Chapter 12

Flight of the Phoenix

The next day:

 

    I wake up to see that Celestia is still asleep on top of me. She must have moved because the shirt rode up to show her stomach. I went to move the shirt down and when my hand brushed across her stomach. It wasn't flat like you would expect since she is always working out someway but it had a slight bump. I move to wake her up but just then she wakes up on her own.

 

    "Hey. What time is it?" she asks.

 

    I look over at the clock and see that it is ten in the morning. We had slept in longer than we usually do.

 

    "Don't freak out, but it's ten in the morning."

 

    "What. We are behind schedule. We need to get going now."

 

    "Wait."

 

    "Why?"

 

    "I want to see something."

 

    Before she has time to answer I drag her off the couch and into the bedroom that we have been sharing together. I bring her in front of the mirror behind the door.

 

    "What are the symptoms that you have been having?"

 

    "Morning sickness, some mood swings, eating a lot more and sleeping a lot more than usual. Why do you want to know?"

 

    "What do those symptoms usually mean?"

 

    "Usually a pregnancy. But it can't be that. Can it?"

 

    "This morning I woke up to find that the shirt had rode up and I went to go pull it down. Then my hand brushed your stomach. Why don't you see what I mean."

 

    She looks at me suspiciously but walks to the mirror anyways. At first it looks like she gained weight but the symptoms say another thing.  She walks away from the mirror and goes into the bathroom. I follow after her to see her searching through the cabinet for something. She turned around with a box in her hand but before I could get a clear view of what it was, she pushed me out the door. By the time I was about to ask what she was doing she walked out with a very shocked expression on her face.

 

    "I don't know how this is possible considering what I am but I'm pregnant. I literally don't know how I'm able to carry a child but I am. I don't know what to think."

 

    "Neither do I. But I believe we can figure this out."

 

    "There's also another thing to consider. Only people who are mated can have children. My brother will figure out who I am because he knows who you are. You are also the only person I have been near these past few months. He will figure it out. I need to tell him and everyone else sometime soon. But I will start off with him first."

 

    "And I will support every step of the way."

 
____________________________
 
sorry for the short update. the section was a small one.