Chapter 13

Return! (A Eunhyuk Love Story)

Jia Lian hesitated for a second. She moved closer and traced his cheek outline with her fingers. She held his cheek and put her other hand on his chest. Leaning forward, their lips touched for a few seconds and then they broke away. Eun Hyuk satyed still. As if he were frozen. “Does that answer your question?”Jia Lian said softly. Eun Hyuk nodded in response. She sat back and sighed. “Go and see your friend now”She ordered him. “I want to get some sleep, I don’t feel well.”She added. “Oh”Eun Hyuk placed his hand on her forehead. “Awww. Poor you!”he said kissing her cheek. “Get better soon.”

 

 

Eun Hyuk walked back into the living room where Ye Sung was still sat, waiting for him. “Sorry about that”Eun Hyuk said sitting opposite him. “She woke up.”Ye Sung nodded. “Ah. Did you get told of?”Eun Hyuk shook his head. “No, I was lucky. She’s not feeling well.”“Ah.”Ye Sung said again. “Is she okay?”Eun Hyuk shrugged. “I think so”. Ye Sug glanced out the window. “Hey, hyung!”Ye Sung looked back at Eun Hyuk. “Can you wait a little while? I need to go out?”Ye Sung straightened up about to say something. “I’ll only be a couple of minutes!”Eun Hyuk quickly informed him. “Ok”He replied. Eun Hyuk jumped up. “Thanks! I’ll be right back! I promise!”And with that Eun Hyuk jogged out of the door. Ye Sung sat back in his seat. “Gosh, he’s really changed”he whispered to himself.

A few days past by and Ye Sung had been there for a week now. He was due to be going home the next day. When Eun Hyuk went out he remained silent never saying a single word to Jia Lian. But if he didn't do it soon then...well he doubted he would find the right chance again.Suddenly he heard a noise. He turned to see Jia Lian at the door entering the hallway of the flat. She didn’t say anything just stared. “Eun Hyuk’s not here.”

 

 

“W-where is he?”Jia Lian mumbled. “Gone out”Ye Sung reolied simply. Jia Lian looked down, not knowing what to do or say next. “Do you have to act like that?”Jia Lian looked up. “What?”she answered innocently. “You act like you’re scared of me! Don’t be!”Jia Lian bit her lip. “I’m sorry, Oppa.”Ye Sung pushed against his temples with his fingers and exhaled deeply. “No, It’s me that should be sorry.”Jia Lian also too a deep breath. She went to talk but the words wouldn’t come out. “Do you know how I know I’ve done wrong?”Ye Sung asked standing up and walking over to meet her face-to-face. “Tell me.”Jia Lian said almost collapsing with her words. “Because you’re such a strong girl. And to see you like this in front of me. It’s not normal! I didn’t mean to hurt you, I was stupid!”His voice suddenly became louder. “I thought I could live without you! But well…it didn’t work out. I missed you every day, every minute,…every second!”Jia Lian screwed her eyes shut and clenched her fists. “But I understand now.”Ye Sung finaly said. Jia Lian’s eyes opened. “What?”she asked again. “I can see that I don’t deserve you now. You’ve started a new life. And…well…that makes me happy.”

 

Jia Lian’s breathing was heavy and uneven. “Just seeing you happy makes me happy. And your happiness is all that matters to me.”