Blood & Strawberries

Mending You

MY:18

"Are you okay Taeyeon-unnie? You're looking a little pale." She smirks, taking a step towards me and I instinctively stand in front of Jessica in case she tries something.

I narrow my eyes at her and curse my genes for being too short to actually look threatening. My height was one of my biggest insecurities after all.

"H-Hey guys.." Sooyoung interrupts our glaring contests and all eyes turn towards her.

The taller girl clears uncomfortably and walks over to me, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"It's been a while don't you think?" Sooyoung says to her, their eyes locked together, "Maybe we should calm down a little. yeah?"

"Oh don't worry Sooyoung-unnie I'm perfectly calm. It's Taeyeon-unnie over here that's getting all worked up." She smirks, pointing her index finger at me.

 She made sure to emphasize 'unnie' to provoke me and I glared at her. 

I take a step forward towards her threateningly, my face twisted up in anger but my emotions were engulfed by regret and sadness.

"Taengoo.." Jessica's soft, angelic voice invades my ears and I gulp at how my nickname coming out of is enough to soothe me and pull my mind from dangerous places.

Jessica wraps her hand around my upper arm, preventing me to go anywhere else but in her arms. Of course, there's no where else if rather be so I retreat back into her.

My face softens as I peek up at the mesmerizing beauty that is Jessica Jung. She has a worrisome expression on her face and I sigh, knowing that I probably scared her.

"I'm okay." I whisper to her, intertwining our hands together. She smiles sweetly and my heart swells.

"Your girlfriend?" She interrupts and my face hardens once again.

I don't want to answer her because if I do, she'll make it her goal to take Jessica away from me, just like I took her beloved from her as well. But if I don't answer her, Jessica will probably be hurt.

There was no chance at winning.

Suddenly, a loud clinking of heels comes our way and I thank the heavens for saving me. Or so I thought they did, until I saw who it was.

I grit my teeth when I see the chairwoman walking towards us in all her sophistication and fake smiles. She wraps her arms around her shoulders just like Sooyoung did to me before the chairwoman arrived.

"Now now honey, are you being disrespectful to a fellow student?" The chairwoman asks me and I roll my eyes at her, earning her signature glare.

"Oh no, you've got it wrong. We were just on our way to class Mrs. Kim." She lies, making sure to sound as sweet as possible as she never takes her eyes off of Jessica and I frown, tightening our intertwined hands.

Why is she being kind to the chairwoman?

The chairwoman smiles at her sweetly but when her gaze turns to me, her eyes harden immediately. Nobody ever notices it but me because I've had to endure that hidden stare for years.

She scans over me like she usually does and I break into a sweat when I realize I'm holding Jessica's hand. The older woman narrows her eyes at me warningly before turning her attention back to the girl in her arms.

I breathe a sigh of relief when she does.

"Alright then, that's good to hear. Get to class now, all of you are late." She says sweetly and I could detect the vile poison dripping out of .

"Yeah, let's go." I answer back and all of us make our way over to home room in silence.

I never let go of Jessica and I was happy to see that she was giving me reassuring glances every once in a while. She didn't even know what was going on and she was already taking my side. She really is amazing.

It kind of scared me to think that maybe her perspective of me might change after she finds out the truth about me. My past and her past.

Unsurprisingly, she had the same home room as all of us. And she just happened to be seated right behind Jessica. The damn alphabetical order.

"Everyone as you all now, a fellow student just returned from her vacation so let's all welcome her respectively okay?" Our home room teacher announces wearily, clasping her hands together tightly but the room was deadly quiet.

So I guess she's been having her fun bullying everyone else here huh? I think to myself.

She stands up from her seat abruptly and bows mockingly. I scoff at her and turn towards the front of the classroom so I don't have to have her in my line of sight.

I turned enough to only be looking at Jessica and I could see the confusion in her eyes.

"Ignore her." I mouthed and she nodded at me understandingly.

"It's great to be back guys. Although there are some new faces here so I guess I should introduce myself." I can hear her chair scraping the floor and I assumed she got out of her seat for some reason.

"I'm Im Yoona, nice to meet you." She says seductively and I turn my head towards her out of curiosity.

My eyes widen at the sight I'm seeing. Yoona was on one kneel in front of Jessica, kissing her hand like some prince out of a Disney movie. Jessica had wide open, looking as shocked as ever.

I jump out of my chair and lunge towards Yoona, tackling her to the ground. I hear gasps all around as we clash together, punching and pulling and all that. Of course, I was overpowering her. She punched me and I could feel blood in my mouth so I punched her back just as hard.

"Don't touch her!" I yell in her face as I sit on top of her while she struggles to get out of my grasp.

I didn't take Judo classes for nothing.

I could feel someone trying to pry me off of her so I stood up and glared at the person.

"Taeyeon calm down." Yuri, the one trying to stop the fight says softly, pointing to the whole class.

Everyone except Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Yuri looked surprised and shocked. All of my classmates were probably wide eyed because when I left this hell hole, everyone still thought that we were bestfriends. 

Well, I guess I just proved them wrong.

My friends just looked tired. I could spot Tiffany looking at me worriedly so I sighed. 

".." Yoona mumbles out of nowhere, wiping the blood off of her face with her sleeve as she stumbles, trying to stand up.

Yuri grasps her arm to steady her and just as I'm about to pounce on her again, Jessica halts my intentions my standing up and cupping my face.

I look at her weirdly, wondering why she was doing this. Her eyes were scanning all over my face with a concerning gaze and my adrenaline from the fight was replaced by my fluttering heartbeat.

"Are you okay? Let's go to the nurse!" She exclaims as she tries to drag me outside.

I couldn't even say anything because I was so surprised.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Yuri holding a fuming Yoona back and I smirk, knowing that I just won the fight and the girl,

"Sica I'm okay.." I coo for the nth time as we head to the infirmary but she's too stubborn to listen, insisting that I get medical help.

She pushes me down onto one of the many white linen sheeted beds when we get there that are line up in a row in the room and looks for the nurse, leaving me be for a few moments.

"She's not here.." She mumbles when she returns from the nurses office and I giggle at her pouting face.

"Come here Sica." I command softly, opening my arms wide and she sighs before complying to my demands, straddling me.

"Did I scare you baby?" I whisper in her ear and she nods quietly.

"I'm sorry, things between me and Yoona are...complicated." I explain briefly as I her silky hair.

She buries her face in my neck and sighs. I could feel her sniff my neck and it made the butterflies in my stomach go wild.

"I was so worried for you when you guys started fighting." She confesses and I grin happily, rubbing her back now.

It was pretty new for someone to be worried about me other than Sunny and the rest. It felt...good.

"I can't promise it won't happen again though." I sigh, thinking of how there was no way we wouldn't argue when we're in the same class.

Let alone the same school.

"I know." She whispers back, "Just promise me you're gonna win if you get into another one."

I laugh at her as she raises her head and chuckles at me. Before I know it, my mood has lifted exponentially, all because of the girl in my arms.

"Sica." I call out after our laughter died down, "Do you want to go on another date today?"

"Now?"

She looks at me surprised and I bite her nose playfully when she doesn't answer for a while.

"Yah!" She whines and pushes my face away from hers.

"Say yes or I'll kiss you." I demand, grabbing both of her wrists so she can't push me away again.

She pouts at me, "Can I get the kiss and the date?"

I throw my head back from my laughter and smile at her seductively when my chuckles have faded away.

"Of course you can darling." I whisper and lean in close to connect her lips.

It wasn't a heated kiss or anything, it was sweet and short and I loved every second of it. Her lips tasted just like they've tasted every single time I've kissed her. Strawberries

"Let's go?" I say breathlessly when we pull apart and she nods cutely at me, getting off of my lap.


IM YOONA??? *gasps*

lol jk, most of you guessed it right though. You guys are so sharp ^.^

what do you think? too dramatic? cause there's going to be LOOOTS more drama from now on kekeke