Chapter 4

Flight of the Phoenix

Later That Day

 

V's POV:

 

    As I was packing clothes that would seem right for the trip I got a sudden chill running down my spine before someone grabbed me from behind and put a cloth over my face. I tried to pry their hand away but I started to feel very faint. The last thing I remember seeing is them check my phone and put some kind of number into it.

 

~§~

 

    I wake up to find myself tried to a chair but I can't see anything around me. Then I find out I am blindfolded. Someone grabs my hair from behind and yanks my head up. It seems that they are putting something up and before they do whatever it is that they're doing they yank the blindfold off of my face.

 

    "Ready him."

 

    That's what I hear before they turn my head roughly to what seems is a camera. As they do some things with it they come over to me with a bar. I look at my surroundings to see a metal structure of some sorts. As they untie me and move my arms I notice they did something to me that makes my body very lethargic. They tied my hands up above me to the pole the hold me there.

 

    One of the men went off to the side towards a table while another started tying my feet to the sides of the contraption. As soon as he was done he grabbed a cloth from his back pocket and put it in my mouth as a gag to keep me from speaking.

 

    "We need to keep them from here if they find out where we are."

    

    "They better not find out that the street we are on is really close to where they are stationed at for right now."

 

    "They can't know that we are at Valley Forge Lake near Noblesville, Indiana."

 

    I widened my eyes at that last part. I started to formulate a plan in my head as they kept talking. In tried to get my hands untied but had no success with it. As they got done talking they folded the papers they had out and stored them someplace else. They walked over to the camera except for one. He walked over to me with a baton. I saw a red light come on on the camera and the guy beside me started talking.

 

    "If you decide to try and find us then this is what is going to happen to pretty boy right here. If you do happen to find us, let's just say this. You probably won't be able to recognize him once we're done."

 

    The whole time that he was talking I was looking at my hands and subtly making the letters to where they have hid me at. I was in the middle of the word Noblesville when all the sudden they hit me with the baton. When I felt it it hurt like hell. I wanted to scream but the gag made me hold it in so I grabbed the ropes holding me to the beam above me and gripped it tight.

 

    Before the pain even had any time to go away he hit me another time. By the time he was done I was bloody and covered in sweat from holding tightly onto the ropes. I was breathing heavily and I didn't know when they were going to start hitting me again.