I Failed

No More Tomorrow

we thought we've done well enough.

but things happened and we can't change the fate.

what's important is how you are doing during and after it happened


Tears had been swelled up Hakyeon's eyes when he remember the bitter day, he let go his tears he held for the past 4 years.

"Everyday, I mourned for his lost. I don't know if he's dead, or alive. I just don't know. Hana's mother had been covering the hospital money, saying that this isn't my fault. but I couldn't. I left their home and found this home." He cupped his face, redder than usual, to avoid Taekwoon from seeing his pale-blue lips.

"Everytime I remembered him, my body went to the last moment where I lost him. I felt numb, my stomach hardens, my lips turned blue. I just can't forget him."

"Oppa. Stop."

Immediately, Taekwoon and Hakyeon turned their heads around and saw Hana gasped at the door. Hana's face was totally red.

"Hana..."

"Seriously, I meant it to stop !" She screamed. "He's gone, okay ?! He's gone."

"I failed." He whispered. "I failed !" Hakyeon spitted it louder. 

"Please stop, oppa !" Hana burst into tears and running towards Hakyeon, starting to punch his chest. "I mean it, please stop !"

It took a while for Hana to compose herself until a complete stop. "Jaehwan would never want to see you crying." Taekwoon told Hana.

"Neither he would Hakyeon oppa. He certainly rather killing himself than a drop of tear from Hakyeon oppa." replied Hana. All three of them silent.

"Yah, Hana, the eggs is burning...." Hyuk entered the room, froze for a moment when he saw sad-faced Taekwoon hyung, red-face and pale-blue lips of Hakyeon hyung and hard-stoned Hana.

"What are you doing ?" He asked. Immediately, Hana just got up and went out of the room, crying. Taekwoon gave a look and Hyuk followed Hana.

Hakyeon cupped his face again. While Taekwoon, motionless stood in front of him. He sobbed too hard, and almost lose his breath.

The next word Taekwoon said before he left the door ajar, made Hakyeon stared at him for a long time.

"Are you wanting to live with uncertain people, or people who cared, like me ?"


Hyuk went out from the house to find Hana lying under a shade tree covered by snow. "Yah, are you crazy lying in the snow ?!"

"Leave me, high schooler, or I'll kill you !" Hana yelled, facing her back towards Hyuk.

Hyuk plunked down beside Hana and throw a snowball at her face. "Hey !" She flustered.

"You're mad, I understand. But the snow is cold. And it's for calling me high schooler." mumbled Hyuk. Everything went silent, Hana still have her back and Hyuk stared at the sky. They sat together for a very long time. 

How much Hyuk wanting to know why she's flustered with Hakyeon, but as brightly and brutally she is, Hana still a girl. Slowly, he tried to grab her attention.

"You know, Hana, me and my mom used to lie on the snow, letting the snowflakes dropped on our face." He forced the word "used to".

Ding ! It work. She turned to face him. "Used to ?" Suddenly, regret came bursting in Hana for being so rude to Hyuk.

And Hyuk regret for bringing out his mother when he was so weak with the word. "Yeah. Used to." His tears went out. "She was killed by my step-father."

Hana startled to see Hyuk's tears. Not once she ever seen a boy who she didn't knew, cried so easily in front of stranger. Akwardly, she got up, brushed off the snow from his hair and tried to pat his back, assuring him, but only manage to put her fingers on Hyuk's.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"Huhhh..." She let out a huge breath. "Me, Hakyeon oppa and Jaehwan oppa used to love snow too. Only, now that Jaehwan oppa is...."

"Hakyeon hyung probably couldn't accept your brother's disappearence, because of something you know." Hyuk snapped. "Probabbly, you don't know, something that they kept a secret together."

"Really ?" She doubted. Hyuk nodded. "Something girls didn't know about guys, though."

"You're cute high-schooler, Hyuk. Why did you stayed with Hakyeon oppa ?" She asked.

"I don't know." He shrugged his shoulder, not knowing anything. "I was suprised too when hyung offered me some place to stay, but I'll accept. There's no one left for me in this world."

"Poor Sanghyukkie..." Hana hugged him in the snow, spreading warmness that made Hyuk feel lovavble again.

"I... feel loved again."


Hakyeon watched Hyuk and Hana hugged. He wished it was Jaehwan down there, and when they released their hug, he will look up and saw Hakyeon, then waved brightly.

Instead, it wasn't Jaehwan that he hoped. It was really Hyuk down there, who looked up and alerted Hana that he was watching them, then waved happily.

He wondered if what Taekwoon said was real. Does he really meant it ? That Taekwoon cared about him as much as Jaehwan do ?

But he's a stranger, no more. If he really does his friend, Jaehwan stayed in his mind longer than Taekwoon does.

Hakyeon looked at the falling snow, accompanied by the bright full moon.

Jaehwan would always love this view......


Taekwoon watched Hakyeon, who sat on the window, for a long time.

He doesn't know why he cared about Hakyeon so much.

But Hakyeon's was the first friend he had in years.


i forced myself to finish a chapter before reading other fanfics... -,-

duhhh.... it's really cold out here....

do comment, thanks for subscribe and thanks for viewing !