Butterflies

Only Look At Me

"Yah hurry up I need your help!!" I heard Daniel shout from a distance as I approached him at the park. I stopped in my tracks and glared at him, "If you're gonna be so pms-y might as well not ask me to go!!!" I scrunched my face in displeasure. He looked like he got a shock so he started to apologise and do his aegyo...which I had to give in to. Why, oh why am I so vulnerable in that sense.

 

As we walked down the street to the bus stop, he explained that he needed to get a gift for his mom because her birthday was coming and since we hadn't met in a while, he decided to call me out. As we walked, our hands brushed against each other. I can't say I didn't like it.. but Daniel seemed like he didn't notice what was going on between our hands when I took a side glance at him. I felt butterflies in my tummy while I cursed at myself for this familiar feeling to be back. It was the same feeling I felt towards that idiot who rejected me. I can't be falling for him, he's my best friend for crying out loud. I hid the feeling somewhere in myself and focused on the goal for today: get the perfect gift for his mom.

 

After a long ride on the bus, we finally reached Myeongdong. We stepped into many different stores but didn't feel that the stuff was appropriate for a middle-aged lady - they were all for youngsters. In the end we settled for a jewellery store. We childishly squabbled because he thought the designs I chose were tacky and I thought that the designs he chose were for grannies.

 

"No!!! This is what my granny wears! You will not buy this!"

"At least it's better than what you chose! I don't think my mom will wear something like that."

"Fine! Then why'd you ask me to help you in the first place?!"

 

I punched his arm, then folded my arms together to show my annoyance. VICTORY! He didn't have anything to say after that. He took the bracelet I chose away from me, and leaned towards me. "I'm not happy. Choose another one." I furrowed my eyebrows and when he realised I wasn't budging, he started moving closer. I felt my cheeks warm up as I mentally slapped myself. "Choose another one!" He childishly stomped and left to sit down on one of the chairs. After another 30 minutes of non-stop playful arguments, we decided on buying a necklace with an amethyst pendant for his mom.

 

Both feeling satisfied at what was picked out, we headed for a little snack. We walked towards a nearby café while he told me about how the hot chocolates in this café were the best. I nodded, told him to help me get a vanilla hot chocolate and went to one of the booths to wait for him. I tried to remember when I'd started feeling this way towards him, but to my disappointed I couldn't find an answer to my question. I looked over to where he was standing and coincidentally, he turned around and gave me a heart-stopping smile. I didn't know if I was getting delusional or not but all I knew was I found myself smiling back automatically. I realised what I was doing and turned my head towards the table, trying to shake off all of these thoughts.

 

He came back with our drinks and I thanked him for mine. After 5 minutes of chatting, he received a text message and told me he had to go because of some matters. I stopped myself before I could pout and we stepped out of the café, making our way towards the bus stop to get home. He went off first, winking at me and telling me we'd meet again while I mentally fangirl-ed again. I sat at the bus stop seat, so deep in thoughts that I didn't even realise 2 of my buses had gone off. Getting onto the 3rd one, I sighed a big one, hoping that this familiar feeling that I'd once felt would go away soon because I didn't need anymore hurt.

 

 

______________________

comments? :D and why amethyst..? I like the colour purple. /JUDGE MEEEE :P/ although HoGod isn't my bias in Infinite kekeke.