Chapter 9

Flight of the Phoenix

Celestia's POV:

 

    I had walked away and started making some food for the both of us when the showed started up. For some reasons I can't even comprehend, my mind started to play some images of him in the shower. I shook my head and got back to work hoping it would clear my head.

 

    I had just started putting the food on the table when the shower shut off and he walks scout o get some extra clothes to wear. I had a view of a nice body before he walked into his room and closed the door. I was frozen for a few seconds before I remembered to grab the silverware and lay them out.

 

    I had just returned back from the kitchen with my silverware and a drink when he appeared in the kitchen wearing jeans and a T-shirt.

 

    "This smells really good. Do you have anything to drink?"

 

    "Yeah. I have coke and water plus juice for in the morning. They're all in the fridge."

 

    He went back into the kitchen and came back with a coke. We both sat down at the table and started eating the food that I had made. Afterwards I mentioned that I was going to go and take a shower. I went into my bedroom to grab my clothes that I wanted to wear until I had to change into pajamas. I headed towards the bathroom which was the door next to mine.

 

    I had just entered the bathroom when I heard a crash from the living room. I tore out of the bathroom to find V sprawled out across the floor.

 

    "What happened in here?" I asked.

 

    "Um. I was looking around and ran into the table and fell over it before I could catch myself," he explained sheepishly.

 

    "At least there was nothing valuable on the table. You're not hurt are you?"

 

    "No. I'm just fine. Can you help me up though. I don't want to accidentally break anything."

 

    I helped him up and made sure he didn't break anything else before I headed back to take my shower. As I was in the shower I kept on thinking over what had happened in the past week. I still couldn't get my head to wrap around the fact that my mate was with me in my house.

 

    I finished my shower and turned the water off. I grabbed my towel off the rack and wrapped it around myself. I stepped out and dried my hair with the blow dryer. It wasn't mostly dry but dry enough. I dressed myself in my underwear and pulled on my jeans and tank with a cropped shirt over it with one boulder base. I hung my towel on the rack and walked out of the bathroom.

 

    "I don't know if this is true or not but why do girls take so freaking long?"

 

    "I have to make sure I don't smell. And I have a lot more hair in my head and I have to make sure that I get all the shampoo out."

 

    "Fine. You win. Now what do you want to do today?"

 

    "Since we've been walking all day why don't we take the day off. We can do whatever we like. We could just sit and talk if you like."

 

    "I really don't know what I want to do. Careful there!"

 

    I hadn't noticed where I was walking because I was focused on getting the rest of my hair dry and tripped over the rug. He caught me just in time before I hit the floor. I was pressed right up against him with my arms around his neck. He was on one knee with the other supporting my weight. He leaned in to kiss me when I heard a knock at my door. V helped me up so I could see who was there. Outside was my nephew Joey. I opened the door to let him inside. I shut the door after him.

 

    "Hi. Now why are you here without your father?"

 

    "I asked if I could come by myself to come and see you. I wanted to know if you were all right."

 

    I bent down and gave him a hug and said, "I'm just fine. Thank you for asking. You walked a long way here. Do you want something to drink?"

 

    "Yes. Do you have any grape juice?"

 

    "I believe I might have some."

 

    I led him into the kitchen and told him to wait for me in the doorway. I went  over to the fridge and opened the door. I moved a few things and found the juice that he wanted. I set it out on the counter and closed the fridge door. I moved over to where I stock my cups and found one of the plastic cups I keep for my brothers kids when they come over to visit. I filled the cup and went back over to Joey and handed it to him. I then directed him into the living room so that we can talk about whatever.

 

    "I have a question," asked Joey.

 

    "Go ahead. Ask away."

 

    "Who's he?" Joey said as he pointed to V.

 

    "He's someone I have to train because he didn't know what or who he was exactly."

 

    "I heard father say that the male Phoenix has been discovered and has heavy protection around him."

 

    "Well. Now isn't that something. I don't know exactly who is protecting him but he is in very goods hands from what I understand."

 

    "Good. Now I have another question. Why is your hair different?"

 

    I pause because I didn't expect that question. I come up with an answer quickly though and say, "Something happened on the way here and it was permanently changed. I don't think I can redo it if I wanted to. Now why do you ask?"

 

    "Because it looks very good on you."

 

    We talked for a little while longer before I sent him back home to his parents so that they don't think nothing be happened to him. I had just shut the door when I saw an arm appear suddenly by my head. I turn around to find V standing there almost up against me. He puts his other arm on the other side of my head and leans in next to my ear.

 

    "Why don't we continue what we didn't get to finish earlier before he showed up," he whispered in my ear.

 

    He almost didn't get to finish before I pulled him up against my body and pressed my lips to his. His hands moved to each side of my face while I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pressed me right up against the door and my thought process scattered.