Chapter 12

Return! (A Eunhyuk Love Story)

The drive home was much different to drive there. The two boys chatted and giggled all the way home. Swapping stories and jokes as Jia Lian fell asleep on the back seat. However it wasn’t till they reached home did they notice. “Awww, sleeping like a baby.”Eun Hyuk said turning around after he parked the car. Ye Sung turned around aswell. Although it was a little uncomfortable. “Yeah, too bad we have to wake her.”He added. “No!”Eun Hyuk interrupted him. “Do you know how often she sleeps peacfuly?”Ye Sung shook hih head. “Hardly ever! I’m going to let her sleep while she can. Besides more peace for us.”Ye Sung laughed. “But you can’t just leave her here”he continued. “I know”Eun Hyuk said as he got out of the car. He walked round the front and opened Ye Sung’s door for him. “I wasn’t planning to.”He opened the back door as Ye Sung also got out. “You’ll have to take your bags. I’ll take Jia Lian.”Eun Hyuk told him. “You’re going to carry her!?”Eun Hyuk smiled at his friend. “It’s not as if I haven’t done it before. Don’t worry, I wont drop her. She’s as light as a feather. And that’s not exagarating!”Ye Sung’s face was unreadable. Eun Hyuk lifted Jia Lian out the car just as he had done earlier that day. “Shut the door for me”he said to Ye Sung as he carried Jia Lian towards the flats. Ye Sung quickly did so and grabbed his bags out of the back of the car. He rushed after them and caught up just as Eun Hyuk was walking up the stairs. “Be careful!”Ye Sung said as he walked up the stairs behind Eun Hyuk. “Don’t worry.”He said again. “I’ve got it under control.

 

Eun Hyuk walked along the hallway to the front door. He paused when he reached it. “Ah. Ye Sung, can you get my keys out of my pocket?”Ye Sung put his bags down and rummaged around in Eun Hyuk’s pocket. “Got ‘em!”Ye Sung said pulling them out and unlocking the door. He puched it open and let Eun Hyuk walk in first. “Make yourself at home”Eun Hyuk said to him when the got in. “I’m going to put Jia Lian to bed.”Ye Sung nodded in response and sat down on one of the couches –Leaving his un-packing for later on. Eun Hyuk continued through into Jia Lian’s bedroom. He laid her down on the bad and straightened himself up. “Ouch!”he said rubbing his back. “Behave!”a small voice warned him from the bed. Eun Hyuk jumped –“Eh!?”Jia Lian turned over and looked up at Eun Hyuk. “You’re awake?”She smiled at him. “Oh. I get it ‘Pretend to be asleep and get a lift up all those stairs’!”Jia Lian smiled again. “It’s not completely like that.”Jia Lian started. “Uh-huh?”Eun Hyuk said placing his hands on his hips. He kneeled down by the bed so he was around the same height as Jia Lian. “I don’t mind”he said grinning back at her. “It made me look good anyway.”He chuckled. Jia Lian sat up on her bed and Eun Hyuk sat next to her. “So, what’s brought this sudden change of feeling towards me?”“Nothing.”Jia Lian replied. “I’m just getting used to you.”

 

“Haven’t you had enough time to do that already?”

Jia Lian shrugged.

“I don’t understand you, girl”Eun Hyuk’s voice wasn’t angry, more nervous.

“One minute you treat me like a stranger, then a friend, then you let me kiss you, THEN you ignored me and now…”Eun Hyuk paused.

“I was thinking”she told him.

Eun Hyuk turned to her. “Then what have you decided?”