The Hideout

Mending You

MY:15

As I step out of class, Sunny pokes my arm irritably like when she does when she wants my attention and I glare at her.

She puts her arms up in surrender and points somewhere in the long hall.

I scan the halls for anything interesting to see but there's nothing my eyes can land on except girls and boys of all ages staring at me, which wasn't very new.

"What?" I scowl at the small girl, thinking she's probably playing games with me right now.

"Chill dork, I just saw your princess go down the left hall." She points and I waste no more time talking to her.

"You're welcome!" I hear her shout but I'm too concentrated on finding Jessica to care or to speak a coherent thank you.

Without a goodbye, i sprint down the left end of the hall and the moment I turn the corner, my eyes land on a slim figure, struggling to put things in her back from her locker.

I chuckle quietly and fix my uniform unconsciously before making my way over to the taller brown-eyed girl.

"You're supposed to hook it here."

I take her bag from her struggling grasp and hook it onto one of the metal hooks on the inside of the locker. Then, I lean on the locker next to hers, staring at her intently.

Unfortunately, she doesn't show any attention to me, she just continues on with her task and Kim Taeyeon hates being ignored, especially by the girl she loves.

"Sica~" I whine playfully.

"What?" She spits out and I pout at her.

I step behind her and loosely wrap my arms around her waist, garnering all the attention in the hall.

I glare at all the gawking students around us and they soon rush out of the hall to give me and Jessica privacy.

"Taeyeon stop."

She tries to pry my arms off of her but thanks to all the judo I've learned the past few years, I have a pretty good grip.

I lean my chin on her shoulder and I can hear her sharp intake of breath when I do.

I smirk at her from behind and I tighten my grip just a little bit.

"I'm sorry, were not even together yet and I started checking another girl out. I'm a pabo."

I bury my face in her shoulder and she sighs, pausing her actions.

"Aren't you annoyed of me? We're not official a couple and I'm already acting like a jealous girlfriend." She whispers almost inaudibly but somehow, I catch it.

I turn her around forcefully and push her into one of the lockers next to hers, trapping her with my arms.

"I think you might be an even bigger idiot than me Princess." I whisper in her ear and she gasps at the sudden closeness.

"B-Boya?? What are you trying to say Kim Taeyeon?"

She tries to push me off of her but thankfully, I'm much stronger.

"I love it. You're so ing cute when you're jealous it just makes me wanna take you here and now but I won't do that because I ing respect you. Please don't ever call yourself annoying again, you're too amazing for that love."

I retreat back a little to face her and I notice that her eyes are b with tears.

My face softens and I cup her face, caressing her cheeks with my thumbs.

"T-Taeyeon-ah... I'm so attracted to you... It-it scares me so much.." She sobs and I lean my forehead to hers.

"It's okay.. I'm here okay? I feel the same way, I'm scared as hell too. You scare the crap out of me because I've never felt so much attraction in my entire life so please... Don't act like you're alone, were in this together.." I whisper to her and she nods softly.

An idea pops into my head all of a sudden and I beam at the girl while she just looks at me like I'm some bipolar psycho.

"Let's go on our first date now, I don't wanna wait any longer." I exclaim excitedly and she smiles at me sweetly.

"Okay, let me just get my things and we'll go."

---

"Where are you taking me?" She tilts her head to the side in curiosity and I quickly pull my phone out and snap a picture of her.

She's just too damn adorable, and I'm going to make her mine.

"Hey! Delete it~" she whines! trying to grab the phone from my hands.

I retreat my phone back and merong her.

"No! This is going to be my wallpaper!" I retort, quickly setting the picture as my lock screen wallpaper.

"If you wanted a picture, we could've taken one together!" She pouts and I grin at her.

"Okay come here, let's take one in commemoration of our first date."

I pat the seat next to mine and she scoots over obediently.

I flush at her close proximity and it doesn't go unnoticed by her.

"Aww~ Is Taengoo blushing?" She teases and pokes my cheek.

I smile widely at her when I realize what she just called me.

"Taengoo?" I ask, eyebrows raised and a huge smile plastered on my face.

It seems as though the princess had a nickname for me too.

"Hmm, it's my nickname for you. Taengoo is such a cute nickname huh?" She grins up at me and I snap another up close picture of her smiling this time.

"Yah! I thought we were going to take a picture together!" She hits me in the arm and I giggle at her.

"Arasso, come here." I put my arms around her small shoulders and we both smile widely at my phone screen.

"Cheeeeeese~" we both exclaim and I take about a hundred pictures of her.

"Hey!! Only one!" Her eyebrows furrow adorable and I just chuckle and hug her.

In the corner of my eye, I see Tony in the rearview mirror, grinning at us and I return the smile, feeling genuinely happy at the moment.

And that was how we were the whole ride to our destination, cuddling in the back seat of my car, much to her annoyance but everytime she tried to let go of me, I just held on tighter.

She's soft like a stuffed toy~

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head about where to take her for our first ever date and I grin at my brilliant ness.

"Driver, take us to the hideout." I demand and ignore the questioning glance I'm getting from the brown eyed girl I'm holding in my arms.

This will be the best date ever.

When we pull up at the curb and a familiar building comes into my line of sight, my nerves start to build up more and more.

What if she doesn't like what I've planned for her? I need to make this as memorable as possible...

"What's going on in here?"

Jessica knocks on my head playfully and I smile at her nervously, finally letting her free from my firm hold to step out of the car.

She's about to climb out on her side but I pull on her gently so she exits in my side again and she does.

"Why can't I go out on the other side?" She asks me, fixing her skirt a little because it got crumpled from the ride.

"There's a pot hole on the other side, I don't want you to trip and hurt yourself." I reply truthfully as I grab her hand, wave goodbye to Tony and lead her into the building.

"You're such a gentleman." She whispers, tugging on my hand causing me to turn to face her and before I know it, she kisses me chastely on my cheeks.

I blush profusely but I quickly turn around to unlock the door so she doesn't see me.

I bend down and lift up the carpet that reads 'Welcome to Hell' on it. When I see a ring of several keys under it, I smirk.
Tony still hides my keys in the same spot.

My fingers are fumbling with the keys and my hands are too shaky to find the right one because of the effect of Jessica's kiss so she grabs them from me.

"Which one is the right one?" She asks and I point towards the small sky blue key.

When the door is finally unlocked and the automatic lights come on, I fidget and look at Jessica nervously to see her reaction of the place.

"Holy Taengoo." She whispers and she looks at me in awe it seems like.

"W-What?"

"You...Are these yours??" She drags me inside and points to all of my old sketches and paintings hanging on all available spaces on the walls.

This place is what I like to call my sanctuary, my only escape from reality. Whenever I'm feeling down, I usually come here by myself and draw my heart out.

The only people who know about this place were Tony, Sunny, Yuri, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and my old friend, Yoona.
This was my second studio, aside from the one I used to share with Sunny where we all usually hang out. Although, it's more like my home than my studio.

Before I left for LA, I made sure that this place was taken care of and that none of my paintings were to be touched or tainted whatsoever.

My paintings and drawings were like my journals. I liked to call them my very own visual journals because I always managed to portray what I was feeling through art. It was one of the only ways I could freely express myself.

"Mhmm." I hum in response, my mind wandering.

"Taeyeon-ah, you...these... ah! They're amazing!"

She grabs both of my hands in hers and she looks at me with wide eyes.

"D-Do you think so?" I ask shyly, averting my gaze and she nods aggressively.

"You could be the next Picasso!!" She exclaims excitedly and jumps up and down happily.

I chuckle at her adorableness but on the inside I'm beyond flattered that she likes my visual journals, I don't know what would happen if she didn't.

"Taengcasso?" I tease and she bursts in laughter but something seems to catch her eye because she stops and looks behind me with a somber expression.

Jessica leads me to a large rectangular painting behind me and she points to it.

"This one is my favourite! She's so beautiful!"

My eyes graze every inch of the painting and before I realize, tears are running down my face.

"Taengoo? Why are you crying??"

Jessica steps closer to me but I shake my head, wiping my own tears away softly.

"This one was the last one I've painted in four years." I say as I scan the large painting again.

"W-Who's the one in the painting?" She asks me cautiously and I squeeze her hand.

"She's...my m-mother." I whisper.

The painting was of my mother back when she was younger and more lively. In my painting, she looks so happy, her eyes are shining brilliantly and her smile is almost as beautiful as her real one.

When I was painting this, a month after her death, I kept having these dreams of her, running around in the sand in the beach we both visited once. She was holding my hand and leading me to the water to play and she kept smiling at me and so I decided one day that I needed to paint it, so I would never forget that beautiful picture in my head.

I couldn't paint anything after this, it was too painful for me. Yet, after four years of grieving, I found new inspiration. Her name happens to be Jessica Jung.

"This beach...It's the one we went to.." She looks at me and I nod at her quietly.

"Yeah.. I went there with her once. It was the first time I ever went out with her but the day after.. S-She.." I choked on my words, barely able to breathe.

"S-She.." I tried again but I couldn't get the words out. "She.."

"Shhh.. It's okay Taeyeon, you don't have to tell me now. Stop crying love, I hate it when you cry." She coos and cups my face, leaning her forehead to mine.

I whimper softly as all the painful memories start to invade my mind. I close my eyes, trying to shoo them away but to no avail.

Everything comes at me at once. Her long, silky brown hair, just like mine. Her shining brown eyes, just like mine. Her cute chubby cheeks, just like mine. Her short figure, just like me.

She once told me that I was the apple of her eye but now that eye is gone and the apple is nothing but rotten.

"Taeyeon look at me." A soft voice says and I snap my eyes back open.

"It's okay. Just look at me and nothing else, focus on me and relax."

I nod and I follow her advice, before it know it, I've calmed down exponentially and my breathing has returned to normal.

"Good girl." She smiles and retreats back from me to face me but she doesn't take her hands off of my face.

"I-I'm sorry, I probably just ruined our first date.." I whisper but she shakes her head at me.

"No you didn't, this is a moment I want to remember. Will you tell me why you brought me here though?"

"I-I wanted to paint you.." I avert my eyes from hers but she cups my chin and makes me face her.

I almost lose my breath when I see the expression on her face.

Jessica is smiling at me brilliantly and my face softens.

"I'd love to be painted by you, Taengcasso." She teases and I laugh at her lame joke.

"Come on then."

---

"How much longer?" Jessica whines again and I smile softly at her.

"I'm done." I say as I look down at my sketchbook to observe my artwork.

It's a masterpiece. I doubted if I could properly portray every beautiful thing about her eyes but I was able to and that made me feel really proud.

"Lemme see!" She tried to snatch the book out of my hands but I quickly retreat it before she does.

"Anniyo! This is mine!" I exclaim like a child and she crosses her arms at me.

"Boya?! I sat there for 10 minutes! I wanna see Taengoo~~" she pouts and tries to grab the sketchbook again but I jump off my seat and run away.

"Mine!"

---

"Taengoo, I'm hungry." Jessica says as she lays lazily on my black leather couch.

I grab one of my stools and prop myself onto it.

"Okay princess, what'd ya wanna eat?" I ask as I prepare my phone to dial any restaurant or take out place she wants.
"Hmmm... PIZZA!" She screams and I laugh at her.

She's such a pizza monster. Well, at least she's focused more on food rather than looking at my sketchbook now.
When the pizza delivery guy arrives, Jessica insists that she pays for the food but I quickly scold her, saying that this is our first date and since I invited her, it's my treat.

"Ugh this is my favourite!!" Jessica exclaims as she shoves down the poor pizza slice down .

"So your favourite pizza is Hawaiian?" I ask to myself as I take out the 'Princess Notebook' where I have all my so far collected facts on Ms. Jessica Jung.

"What's that?" She questions me and I freeze, halfway done my little side note of her.

"Err.. Nothing!" I exclaim as I quickly stuff it back into the back pocket of my jeans.

"Hmm, you're acting suspicious but I'll let it go for now." Jessica says as she takes out her phone and starts to scroll down on the little screen.

"What are you looking at?" I ask her because of the frown she's making while looking at the object in her hand sombrely.

"Nothing..." She mumbles and my eyebrows furrow.

"Who's acting suspicious now?"

She looks up from her phone and sighs heavily, making my concern for her grow even further.

"Seriously, what's up?" I ask her, shoving another pizza down my throat.

"What day is it today?" She asks out of nowhere, looking like she's in a daze.

"I think it's Thursday, why?"

Suddenly, her eyes widen and she curses out loud, throwing down her half eaten slice and grabbing her jacket on the stool next to her.

"Hey what's wrong!?" I grab her arm before she can leave and she looks at me, eyes still wide.

"I totally forgot something really important today! I'm so sorry but I just texted my driver and he's picking me up right now." She wiggles out of my grasp, throws on her jacket and steps out of the door.

I follow her, not bothering to find my own jacket because I have no time for that, even if it's freezing outside.

"Hey wait!" I grab her hand again and force her to face me, but not too roughly.

"I'm so sorry Taeyeon but I have to go." She looks at me with a regretful expression and I sigh at her.

"Is it something you can't tell me yet?" I question, my eyes softening and she steps close to me.

"Yeah... Not yet." She whispers in my ear and hugs me tightly in which I reciprocate.

"It's okay. I understand.." I hold her waist securely and we stay in this position for a couple of minutes.

"Hey, you're gonna be sick." She states softly, retreating back a little to face me and I smile at her concern for me.

"It's okay, I'm a strong girl, it's hard for me to get sick!" I exclaim, grinning widely and she pinches my cheeks.

"Stop being so cute." She pouts and my grin becomes wider.

My happy mood disappears quickly when a black town car comes into view and Jessica lets go of me.

"Wait." I take her hand before she can climb into the vehicle and she looks at me sympathetically.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school?" I ask, not wanting to separate with her just yet.

"Mhm, if I'm there." She retorts quickly and before I can reply, she steps in and drives off.

---

"." I groan as another migraine invades my head.

"Here Miss Kim, more aspirin?" Tony says as he holds his hands out, one containing a small pill and the other, a glass of water.

"Sure." I sniff, bringing myself into a sitting position but not letting go of the heavy yet comforting blankets on top of me.

"No school today." Tony demands sternly as I pop the pill into my mouth and mouth down the glass of water.

"No, I think I can go Tony." I persist, starting to get out of bed but Tony quickly rushes over to me and forcefully places me back down on a laying position on my large bed.

"No school today." Tony repeats and I shrink at his stern voice and the mean look on his face.

I pout, hoping he'd let me go but he just raises his eyebrows and goes back to the chair on the other side of the bed, where he was sitting before, watching over me.

"No, you're too sick. What made you think you could stand out in the cold and not get sick?" He crosses his large arms over his large chest and purses his lips at me, giving me a disapproving look.

"I thought I wouldn't." I grumble, pulling the blanket over me and rolling my eyes at the large man beside me.

Suddenly, a clever plan pops into my head and I unconsciously smirk.

"Forget it, I confiscated your phone so you won't be able to ask Sunny to save you." Tony says, dangling my phone up in the air.

I sigh and give him a dirty look but it doesn't even phase him.

I guess I'm not seeing Jessica today then.


exams r almost over yesss

what do you think is wrong w/ Sica?