Unwanted (Permanent?) Guests

Mending You

MY:17

"Sica!!" I yell happily, running towards a familiar figure the moment my driver pulls in and parks in front of my school.

Soon enough, all eyes are on me except the pair I want the most.

"Miss Kim! You forgot your bag!" Tony calls out, chasing after me and I roll my eyes at my own stupidity.

I pause a moment to let him catch up and grab my bag from the poor man when he's close enough.

"Thanks, bye." I reply quickly, leaving right away to try to catch up to my princess.

"Sica-yah!!" I yell again as one of the doormen open the large glass doors for her.

Thankfully, it seems as though she finally heard me because she whipped her head around to face me, her hair tossing back looking like some Greek goddess. When her eyes land on mine, she beams at me and waves me over.

I pause for a second to take in her out of this world beauty. I quickly snap a picture of her when I get close enough which made her a little annoyed, much to my amusement.

"Yah! Enough pictures, come on. Were going to be late." She grunts adorably, linking her arms with mine and pulling me forward.

I smile at her amusingly and let her drag me along to her locker to get her textbooks and all.

---

"Where were you yesterday?" Jessica interrogates, curiosity clear in her baby browns.

"Why? Were you worried?" I tease, leaning into the locker next to hers, crossing my arms and smirking at the now annoyed girl.

"Well yeah, why else would I ask? Pabo." She rolls her eyes at me and I chuckle at her.

"What about you? You always miss days though!" I point out and Jessica visibly stiffens.

She pauses her actions, her hand in midair from getting a textbook on the highest shelf. I gulp, instantly regretting asking her something that is probably too personal for her to answer.

"A-ah. S-sorry, never mind." I stutter awkwardly, shifting in my spot and rubbing the back of my neck from nervousness. I lower my head to avoid eye contact with the younger girl.

Suddenly, a hand cups my chin, making me face her.

"Don't be sorry. A-Actually, I-" she pauses, taking a deep breath and I mentally prepare myself for what she's about to say, since it seems pretty serious.

"I-"

"YO TAENG!" A loud voice shouts in my ear and a hand pats my back in greeting, preventing me to hear what Sica just said or might've said.

"What!" I reply viciously, whipping my head around to face who the culprit is.

When I turn around, all I'm faced with is a chest that I'm very familiar with, considering our height difference. I roll my eyes at the giant and she raises her hands up in surrender.

"Woah, why so mad?"

Choi Sooyoung.

"What do you want giant? I'm having a conversation right now and you just disturbed it." I spit out and give her a nasty glare.

She belly laughs at me and I pout at the taller girl.

"Ahh~ what a cute midget. You look like a kid when you're mad HAHA" She continues on laughing, pinching my cheeks and wiping tears from her eyes.

"Okay okay." I brush her off of me, feeling annoyed at the sudden intrusion.

"Who's this?" Sooyoung asks, pointing behind me at Jessica when she's finally done with her embarrassing laughter,

"Oh this is Jessica, my soon to be girlfriend." I beam at Jessica when I see a blush creep into her cheeks.

"Jessica? Oh JESSICA." She says as though she's come to realize who she is.

I give her a confusing glance and she waves me off, "Sunny Bunny told me about her." She explains and I nod in understanding.

"Wait." She starts, pulling me from my thoughts,"Soon to be? You're not dating now?" Sooyoung questions and I nod at her, giving her an expression that says 'I'm working on it'.

"Ah, I see. Soon to be huh? So I still have a chance?" Sooyoung teases, her eyebrows lifting up in down in a suggestive way and I whip my head around to face her, glaring at her and stomping on her foot angrily.

"YAH I WAS KIDDING MIDGET!!" She bellows angrily, holding on to her now injured foot, caressing it.

"You can't kid about Sica. She's mine." I pout, wrapping my arms around Jessica's waist in a protective manner while she just smiles at me and buries her face in my neck, which I love.

"Ugh fine, jheez. Plus you're already going to have another rival today, I dont think you need two." She says cryptically, letting go of her foot and looking at me seriously, which is unbelievable because she's never serious.

"What are you talking about?" I question the girl, holding Sica tighter.

A rival?

"Well I was going to tell you this earlier this morning but you were too caught up in chasing your soon to be girlfriend." She drags on and I roll my eyes.

"Just tell me alr-"

"Kim Taeyeon!" I'm interrupted by a familiar high pitched voice coming from behind Sooyoung that pierces my ears.

"What Bunny?!" I shout in annoyance as she gets closer and closer, looking extremely unlike herself.

Her hair is disheveled, probably from her running her hands all over it which is her habit when she gets stressed. The reason why she's stressed is something still unknown to me, although she's probably going to say what's up.

When she finally arrives, Sooyoung wraps her arms around her waist, giving her a back hug and I smile at the cute yet odd couple.

"What happened to you? Why do you look like ?" I ask teasingly but she doesn't laugh, she just rolls her eyes.

"Hey..what's wrong?" I question worriedly, concerned for my decade long friend.

"Oh! It's Jessica!" Sunny comments, ignoring my question and pointing at the girl in my arms who is looking back at my friend as well.

"It's nice to meet you." Jessica let's go of me to shake hands with Sunny and I let her, only because it's Sunny bunny though.

"Okay okay, enough introductions." I grab Sica from Sunny's embrace after a few seconds, much to the amusement of Sunny.

"Okay back to the topic." Sunny clears and I can see Sooyoung tightening her grip on her girlfriend for some reason.

"Taeng..." She trails off and I intertwine my hands with Jessica as I encourage my blond best friend to continue on.

"S-She's here.." She whispers, loud enough for only us four to hear and I stiffen knowing immediately who she's talking about.

She's back.

"Oh? Really.." I trail off, my mind invaded by unwanted thoughts and Sunny lowers her head, avoiding eye contact.

I sigh heavily and I can sense Jessica giving me a concerned glance but I ignore her. My hands were growing sweaty as my head was filled with painful memories.

Suddenly, Sooyoung and Sunny's eyes widen and they let go of their hold on each other. I frown at the sight of my bestfriend looking genuinely scared.

"Well well..." A feminine, unfamiliar voice speaks up from behind me and my ears perk at the sound,

I turn slowly and cautiously, taking my time to face her once again for the first time in years. I almost didn't recognize the tone of her voice because it's gotten deeper and fuller but I could never forget the way she talked.

I would never forget.

"Kim Taeyeon." She acknowledges, looking me up and down with her distinctive eyes.

I narrow my eyes at her when her gaze lingers a little too long on Jessica and our intertwined hands. She smirks as she looks back from me and Jessica and I give her my deadliest glare.

She will not take Jessica, no matter how hard she tries.

"You're looking good..Did you get shorter?" She speaks up after what seems like hours of deafening silence.

"What are you doing here?" I say, my words laced with the wickedest of thoughts and my face, barely able to look at her without snapping.

"Now now.." She starts, her gaze once again finding their way to Jessica and I squeeze our hands together in reassurance. I smile inwardly when she squeezes back.

"Don't be so tense Taeyeon-unnie, were scaring the kids." She smiles at me and I can see Hyoyeon and Yuri approaching us wearily from behind her, their concerned gazes locked on me and her.

"You're forgetting the fact that you're the youngest one here." I retort, earning a toothy grin from the girl standing in front of me.

"Good comeback.." She comments approvingly, still wearing that stupid smile of hers.

It wasn't always a stupid smile though. Once upon a time, her smile used to bring up my moods when I was feeling down and brighten up my darkest of days.

That was back when we were the bestest of friends.

Now those times are nothing but forgotten memories.


 

I felt let like this fic lacked some excitement and plot so 'she' is back

take a guess at who you think 'she' is ;)