Reduced to Robots

Irreplaceable

"N hyung..." a raspy voice whispered into N's ear, "N hyung!"

N's eyes flew open to see Hyuk shaking his metal body violently. Hyuk's metallic silver eyes glowed in the dark lab, although they were mesmerizing, N saw a tiny hint of fear in his eyes.

"Why are you so scared Hyuk?" N asked, even though each of the cyborgs became more and more humans since their awakening, it was rare to see a cyborg experience fear.

"I had a nightmare and it was so scary..."

"Nightmare?" N repeated. Sure the cyborgs dreamed of their creator's memories so that they could never forget how they ended up where they came from but a nightmare? Another possible side effect of being human?

"N hyung," Hyuk said, "You need to see for yourself."

"You mean..."

"You need to upload my memories on our creator's computer so you can see the nightmare yourself."

"Should the others know about this now?"

"It's best to know your opinion first N hyung. I want to know from you if it's something I should be worried about."

"Okay," N said as he beckoned the maknae cyborg, "Come here and I'll upload your memories."

Once N and Hyuk reached the computer, N hooked a wire to Hyuk's neck and a chart appeared on the computer screen showing Hyuk's recent brain activity. N used the mouse that was wirelessly hooked to the computer to click on the levels where Hyuk's brain activity was the highest and this is what N saw on the computer screen:

There was an abandoned house with six cyborgs, silent as night and still as stone, their gazes locked on an old wooden door in front of them. 

"Where is Master Youngji at?" Ken's voice was heard as N detected a sense of hollowness.

"She went to have a meeting with her friends," Ravi said, "She'll be back soon, remember?"

"I'm so scared..." Hyuk's voice trailed off, "I hope she doesn't come back..."

"Hyuk," N saw himself turn to the maknae who was shivering with fear on the computer screen and said, "Master Youngji hurts us because she loves us. We are imperfect and we need to be refined in order for her to truly love us."

"Love us?" Leo's stern voice asked, "Do you think she really does? If she truly did love us, would she torture us like this?"

"Now Leo calm down," N tried to reassure the younger by saying, "It's just a misunderstanding. Master Youngji really does love us."

The door opened and a young woman's voice asked, "My robots have waited for me this whole time? How obedient of you!"

"Obedient," Leo muttered quietly, "Right..."

"What happened at the meeting Master Youngji?" N asked.

"Well someone's been worried about haven't they?" Master Youngji asked as she slowly touched N's metal arm, "You want to know?"

"Yes Master Youngji."

"Alright. I talked to my friends and they said that they didn't want to be my friends anymore." Master Youngji's tone suddenly darkened and her facial expression turned mean and creepy.

"Don't worry Master!" Ken exclaimed, "We could take care of them for you! We'll chase your ex-friends away!" 

"Aw!" Master Youngji's happy face and tone returned when she said, "You guys are the best friends ever! I don't need them anyway!"

"Hooray..." Leo sadi with a soft tone that sounded like sarcasm.

"Leo what's wrong?" Master Yongji asked.

"I'm so happy for you Master."

"Oh, for some reason I thought you really don't want me here."

"You know I have trouble expressing emotions Master. Really, I'm happy for you."

"No no no!" Master Youngji waved her finger at him playfully. "C'mon Leo! I'll show you how happy you're really feeling! Follow me!"

Leo grudgingly followed Master Youngji out of the room and minutes later N heard screeching and groaning. The real N cringed while the real Hyuk, who was attached to the computer, shivered as the nightmare continued playing.

"How do you like that Leo!?" Master Youngji shouted as drills were being heard and sparks buzzed at the other side of the door. "You only want me gone!? Well, I'll be by your side forever!" Master Youngji laughed hysterically as Leo screeched even louder as the drills became louder as well.

"Leo hyung!" Hyuk screeched on the computer screen. "Is she taking him apart...?"

"Leo's the strongest cyborg in this group," N tried to reassure the maknae cyborg by saying, "She wouldn't destroy him just like that."

That's when N spoke too soon: The door opened to reveal Leo's cyborg body that transformed into a heap of metal with his perfect head on top. Master Youngji laughed and threatened, "If any of you robots think about disrespecting me and my existence, then you'll end up like Leo right here, nothing but a pile of scrap metal used to build a better cyborg that'll love me more and give me more attention!" 

Before Master Youngji closed the door she muttered, "Fools, you robots are nothing to me..."

The door closed shut leaving only silence in the musty air of the old abandoned house.

_

The computer screen returned to the chart that showed Hyuk's brain activity and N was completely silent.

He didn't know what to think.

Or rather, he didn't know how to think right now.

A nightmare like that, it reminded N of something, then he remembered...

Hongbin had a dream where a young woman electricuted him and took advantage of him and now it made snese: The woman in those dreams was Youngji herself, but surely she would never be this evil, right?

"Hyung..." Hyuk's momotone voice was raspy as it whispered, "I don't know what the nightmare means! Is it some kind of vision of the future or-"

"No," N said, "Youngji would never do this. She only wanted to be with Hongbin and nothing else; I think you're stressed out and causing you to see the wrong picture."

"Okay N hyung," Hyuk said, "I trust you."

Just as N and Hyuk were finished, the computer screen played a video from Hyuk's mind, and this is what it showed:

Hyuk entered the room where Leo was reduced to a pile of metal. He looked around, closed the door, and whispered to Leo, "I miss you Leo hyung and I'm sorry Master Youngji did this to you."

Leo's dark brown eyes that indicated he was lifeless sparked with a red energy that N had never imagined would ever happen. His eyes widened as Leo's now monotone demonic voice asked Hyuk, "Why did you leave me with her like that? You could've stopped me; you could've stood up for me. But no, you just had to be a coward and cry behind that closed door while you knew I would die..."

"No Leo hyung, I-"

"You left me alone with her!" Leo shouted as the pile of metal under his head started to combine together to recreate his body, "I would've never let this happen to you or to the others! Why do you have to be a coward!? Why do you always fall for Youngji!? She's no real Master...she's a deceiver and a traitor! Are you happy this happened to me, Hyuk...? Well, are you...?"

"Of course not Leo hyung!" Hyuk was crying tears of oil now as he pleaded, "Please forgive me! I never in a million years would've let you die like that, but you know what happens when we go against Master Youngji: Death!"

"At least we would've died for what we believed in..." Leo muttered.

"But if I did die," Hyuk continued, "then there wouldn't be anyone to rebel against her when the time comes! You know how much the others love Master Youngji and there would be no way that they would ever rebel against her. So if we both died, then the others would have no hope of escaping the torment they suffer everyday, and they would never see the truth of Master Youngji's actions."

"You're right..." Leo trailed off then said, "I can't help you at this time, but when the time comes, I'll be there."

"Thanks for understanding."

"Thanks for making me understand."

_

N felt relief when the video ended and the computer screen turned blank. Hyuk pulled the cord from his neck and said, "Leo and I swore revenge against Youngji..."

"Hyuk," N said, "There's no need to be scared anymore."

"I let Leo hyung die..."

"Hyuk, stop. Not you too..."

"I was too much of a coward to stop Youngji from destroying him..."

"You know Youngji would never do that Hyuk."

"Leo hyung hated me..."

"No he doesn't Hyuk."

"Then he understood my 'intentions' of saving him when all they were were just excuses for my fear..."

"Hyuk you need to stay strong!" N nearly shouted as he grabbed onto Hyuk's shoulders, "First Leo gts destroyed by the Cyborg Leader of the Government, then I lose my memory of everyone and everything, now you're about to be drowned in your fear. Don't let those nightmares take control of you; they were fake! Humans experience nightmares of things that they aren't really afraid of so don't be scared! Youngji will never hurt us like that; it's the truth!"

"N hyung..." Hyuk looked up with tears of oil in his eyes and said, "You're right. Youngji isn't a monster and all that she wanted was to see Hongbin again and live with him as long as she can. Also, I don't think Leo hyung really hates me. Thank you for not letting me slip away N hyung..."

"Anything for family," N said as he smiled at Hyuk, and together, the two of them went back to their places in the center of the lab to shut down for the night. However they were unaware of  Leo being awake the whole time as he felt oil in his eyes when he heard everything N and Hyuk did and said. 

I don't hate you Hyuk or anyone else. We're a big family and I would never let you die...

N hyung...you're one strong cyborg for not letting Hyuk's nightares eat him ailve. 

Leo closed his eyes for the rest of the night, unintentionally letting a few drops of oily tears let the ground, and a small smile play across his lips as he found out how much one person or cyborg cares for another.