Chapter 13

Flight of the Phoenix

Four weeks later

 

Celestia's POV:

 

    As we were talking about what to do for Mina's birthday the next day, I pulled Xavier from the room and out of the house. I had finally gained some courage to tell him what I have been keeping from him. I led him to the woods behind his house and pulled him to a stop when we were far enough away that nobody would be able to hear what I was about to say to him. I turned and faced him and saw V heading towards us. He look like he was outside taking a breather but when he got close enough to us I pulled him into the trees. I walked back towards my brother and took a deep breath.

 

    "Are you wondering why I pulled you out here?" I ask.

 

    "Yes. We were working on the party when you just pulled me away. And why is he here?" Xavier asked as he pointed at V.

 

    "What I am about to say includes him."

 

    "Why are you so nervous? You're never nervous."

 

    "I don't know how to say this."

 

    "Just say it. It can't be that bad."

 

    "Okay. I'm pregnant."

 

    "What? How does this include him? He's the male Phoenix. How? Only mates -- wait."

 

    As soon as he said that he moved closer and moved the hair covering my right eye. His eyes widened and I expected the worst but the one thing I wasn't expecting he did. He gave me a hug. I froze before I hugged him back.

 

    "Why didn't you tell me? I would have helped you through it all."

 

    "I didn't know now you would react. Now. What do you think about what I just told you?"

 

    "I wanna know how far you are. So that I can be other for you to help. And you. You have to be there for the kid when it is born," he said towards V.

 

    "Of course. I will always be there for her and the child. Now I think she should tell you something," said V.

 

    "I am 16 weeks along. I did the math a while ago. Xavier, you know how some women have premonitions about their children, right?"

 

    "Yeah. Lillian had one with Joey when she was pregnant with him. Why?"

 

    I just smiled and held up two fingers. I watched their reactions and I noticed when Xavier got it because he smiled and turned his head. V got it after a little while. I put my hand down and watched the two of them. V was shocked and Xavier looked like he was about to laugh.

 

    "Twins," said V.

 

    "Yeah."

 

    "Ah. This will be funny. Some people think twins are even more difficult to handle. I will let you two talk about this," said Xavier.

 

    Before he could leave we were discovered by his wife Lillian. She is a beautiful woman woman with light brown hair and blue eyes. She has a lovely smile and can light up an entire room with it.

 

    "I don't know what is going on back here but we need the two of you. Well three people is actually better than two. And did I hear something about twins?"

 

    "Did you come near at that point?" I asked her.

 

    "Yes. I could also tell because he was helping you with a few of the heavier supplies. I also know you guys are the Phoenix clan. I promise I won't say anything though."

 

    She walked away at that point and I could tell she knew. How, I don't know. But she did. We headed back to the house so that we could finish preparations for the birthday party.

 
____________________
 
HIIII... I have school so updates might be a little late in coming.