We meet again

Only Look At Me

Days passed by quickly with me ignoring Myungsoo. I had to admit, this tiny inch of my heart ached every time he called out to me. I grew scared at the thought of what he would say to me. I needed some time alone, some time to sort things out, some time to cleanse my mind. With my newly-bought skateboard in hand, I walked to the nearest store to grab a popsicle because the weather was outrageously hot. It was about a week to summer and it was already THIS hot, how could I survive summer?!

 

With the popsicle in my hand, I sat down on the road pavement. As flashbacks of what happened the last time I was sitting on the pavement, a smile unknowingly crept up to my face. Wondering where he could be, I on my ice-cold popsicle, taking in the chill relieving myself from the burning weather.

 

"And so, we meet again huh?" the familiar voice sounded. My eyes widened at the possibility of  who that was, but thinking that since he was from the other district, he wouldn't be here at all. Shrugging off the voice, I continued eating my popsicle.

 

"Are you ignoring me now?!?!" he snarled. I almost choked on my popsicle as I turned around facing him. Eyebrows knitted to form a unibrow, he was frowning at me. I had to laugh at the sight. I mean, who wouldn't? His facial expression relaxed and eventually formed his usual grin. Explaining how I thought he was a hallucination, he had the time of his life laughing at me. He was running an errand for his mom, and joked that my favourite place on Earth was most probably the road pavement. With that, he earned a smack on his head.

 

"Nice to meet you again Daniel" I smiled a sincere one. 

 

"Excuuuuuse me?! What did you just call me?" a look of disappointment swept past his face as he faked his anger. Realising what he meant by that, I feigned ignorance and gave him a look.

 

"Isn't your name Daniel? Or is it something else? It isn't right? I'm pretty sure I'm good with names..." I teased as I my imaginary beard. He huffed and looked away, clearly not wanting to meet eyes with me since he knew he'd burst out into laughter. He was a cheerful guy, how could he ever be angry? Poking his sides, I pouted and tugged on his sleeve. No one, and I mean no one could not give in to my almighty pout, I thought as I snickered in my mind. He turned around and for that one second I could bet that he was so close to giving in but he turned away in time. I stood up and squatted in front of him, forcing him to look at my pout. It was so obvious he was giving in since his expression were contradicting. Fake anger, then it softens, then fake anger again. He finally gave in and pinched my cheek, nagging about how much of a choding I was to pout for forgiveness.

 

We stood up and made our way to the park. He kept ogling at how cool my skateboard was, and continued about his childhood dream of getting a skateboard... it wasn't that expensive, he knew that right? I knew where this "story" was heading to.

 

"Yes Daniel, you can ride on my skateboard if you let me call you Daniel for today" I laughed. 

"Aww man you saw through me?! And a condition?!" he whined and I wondered who the real choding was. He gave in in the end, and I casted him a knowing look. I knew he couldn't let this opportunity of riding a skateboard slip. And as funny as that sounds, he almost fell once he stepped on the skateboard. Somebody's not too good at balancing~ Holding his arm to try to help him balance, he nagged about how he didn't need help at all. Psh, yeah right. The moment I let go of his arm, he started panicking and shouting for me to hold his arm. 

 

"You don't need help right? I mean.. you said you could manage.." a hint of playfulness in my tone appeared.

"Yah, this isn't funny, at the rate this is going I'm gonna crash into the sea" his voice and expressions were full of fear. Laughing, I jogged over to his side and helped him to balance.

 

"Honestly it's because you can't balance that's why you didn't buy a skateboard right?" He flushed red and admitted, saying how good I was at looking through people's thoughts. 

 

A pang of sadness overcame me as I thought about what he said. No, I wasn't good at looking through people's thoughts. If I was, I wouldn't have foolishly confessed if I didn't have confidence that I was going to be accepted to be his girlfriend. (Refer to the one-shot if you don't know who "his" is referring to) My mind drifted off to think about what we could be. What we could do together. How blissful we'd be together. But then again, who would accept a girl like me? I felt like there was another knife plunging through my heart as I thought further to Myungsoo. What was I going to do with him? So many questions, so little time. My thoughts were interrupted by a hand that waved in front of my face. I didn't even know Daniel had gotten off the skateboard, much less have a worried expression as he asked me if I was alright. Easing his curiousity, I faked a smile and told him it was nothing.

 

"You don't have to fake a smile you know... You look better with a genuine smile on, but in this case, a frown, or even tears. Don't fake a smile for others. Smile for yourself." Daniel said as he put on a soft and concerned smile on his face.

 

 

______________________________________________

 

A/N: HI EVERYONE ~ keke. a second update cuz I love my subscribers! Thanks so much for reading, it means a lot to me T-T I bet you guys couldn't guess it was Daniel huh :P Yes! Daniel Chae from Dalmatian! Any Dalmates here? I'm psyched for their comeback, can't wait!!! PPYONG