Parents

Mending You

9

I smile like a lovesick fool at my empty blue ceiling while laying down on my comfy king bed.

After a few rounds of 21 questions I found out a lot about her. Way more than I thought I would. We kept on playing until the sun was about to go to sleep.

She hates cucumbers (with a passion), she's a really deep sleeper, she hates melons and any other fruit associated with them, she grew up in LA, her nickname is 'Ice Princess' which is ironic because I call her princess, she has a younger sister named Krystal and she HAD an older sister but she died in an accident (which she's not comfortable talking about yet) and apparently, she can sleep anywhere.

I don't have a doubt in my mind that she can. 

All of these facts just made her more intriguing in my mind. She was different from the rest, she didn't care about what I wanted or what I hated and she didn't care whether our interests were common or not.

Jessica Jung captivates me the more I think or talk or see her. 

I made sure to write down all of this newfound information in what I like to call my 'Princess Notebook'.

Yes, I have a notebook dedicated to her. I don't care if it's creepy or not, it's my ultimate treasure.

Unfortunately, our game was cut short when she got a serious phone call and she was picked up by her driver to an unknown destination but she didn't forget to say goodbye.

I don't think I've ever been so happy in my entire life. After 2 meetings, Jessica Jung has become a necessity in my life and I made it my goal to become her necessity as well.

*Ring Ring*

My thoughts are interrupted by the ringing of a phone and I groan in displeasure. Who the hell would dare to ruin my moment right now?

I roll over and take my phone from the nightstand and look at the caller ID. It's my lovely father, GREAT.

I pick up and say a curt greeting, wanting to keep this as short as possible.

"Taeyeon? Are you there?" A deep, manly voice comes from the other side of the line. 

It was ironic because the last word I would choose to describe this man is 'Manly'. He was a coward, the opposite of what people thought of him to be.

"Yeah, what do you want?" I reply coldly.

"Ahh~ Sorry I couldn't be there this week, I was so busy~" 

I knew what he meant of course when he said he was 'busy'. It meant he was spending all of his time and money on another or two. It was his way of living, his niche.

I caught him a couple of times already and I even snapped a picture once, unbeknownst to him. I never told the chairwoman though, I don't really know why. I guess I had no reason to. I wasn't threatened by the news.

 "I didn't ask you. What do you want from me father?" I snap.

"Aish.. So harsh to your own dad~ Anyways, I want you to visit your brother tomorrow so the press can take pictures of you going to the hospital. Kay~? Make sure to look good, you're the heiress of MEGA Entertainment And MEGA Enterprises now~" 

"Whatever." I hang up on him, unable to bear conversing with him anymore.

That's all he wanted. It was always "Take a few pics for the press Taeyeon~ " or "Make sure you're smiling~" it was absolutely disgusting.

I couldn't stand how he just casually implied that my brother - his very own son- was going to die. I mean I wasn't expecting him to survive either but it was way too ing early to say like that.

And just like that, my mood went from sky high to rock bottom. What a wonderful life you have Kim Taeyeon.

I sigh in frustration when I hear a knock at the door.

I get off of my bed and whip the door open, making sure my pissed off face is in place.

"Miss Kim." 

Tony's voice kindly greets me and I sigh again. I could never stay too frustrated when it came to Tony. He was just too father-like. How ironic.

"Come in." I open the door widely and gesture for him to come in and he follows.

"What's up Tony?" I say dejectedly as I flop myself down on one of my bean bags and take my favourite guitar from its stand.

The guitar was a dark red shade with golden features, its head was a dark shade of black and it had golden tuning pegs. 

It had a 'KT' imprinted on the front which of course obviously symbolized my name but when my mother gifted to me on my fourteenth birthday, she told me it also meant 'Keep Tall'.

 It meant the world to me.

"The chairwoman asked me to bring you this." Tony hands me a large envelope and I look at it suspiciously before taking it. 

I settle my guitar down on my lap before I can play a single note and rip open the envelope carefully. 

Inside, are dozens of pictures. As I look at the pictures more closely, they are of Tiffany and who I think might be Yuri hanging out at some ice cream place. 

I couldn't see Yuri's face because her back was turned but I've known her long enough to distinguish her tall frame and her curvy figure.

Tiffany is smiling widely at Yuri and in my mind I'm ecstatic about seeing them together like this. They both deserve each other equally.

On the outside though, I smirk at the pictures. The chairwoman still thinks I have feelings for Tiffany and she's trying to torture me by showing me that she's moved on. How humorous and pathetic. 

I told you didn't I? My parents are indescribable, in the worst way possible.

Well, at least her focus was on someone else today rather than having me followed and catching me with Jessica, not that it wild mean anything to me. 

"Tony, please send these back to her and tell her I'm totally heartbroken. Make sure to say it as sarcastically as you can." 

I wink as I give them back to him after I stuff the pictures back in the envelope and he chuckles in response before he quietly takes his leave.

I lay back down on the comfortable bean bag and start to play a soft melody on my guitar. 

I close my eyes and my mind drifts off to thoughts of a certain Princess again. Her lips, her eyes, her nose. Every single aspect of her has my heart fluttering like mad.

Slowly, very slowly, I start to sing along with the beautiful melody that reminded me of my princess. 

In this short amount of time, I fell in love like a fool on Christmas day. She has me twisted around her fingers and I absolutely love it.

I smile as I figure out what to do about my art project. I'll paint her eyes, the very first thing that captivated me when I first layed my eyes on her.

The familiar glint in them and the way they sparkle when she smiles. 

Her eyes may be the window to her soul, but they are also key to my own heart.

 


 

An introduction to Taeng's parents!

Hmm i think next chap will introduce her brother.

Guys it's back to hell- school- here in Canada ugh >.<

And the weather is freeeeeezing 

oh & i changed my username just becuz

comment pls, it motivates me to write :)