Really really good friends

Only Look At Me

Luckily I was saved by my body senses. "Achoooooo" I sneezed as I jerked back. I sneezed a few more times to find a chuckling Daniel. He stood up and stretched, then offered a hand for me to get up. I slapped his hand in the process of getting up by myself. Jumping on his back, I demanded that he piggy-backed me home. He wriggled to try to get me off of his back, but after realising how persistent I was, he gave up and really piggy-backed me home. I fell asleep on his back en route to my house.

 

When I woke up, it was already 7am in the morning... and I was on my bed. I made a mental note to myself on how I should treat Daniel to a popsicle next time to thank him for bringing me home. After getting ready, I skipped down the stairs and was greeted by mom. "That Daniel guy seems like pretty nice chap huh?" she winked. "MOOOOOOOM" I groaned in protest of continuing this conversation. But somehow she didn't get the hint. "We sat down for a chat and I see that he's not from our district.. Where did you meet him?" my eyes widened as I noticed how much information she knew about Daniel. Choking on my toast, I hastily replied that we first met after the huge disagreement with Myungsoo, chugged down my glass of milk, smooched my mom on the cheek and ran out of the door shouting a bye.

 

Phew. If the conversation had continued, mom would totally want more information about him. I cursed as I realised I hadn't brought my skateboard with me. Oh well, public transport today then. Humming to my new favourite song, Message by a new rookie group, I strolled down the street to the bus stop. I was so into the song I didn't even realise someone was calling me. "YAH! IS THAT HOW YOU'D TREAT ME?! IGNORING ME NOW HUH" eyebrows raised in surprise, I turned around to find myself facing a seemingly angry Myungsoo who looked like he got himself a unibrow. 

 

For the next five minutes of waiting for the bus, he just kept on whining about how sad and neglected he felt, although I'd already repeated my sorry for more then ten times. Sometimes he can be such a choding... oh well. Spotting the bus from a distance, I pulled his hand and walked to the front. I sat down on a seat, plugged in earpiece and closed my eyes so that I didn't need to endure anymore of Myungsoo's nagging. Lifting one eyelid up, I saw that Myungsoo was seated right in front of me, wearing a pout on his face. Somehow, I fell asleep on the bus.

 

By the time I woke up, it was already a few bus stops past my school and I cursed at myself for being such a dimwit. Realising that Myungsoo had already gotten off the bus without me, I cursed silently another time, thinking about what an idiot he was for abandoning me. Flipping up my phone, my face scrunched up realising how many times Myungsoo had called me and left me a voice message. I listened to all the voice mails, and silently smiled to myself. They all sounded almost the same with his cries of worry. I texted him back to left him know that I was safe and too lazy to go back to school so I'd be ditching for the day.

 

Unfortunately he called back and told me that he'd ditched too because I wasn't at school. "Meet me at dongdaemun" I texted as I got off the bus. Smiling at the paradise in front of me, I hopped to one of the handphone accessory store to get myself a new keychain. After getting myself a new Hello Kitty 3D keychain, I went window shopping, looking at all the nice clothes, accessories and jewelleries, imagining how I'd look like with them on. A pair of hands s from behind and covered my eyes as I rolled them. I turned around and sighed, "Myunggie-ah. Your tricks don't work anymore. Find some new ones" I winked as he blew air into his fringe.

 

We stopped by a ddukbokki store and decided to have a quick munch before heading off to wherever we're going. "Annyeong Ahjumma~" Myungsoo cooed. "Ahjumma! Two orders of ddukbokki and two odengs please~" I grinned at the ahjumma that I hadn't seen in a long long time. When I was younger I used to come here often with Myungsoo to eat ddukbokki. "Ahhh pretty girl and Myungsoo, how are the both of you?" She smiled back, revealing some wrinkles she'd gotten over the years while getting to our orders. I poked Myungsoo's cheek and smiled "Same-same~ How are you ahjumma?" She smiled while we held a little conversation with Myungsoo finding some seats for us. After our mini-catch-up, she handed me our orders and winked "You two look cute together~" I blushed as I shot back at her "Aigoo we're not in a relationship! We're just rea-" "Really really good friends huh? You don't change do you?" She ruffled my hair as I beamed back, thanking her for the food.