First Meeting

Mending You

My name is Kim Taeyeon, second child to the founder of MEGA Ent., the largest Korean entertainment company of the 21st. Century. I currently live in Los Angeles, California, but due to specific family related reasons, I am being dragged back into my homeland. I guess you could say I am finally free of my exile, but for how long? I'm not sure. 

I was forced to move to LA by none other than my very own blood related brother. The exact same brother that I have admired and respected my entire life for his knowledge and leadership skills.

Don't ask me about why he forced me to move out because I have no idea, nobody really does. I do have a theory though.

My parents? They really didn't care about where the hell I was or why. They didn't question it when my brother made me leave, and I wasn't really surprised by that.

To them, I was useless, someone that isn't necessary because I knew to them, I was just insurance.

If something happens to my brother, I would be the one to inherit MEGA Ent. but I always knew that would never happen. It's not like I really cared about the company, I mean yeah, it provided for my luxuries but sometimes, I really wished I wasn't rich because then, maybe people would actually love me for me, not my money.

Yes, I'm pretty much just a spoiled brat but I was spoiled with money, not love. Something I could only dream of receiving.

My older brother, Kim Jiwoon, hates me. He's always hated me my entire life because he needed to know that he would be the one to inherit MEGA, not me.

I have repetitively told him that I would never take it from him and that I didn't even want it but he didn't care about what I had to say, nobody really did when it came to me.

I was currently on the flight to Korea and I was dreading everything that could possibly happen there. Did I tell you? My older brother that hates me, is currently in the hospital because he was diagnosed with leukaemia a couple days ago, hence why I am returning. 

The situation which he was most afraid of, has come true. It was also a situation I was most scared of too.

"Ma'am would you like anything to drink?" a terrifyingly girly voice drags me out of my depressing thoughts.

"No." I simply reply, not even bothering to face the flight attendant.

I was currently looking out at the mesmerizing sunset filled sky through the window. Why is it, that the world is so beautiful yet the creatures living in it are so vile? 

The different hues of beautiful colors in the sky remind me of a certain painting one of my only friends painted when I was still in school with her in Korea.

Ah~ School. What a terrible place to be half of your life. I know my unlovable father would probably make me go back to MEGA high, or what I like to call, prison.

My hatred of the school dated back since kindergarten, on my first day of school. Everyone treated me like royalty back then and even now, all because my father owned the school and my mom ran it.

I had no real friends back then, it was only until middle school where I found a few people who actually accepted me as Taeyeon, and not Kim Taeyeon, second child to the founder of MEGA Ent., and possibly the new heir.

I lean my head back on the comfy leather first class seat of the plane and sigh heavily. What the hell is happening with my life?

I grunt, not wanting to think about what would happen if something happened to my ill brother who I can't help but admire.

"Are you okay?" a soft, angelic voice asks me and I whip my head at the direction the voice came from.

Beside me, a goddess like figure smiles at me and I am utterly shocked at her beauty. She has beautiful blond locks for hair and shining brown eyes that remind me of mine. How could someone look so beautiful and seem so kind at the same time?

My heart stops beating and I hold my breath for what it seems like hours. Where did this girl come from? And why was I so affected? It's almost as though she's completely captivated me.

"Hello? Miss? Are you alright?" the goddess giggles at me and I am pulled out of my trance.

"Where did y- ah, y-yes.. I'm fine." I stutter lamely and I mentally face palm myself for acting so uncool.

"I'm Jessica." she states as she hold her hand out for me to shake.

When I finally reciprocate and shake her hand, her warmth somehow cools me down, if that even makes sense. Her tiny, skinny hand, what is it doing to me? If a handshake with her felt like this, what would a hug feel like? Or a...kiss?

Her hand just felt so... right. I don't know how to describe how I was feeling but it was the first time I've ever felt so giddy in my entire life.

There were a million butterflies flying around in my small stomach, all because of this alluring goddess.

She giggles adorably again and I smile goofily at her. I'm totally going to look for this woman when I get off this plane and land in Korea. I have to see her again.

"So.. What's your name?" 

"O-oh yeah, I almost forgot. My name is Taeyeon." I reply feebly, not able to gather my thoughts and form a coherent sentence because of this girl.

She lets go of my hand and I reluctantly let her, I didn't want her to get creeped out at me or anything. My hand automatically misses her warmth and I scold myself for being so attracted to her. You need to stop Kim Taeyeon, stop before something happens.

Something like this happened to me before and look what happened to me. The girl I used to love left me and I am only left with remnants of who I used to be, I hated my life before her and now I have no motivation to live anymore.

However, in this brief meeting, I found it. I found a reason to live. I wasn't just merely attracted to this goddess, I think this is love at first sight. It might sound cheesy but it's unbelievably true. I can't just let this woman go.

"Will I see you again?" I involuntarily blurt out my inner thoughts and I widen my eyes at my stupidity. 

"I hope so..." She replies softly and I see a hint of a blush in her smooth milky white cheeks but she quickly turns away and I am left staring at her wonderful side profile.

Is she as affected as I am? I can only hope so, I don't need another girl walking all over my heart but for some reason, I wasn't afraid of that.

We've only just met and I already trusted her with my mind and body. A goddess she truly was.

All of a sudden, the captain's voice booms out of the speakers, announcing our long awaited arrival. I glance at her one last time before I gather my things in a haste so I don't lose her.

She leaves before me and I rush to exit after her not wanting to let her go. We had a connection, which is someting I haven't had in my entire life, excluding her.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able find Jessica but I vow to myself to find her and make her mine. I don't know why but she had an amazing affect on me and before i realized, I found myself drowning in her presence and soft words.

This goddess, who exactly is she? And what is she doing to me?

 


 I know I said I would start after Polar Opposites but this chapter just wrote itself. I couldn't help myself, I hope you like the very first chapter :)