug dealing and trafficking." Siwon ignored the screams from the man, and took out a pair of handcuffs to lock the wrists under the cuffs.

 

Hyukjae arrived to pull the man up together with Siwon, before Kyuhyun arrived looking pissed.

"He is mine. I had him first." Kyuhyun argued, wanting to grab the man away from Siwon.

"I was the one who caught him."

"But I was the one who threw the brick at him, for you to catch him!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, throwing his hands all over the place to fight for his stand.

"Get it straight, Cho Kyuhyun. I am the one who handcuffed him, MYSELF."

"...With my help, hello? I picked up that brick and did a perfect angle calculation..."

"Yah, but still, I am the one who handcuffed him."

Hyukjae knew better than to intervene the bickering, which he was somehow used to it, and pulled the culprit away silently, while waiting for the rest of the team to arrive.

 

"And you are an idiot for almost spoiling my plan." Kyuhyun folded his arms across his chest as he blew up, "You almost made me lose my bait for the bigger fish!"

"How would I know you are working as undercover? I thought you left the police force, seeing you being friendly and playing pokers with them." Siwon argued back.

"Do I have to report to you about my duty? You are not my head!"

"Pfffttt as if I will want you to be in my team!" Siwon puffed, "And I haven't get back to you for saying I am hooking on you." 

"That was all for an act, you..." Kyuhyun raised his hands, as if to surrender, "Whatever."

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, and to be honest, he was getting tired with his eyes getting rolled numerous times for the night. He breathed in and out deeply, to get his thoughts cleared up before he turned to the taller, who was already giving orders to his team in bringing the culprit back.

"Tell you what, I allow you to bring him back for interrogation. But I need his information on the bigger fish, so I will go to your station to interrogate him for my part. I will give you," Kyuhyun looked at his watch, "18 hours to do your part."

Siwon arched his brows, "Who are you to give me orders? If you want him, get your head to speak to me."

"Oh yes, rest assured I will, Mr SIR." Kyuhyun can't be bothered to roll his eyes anymore, as he walked away from Siwon leaving in another direction.

Siwon narrowed his eyes as he watched Kyuhyun leaving, and shook his head for that guy still remains the same as of he could remember in the police academy. Still so snarky...

 

Just my luck to see you again, Cho Kyuhyun. Hope we will never see each other in any other forms of communication ever again.

Just my luck to run into you again, Choi Siwon. How I wish after this issue is settled, we don't have to be working together again.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ok! Here is the prologue, as a small Christmas treat on the Christmas Day. Not much on the details though.

But I am having fun writing the bickering Wonkyu. Muahahaha!!

 

P.S. I am not sure if inspector is the correct word to name Siwon. I was looking through the police rank for Korea and found inspector seems to be a more appropriate name for a person leading a team, while the others are name as assistant inspector or detective. Correct me if I am wrong... Thank you!

 

Merry Christmas again!! XD