Lee Jaehwan

No More Tomorrow

time passes and memories made


UPDATE


"Hyung ?" Jaehwan clinged to Hakyeon's neck. It was a very special day, it's Jaehwan's 18th birthday and he wanted to celebrate his dongsaeng's born day at a the funfair.

"Yeah, Jaehwan, ready to go ?" He asked him back, grabbing his most valuable cap he ever had and put it on Jaehwan's head.

"Oppa !" Then came the 16-year-old Hana, hugging Jaehwan from his back. "Can I come ?"

Hakyeon smiled when he looked at the siblings. He grabbed another cap and placed on Hana's blonde hair. "Of course girl, where Jaehwan's going, you should too !"

"Hakyeon-ah." Jaehwan's mother came to his door and laughed to see her children wore the cap weirdly. "Take care of my Jaehwan and Hana, will you ?" She affixed Hana's cap and moaned. "There, you're good to go."

Hakyeon bowed politely to her. "Of course, aunty, I'll protect them with my own life !" 

"Have fun you guys ! Be sure come home early, Jaehwan-ah !" his mother sent them at door and waving goodbye.

"Yeah ! We're going to the funfair !" Hana screamed, laughing and poking around with her two brothers, one related by blood, the other was a stanger, but not anymore.


"Hyung, it's Han river !" Jaehwan pulled Hana and Hakyeon towards the water front. "So ?" Hana questioned.

"It's pretty. Can we take a picture ?"

"Of course." Hakyeon tapped a nearby boy who was walking around the water front. "Excuse me, can you take our picture ?"

"No. No, let me take it." Hana took Hakyeon's phone. "I don't want to be in the picture. My face swollen up. Just oppas."

"Such a princess." Hana jerked back at Jaehwan, taking the phone back from the stranger. "Okay ?"

Hakyeon and Jaehwan took position and pose three to four pictures until Hana halted. "Enough... it's over, let's go.."

"Hana !" protested Jaehwan. Then, the fightings starts again, and Hakyeon had to seperate them and they off to the funfair.

The stranger Hakyeon called was lingering around. While Hana captured the pictures with the phone, the stranger simply took out his Polaroid camera and captured the scene himself.

The picture came out beautiful. He sighed as he watched the triplets that seemed connected walked away. He imagined what it will be like if his family were all here.

"I wish you're here with me, umma."


"Oppa, I felt like someone following us..." Hana held Hakyeon's arms tightly, her eyes shifted from side to side, trying to detect the person. They were lining up for the roler coaster when Hakyeon felt the pressure.

"Hesshh, Hana.. It's just your imagination. Too many Twilights got into your head." Jaehwan knocked her head. "No vampires want you !"

"Aishhhh !!" She punched his brother's arms. "I just said, "I felt", okay..." Hana moaned.

Hakyeon sighed... They're like children, he moaned. He faced Hana and whispered. "I don't think someone following us, Hana, I guess if they wanted to follow, you'll be the target, because you're pretty." he joked.

Hana's face turned red, instantly, she targeted Hakyeon's muscle arm to taste her punch. "It's not funny !"

Jaehwan and Hakyeon ended up laughing harder upon looking at Hana's duckface and not realizing they've reached to the entrance. The guard cleared his throat. "Ticket, please ?"

They quickly brought out their tickets and gave it to him, exciement fills their lungs as they were buckled to the cart.

"I hope, this won't flew..." Hana moaned, she sat alone with another female visitor, while Jaehwan and Hakyeon filled the space behind.

"This was the best birthday ever !" he exclaimed. "Well, I'm glad you like it, Jaehwan..."

"Hyung, I wish you won't had to leave us." Jaehwan played with his fingers. "I had so much fun since you boarded my mom house."

"Me too, but I had to go to college, remember ? Soon, you'll be big enough to go to college, and you'll be seeing me again okay ?" He held the twitching fingers and said. "I'll promise to protect you and Hana, forever, okay ?"

"Okay, hyung."

Right after Jaehwan finished his sentences, the roller coaster started. They screamed and banging and having fun as much as they can.

Hakyeon never felt happier than this. Taking Jaehwan and Hana, like his own siblings, it brought the light since the day his parents died.

And he really keeping his promise, he will.


The ride finished and the trio were exhausted. Hakyeon were panting and both Jaehwan and Hana lying on the resting place, trying to get rid of dizziness.

"I'm tired.." moaned Jaehwan. Hana nodded. "Me too oppa.... Where do we go next ?"

"Let's go home..." whispered Hakyeon, taking hard breaths. No words can explained their exhaustion, still.

"Oppa.... The feeling has gone." said Hana, hugging Jaehwan. "I think the person is tired following us. We've been playing for hours."

True, they've been in the funfair for 6 hours straight. "Nonesense ! I already told you, Hana, no one folllowing !"

"Oppa ! Just be quiet and sleep !" Hana knocked his brother's head.

"Guys, guys..... Enough...." Hakyeon sighed. "I'm gonna get you guys ice-cream... Wants some ?" 

"Yes, please !" Hana replied, but Jaehwan still silent. He went to a neraby convenient store and bought thee ice-cream.

Hakyeon was just about to give the money, when he suddenly he heard Jaehwan's and Hana's scream. His eyes stopped at the spot where he left them, but there were no signs of Jaehwan nor Hana.

"Hyung !" There, at the edge of the forest, he saw Jaehwan held captived by a man in black suit. While Hana, she screamed along in the middle of the road, shouting for Jaehwan.

"Jaehwan oppa !" "Hana-ah !"

Instantly, Hakyeon got in his feet and ran towards Jaehwan. "I promised already, I promised already !" he mumbled along the way. "Jaehwan-ah !"

"Let him go ! You !" screamed Hakyeon whiled punching the man. But how could a 21-year-old punch meant ? Feeling annoyed, the man punched kicked Hakyeon's back, sent him flying and landed on the road. Blood gushing out from his ear and nose, and his lips turned blue already. The impact of the landing might broke his leg, he could feel it, but he never stop.

He'll already promised Jaehwan to protect him.

"Hyung, just go !" The younger screamed before the man taped his mouth shut. Jaehwan just tharshing around in his arm before he froze at the thing he held.

"Be a nice boy if you don't want him hurt." The man threats Jaehwan, waving the gun around the air.

And Hakyeon already hold grip on the gun and tried to dislodged it from the man's hand.

BANGGGG !

"Hakyeon oppa !" From a far, Hana screamed for his brother. Against the tape, Jaehwan screamed and cried, once Hakyeon's bloodied body dropped to the ground.

"I've told you, be nice..." The man kept his gun and spat on Hakyeon. He headed towards the bushes, with Jaehwan still on his shoulder.

"Oppa !!! Don't go yet ! No, no ! Open your eyes, oppa !" Hana reached to Hakyeon, cupping the wound and cried again.

Hakyeon couldn't feel the pain in his belly, where the bullet pierced. He even didn't noticed that Hana brought people and cried as much as she can.

All he cares and see now, is how Jaehwan were kidnapped. The promise he made exactly 3 hours ago were broken.

"I promised...." Too late, Jaehwan had disappared.

The last word he said before he closes his eyes, was Jaehwan.


The bang sound startled him. But he didn't see the source of the sound, though.

Numerous picture he captured using the Poloroids. It was for his photography scrapbook, the one he had to submitted to the professor.

But one stuck out, shinning brighter than others. The one he took at Han river, the stranger that look the same age, and two minors.

Again, he let out a huge breath. He leaned agaisnt the chair and regretting about taking the picture. It reminds him more about his own family.

"Umma... Leo missed you...." 

He gave up of taking more picture, decided to head home. On his way, he stumbled upon somekind of accident, where a girl was crying and he caught a glimpse of pool of blood. But he didn't care, he just walked right past the site and headed home, with the camera sling to him.

Taekwoon's name carved on the camera.


i regret doing this plot.

i really can't spin off sadness mood :(

UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE-​UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE-​UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE-​UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE-​UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE

i forgot to include Taekwoon and Hakyeon's interaction.