Chapter 11

Flight of the Phoenix

Three months later

 

V's POV:

 

    We had just come inside from a hard day of teaching me how to control the fire inside of me when Celestia ran towards the bathroom. I hurried after her to grab her hair just in time before she threw up. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now but she hasn't been acting sick at all. I had suggested for her to see a doctor but she didn't want to. She just said that it would pass in time. It hasn't so far. She finished and washed and went to go lay in bed. I stayed with her to make sure moving bad happened. She had just sat down on the bed when I heard a knock at the door.

 

    "I'll go and get it."

 

    She nodded towards me before laying down and going to sleep. I made sure she was fully under and comfortable before I went to see who was at the door. Just our luck. It was her brother.

 

    "Wow. You are covered in sweat. I guess my sister has been working you very hard."

 

    "Yes. She's been working me hard. Now what are you here for?"

 

    "I was expecting to see Celestial, but where is she?"

 

    "She's busy right now. You can tell me what it is though and I'll get it to her."

 

    "Well, I just wanted to say that the family was getting together for Mina's birthday and we were wondering if she was going to be there."

 

    "When is this?"

 

    "Next month."

 

    "I'll get it to her the next time I see her."

 

    By the time I finished that he had started walking down the walkway and waved back at me goodbye. I closed the door and went back inside to check up on Celestia. She was still asleep and I didn't want to wake her just yet. I went into the kitchen to grab me something to drink and went into the living room with a book I picked out from her collection.

 

    It seemed like I had just started reading when she walked out of the bedroom and over to me. She stopped in front of me and I pulled her into my lap. At some point she had switched her clothes to one of my t-shirts that was too big on her. I put my book on the side table and held her close for a while until she broke the silence.

 

    "Who was it at the door a while ago and what did they want?"

 

    "It was your brother saying that the family was coming next month for Mina's birthday and was wondering if you were gonna be there."

 

    "Of course I'm gonna be there. It's my niece's birthday. I wouldn't miss it for nothing."

 

    "I can tell just from your tone that you would be a great mother one day."

 

    "I have been told that many times in the past."

 

    "It sounds like there's a but in there. What are you not saying?"

 

    "I was doing some research when I was younger about the Phoenix clan and I discovered something."

 

    "And?"

 

    "The women would have a hard time having children. When they did get pregnant they would have a miscarriage or the child would be stillborn. When a child was born alive it was cherished by the whole village and even the royal family."

 

    "Really. Considering we're the last two remaining of the Phoenix clan it would be hard for us to have children should we want any."

 

    "Yeah. Another thing is that every time the Phoenix clan was reincarnated ere was never any children born. The parents were told that they couldn't have any kids."

 

    "That is not something you want to hear. Even if you knew it, it is not something nice to say to someone."

 

    "I know. This is why I have always been there for my brothers kids when he wasn't there for them. I was always someone they could rely on. I wanted to be there for them. That is why people said that I would be a good mother one day. But I knew that would probably never happen. So I just helped my brother with his children."

 

    I didn't have anything to say but I just held her even closer than before. Before long she falls asleep again. She has been very tired a lot lately so I always try to do my best in the training sessions so that she can to to sleep early. I start to think things that had happened in the past month about what could be wrong with her. I come up with a few things but they didn't seem to fit. By that time I started to feel tired also and before long I fall asleep.

_________________________
 
hey sorry if you catch the name Celestial at times. I was writing this on my tablet and it corrected that from when I had meant to write Celestia.