I'd missed you

Only Look At Me

The silence was overwhelming. So many things were passing by my mind as we were walking towards the direction of my home. Daniel was itching to say something, but he just kept quiet. The atmosphere was tense and the hot weather was making everything worse. Finally he broke the silence... by poking me and calling me 'yah'.... oookay. Turning to him with a blank expression on, I met with his smiling face. His smile grew as the thoughts in his mind led him somewhere. Grabbing my hand, he ran and I was forced to run too. We soon arrived at our destination -- the beach.

 

"Shout! Shout all you want and you'll feel better! Experienced person here!!" he shouted as he ran metres away from me. A gentle smile crept it's way up my face as the chill breeze hit against my skin. Seconds later I was screaming my head off. The first scream made me happy. I could relieve my stress now. The second scream was mood-changing. The third scream was anger. The fourth scream was disappointment. By the time I reached the fifth scream, I was already crying. Everything from inside of me came unleashing itself. A... mood-filled explosion?

 

I continued to cry while I breathlessly scream, that's when I felt a pair of strongs arms wrap around me. "It's alright, everything's fine now."

 

Although I've only met Daniel for the second time, it felt like I've known him for years. How could he read me like a book? This boy here is really something... After leaving the beach, we went to an ice-cream parlor. Beaming down at me, he asked me what I wanted. I told him that as long as it isn't anything near melons or honeydew it was fine. He popped up in front of me with the ice-cream minutes later while I was staring into blank space, thinking about nothing. Nothing at all. Looking at his grin, I couldn't help but smile too.

 

I was cheered up by Daniel's endless chattering of random things like how he thought singing and dancing were so cool, about how coke should be made into an ice-cream, about how textbooks should be converted into digital ones that we could carry in laptops and more endless stuff. Sometimes I wonder how he's able to talk so much... We started making our way home, but of course he insisted on bringing me home because it's 'not safe'. Blowing air into my bangs, I could only agree. Our way back home was nice and calm, just enjoy and taking in our surroundings, thinking about how Korea is so beautiful.

 

"Oh. You have a visitor.. Should I go now?" I was brought back from my world of thoughts to the situation now. What was he talking about? Visitor..? I turned around and was greeted by the back of Myungsoo. What was he doing here? Before I could tell Daniel that he could go, Myungsoo turned around. His eyes travelled from me to Daniel, scanning him from head to toe. Sensing the awkwardness, Daniel turned to me and whispered in my ear, "Oppa has to go, see you around!" Sending a wink, he sprinted off. Cautiously approaching the "visitor", I noticed he had my baby in his left hand.

 

"Hey" his sweet voice sent chills down my spine, oh how I missed my best friend's voice.

"You left this at my place the other day..." he continued as we both looked at our feet and he held out my skateboard.

"Uhh.. Yeah thanks.. See you around" I took my skateboard and started to make my way around him to get into my house.

 

He held my wrist as he whispered a wait. How did we end up like this... With sad eyes that locked onto mine, he muttered a sorry and turned to hug me. This pair of strong and secure arms, I've missed them. The times they were here for me, was uncountable. That's when it hit me -- how much I'd missed Myungsoo. I wrapped my arms around him as I took reminisce the past, before things got so messy.

 

"Please.. Don't ignore me. I'm sorry, let's just pretend nothing happened alright? I'd missed you best friend." Not so sure why, I felt my heart ache a little. But I'm sure of one thing. I'd missed my best friend too.