Chapter 2

Flight of the Phoenix

Celestia's POV:

 

    As I walk back to where Xavier is waiting for me in the crowd I get the strangest sensation like someone is watching what I do. I stop to get a good look at my surroundings but notice nothing wrong. But that feeling is still there like something is about to happen.

 

    "Hey. Xav, did you have a feeling that something is gonna go wrong?"

 

    "You noticed it too? Why do think we were sent out here? I also got a call about saying that someone is about to go through the change here. All of our family has the other half of their heart already. The only one who doesn't yet is you and by the age of sixteen you should have already had premonitions of your soulmate already. Yet you haven't. I'm getting very worried."

 

    That's the thing about me and my family. We're different than other people. We're a human hybrid species. We can shape shift into different species. There is one that isn't very common anymore. And they are the Phoenix. Every one thousand years two are born. One male and one female. I am the female. I have developed my powers even before my siblings have. I got mine at age five while they got theirs at age eleven. I have known since then who my other half is. And he's famous. I just don't know exactly who he is yet. I have the feeling that he is here. That is why I wanted to come today.

 

    As I was about to say something BTS walks onto the stage at the same time. They introduced themselves and said the songs for which they are going to sing. When it got halfway through the third song I got a really bad feeling that something is getting ready to happen. Right when the chill went down my spine was when the enemy attacked. They landed on the stage and caused an uproar. They headed straight for V, the one who was singing at the same time. Both me and my brother headed for them to help protect the group.

 

V's POV:

 

    We were getting ready to sing We Are Bulletproof Pt.2 when I got the same feeling as I had earlier before we came on stage. We started singing and I thought nothing was going to happen until I started singing. Right at the same time people jumped down from the rafters and surrounded us. I knew something was wrong even before I looked to the crowd and saw two people running towards us.

 

    We're screwed. They brought in reinforcement. That was my thought until I saw them jump onto the stage to help protect us.

 

    My gaze was drawn onto the woman though. She was outnumbered one to ten but she was steadily taking them down until more piled onto her. I wanted to help her until something spectacular happened. My body started to recognize her as something special to me but I don't know what though. Then I burst into flames. I vaguely hear Rap Mon say to cover me but I don't understand what is happening to me.

 

    I look at my surroundings to find myself being held down by my members and seeing that the fighting has become even more rough than before. The last thing I remember is the fighting ending and the other two coming towards us before I out.

 

~§~

 

    I wake up to see a very pretty face above me. I slowly start to remember that she helped the one guy out to protect us. I feel that my head is cold and try to see what it is but her hand stops me. Then I feel the weirdest sensation ever. It was like a lightning bolt went through my system when I feel a burning sensation on my back between my shoulder blades. I hiss in pain and try to sit up but she holds me down. I look at her.

 

    "You'll be okay. Your body is going through the transformation. It'll hurt at first but it will go away in about 30 minutes."

 

    "How do you know this. And how did they know this was going to happen to me?"

 

    "It seems to me that they were in charge of protecting you should this happen. They are also hybrids. Humans who can change into animals. They are leopards though. You are the Phoenix. The legendary one that appears only 1,000 years after their gender dies. They are said to be the most powerful out of all the hybrids. You are now the male Phoenix."

 

    "How do you know so much about all of this stuff?" I ask.

 

    "Because I know what you are going through. As you probably have noticed no one else is in here but you and me. The reason is because I am the other Phoenix. I had to go through all of this alone. I didn't want the same thing for you. The bad thing is is that none of my family know what I am. I don't know what they would say if they ever found out about it. It seems the other members knew what you were. That is why they protected you instead of running to attack."

 

    "How did they know what I was when I didn't even know what I was?"

 

    "My guess is that they were told by someone to watch over you or were destined to. But somehow your power were restrained until just now. Why? I don't know. Somehow someone somewhere knew who you were gonna be so they hid your true self and made sure they didn't come out until a certain. That is what I think. We shall start your training when you feel like it. But it has to be soon. But not right now."

 

    "Why can't we start right now?"

 

    "Because the other members are getting your extra clothes because when you went up in flames your clothes burned up and turned to ash."

 

    "Are you saying that I have no clothes on right now?"

 

    "Yes. But you have a blanket on covering yourself. I suggest you sleep because the first time shifting always drains your energy."

 

    "Okay."