Chapter 14

Flight of the Phoenix

The next day:

 

    As they were bringing out the cake for Mina everyone gathered around. I was behind her with Xavier, Lillian, and Joey. Off to the side was V. He was only here because I brought him here. We had cousins and parents and even grandparents were here for Mina's birthday. As the cake was put on the table we all started singing Happy Birthday. When the song was over she blew out her candles and we started to divide the cake after the candles we're all taken out.

 

    "What'd you wish for sweetie?" asked Xavier when he knelt down by Mina.

 

    "It wasn't for me or for our family. But for Celestia," she said.

 

    "Why?" said her mom.

 

    "I want her to have what we do."

 

    "And that is?"

 

    "A family. She needs to know what it's like to have one of her own."

 

    We could all just stand there dumbstruck by what she just said. V had just walked up to us when she said that. He also froze at that. The four of just stared at each other because we all knew it wouldn't be long before her wish became true.

 

    "Well. We just need to wait and see what happens. You never know. It could be sooner than what you would expect," I said.

 

    "What do you mean?" Mina asked.

 

    "You said you hope I can have the feeling of a family sometime. Think about it. Your wish will come sooner than you expected."

 

    That last part I had whispered in her ear. I didn't want anyone to overhear and I wanted it to be between the two of us since it was her wish. She squealed in happiness when she figured out what I had intended by that. Everyone looked over to see a happy expression on her face and they all smiled at it. She has a very infectious smile just like her mother.

 

    Just then we all heard voices coming near and we went quiet. When we saw them come around the trees I let out the breath I was holding in. It was just the rest of the BTS members. It seems me the others gathered around knew who they were so they just continued on with what they were doing previously. V and I got up from our seats and walk over to them. Before I could tell something was wrong with them, they changed appearances into the guys from VIXX. I was grabbed by Ken, Leo, and Ravi. V was grabbed by Hongbin and Hyuk. N was nowhere to be seen.

 

    Everyone dropped what they were doing to stand in frozen, stunned silence. I don't know why I was held by more people but I have a suspicion. I believe it is because i am the stronger out of us two.

 

    "Does anyone else here know his to fight other than me and Celestia?" Xavier asked to everyone. The bad thing is is that they all shook their heads.

 

    I was shocked at first. I wasn’t expecting it to be the members of VIXX posing as the other members of BTS. Had I known this was going to happen I would've prevented them from getting a hold of me. I would have fought them but I was in a position where they had me immobile. They turned towards someone who was standing in the shadows and that was when I saw N. He walked forwards with a knife in his hands.

 

    "I will kill these two were they stand. They don't belong in this world," he said when he stopped in front of us.

 

    He said that loud enough so that everyone could hear him. They all covered their faces with their hands because they couldn't believe what he had just said. I looked around at everyone and that was when I heard a voice in my head.

 

    We won't let anyone hurt you. That was what it said before the next part totally stunned me. Neither you nor father, mother. We are the Phoenix children and we need to live.

 

    When that last thing was said I felt a burning sensation spread through mp the bottom of my stomach and spread until flames had me and V surrounded. The people who held the both of us couldn't stand the heat, so they let go of us. V ran towards me and made sure I was okay.

 

    "They didn't hurt you did they?" he asked.

 

    In shook my head no at his question. The flames had pulled in around us to keep the others out.

 
_______________________________________
 
I don't proof read so sorry for any typos in this story and any of my other ones.