The Great Escape

Irreplaceable

"What happened when I was...you know...dead?" Leo asked.

"Apparently the cyborg leader of the corrupted Government wanted a cyborg that was capable of feeling human emotions and was willing to protect its master from harm's way," Ravi explained, "So he wanted to use Leo as his own personal bodyguard because he 'wanted a friend' and someone to remind him that 'he isn't alone' and all that crazy stuff."

"Why would the leader of the Government need a friend when he has all the power and money?"

"Exactly. I'm guessing he was trying to play with our emotions so that he could get what he wanted because I sensed no emotion when he tried to take your body away."

"What was he trying to do with my body?" Leo asked, his blank face not hiding the curiousity in his tone and eyes.

"He wanted to take the remaining emotions from your mind so he could create his perfect cyborg which was going to be you," Ravi continued, "That was until the rest of the cyborgs saved you along with our creator right here."

Leo turned his head to Hongbin who looked proudly at his second made cyborg. Leo hugged Hongbin and after a slight hesitation Hongbin hugged Leo back in return. 

"I know that we're all happy for Leo to be revived," Hongbin said, "But we need to get out of this place first." He pointed towards the back of the warehouse and said, "There's a secret exit that only the cyborg leader of the Government knows about so the others that are hunting us down won't look for us there."

"How do you know this Hongbin?" N asked. He wanted answers on how Hongbin knows about this place and what the cyborgs here are used for.

"Because..." Hongbin trailed off then said, "I used to work here over 100 years ago before I became a cyborg myself."

"Then what happened?" Hyuk asked, who seemed a little too eager to know about the whole story.

"Can't talk," Hongbin cut the maknae cyborg off, "We need to get out of here before it's too late. Follow me everyone!"

The group followed Hongbin as he ran all the way to the end of the warehouse. N noticed that the warehouse was quiet, too quiet in fact. He couldn't help but feel as if something worse was about to happen. He followed his creator without a word and noticed tiny crevices that made up a rectangle on a wall. 

"Here it is. The secret door that blends in with the wall. Now if I push on it..."

Hongbin slowly pushed on the hidden door and soon there was a gap for two people to fit in at the same time. Columns of two rushed into the gap and Hongbin closed the door behind him while N looked at the barren land and thought of freedom.

"Follow me, again!" Hongbin shouted and the group once again floored it with as much energy and speed each perso was capable of. Once they reached a decent space away from the Government building, they all stopped and the humans panted with tiredness and dehydration while the cyborgs felt no such feeling.

"I wonder if we're safe from here-" N was suddenly cut off when he felt a tiny object pass through his head and before he out the only thing he saw and heard was the screaming of the humans and the surprised looks of the cyborgs as N fell to the ground, his artificial life ending in a split second after he spoke.