The Letter

The Lost One

Jin Hye's POV

I used to blend into the crowd in school. Now I heard whispers around me. All the speculations I hear. I'm starting to think that I don't belong, that I'm just some freak hanging around in school. Yoo Min was avoiding me, and she was apparently always afraid to speak of what happened that day. In the end, students just started coming up with their own variations of what happened, with the story getting wilder each time. I became the villian who attacked her without reason. Admittedly, I really have no recollection at all. I'm still in disbelief myself. From what was seen at the corridor, I had destroyed all the lockers there and hurt both of us in the process. Did I really attacked her without reason? I'm just an 18 year old trying to survive in school, graduate and go to university. While they did not dare to ask me themselves, they have been pestering Changkyun and Hyemi for details, and some were not very kind with their words. I considered asking them to stop being my friends, but they had strongly assured me that they will never leave me. My friends and family have shown their utmost support but I'm getting afraid of myself. 

As I opened my locker, something fell out of it. I looked down at my feet, and saw a plain looking white envelope. Where have I see this before??? It seems so familiar. Oh yes! I got something like this on the day of my birthday, but I had totally forgotten about it. Stuffing it in my bag I decided to go home and find the previous letter to read it together. As I turned to walk to my classroom, I bumped into something and nearly fell. 

Third POV

"Oh you scared me! I'm so sorry!" JinHye bowed down, afraid of offending another person. "Hey, it's not your fault. I should not have been standing so close to you." SeungCheol quickly said. Jinhye silently let out the breath she was holding, but quickly put some distance between themselves. For some reason, she felt like she had disappointed him, and she did not want to hurt him. 

"I just wanted to ask how have you been." Seungcheol gently said, noticing that JinHye was not feeling comfortable. He had saw the scene of incident being cordoned off and had heard the many rumors that were spreading throughout school. Seungcheol hoped that JinHye would not hear some of them, given how nasty they were. But he was sure JinHye would not attack anyone without reason, let alone hurt them badly. All his friends had immediately agreed to believe in JinHye and treat her as their friend. It was as if the 6 of them knew that there was something else to it. The identical necklace that JinHye has made Seungcheol believe that theres more to her than meet the eye.

"I am fine, thank you. But you should really not be talking to me. You belong to the popular group after all. It will hurt your reputation if you are seen talking to me like this." JinHye mumbled, not wanting people to realise they are actually talking. "I believe you, and I am not afraid of being friends with you. All those rumors are just words without proof, and people who believe in them have nothing better to do" Seungcheol warm voice echoed through the corridor, making sure the people around them could hear it. A few people had the decency to look abashed. 

JinHye did not know how to express her gratitude but she was honestly very thankful to Seungcheol for announcing it to everyone even at the risk of being shunned for being friends with her. However, she was more afraid that whatever she did will happen again and she might hurt her own friends. "I appreciate it. Really." JinHye said, before hurrying off, leaving JaeHwan alone at her lockers. 

----------

Later that night, Jinhye fumbled through her textbooks, finally finding the letter between her math books. It was such a plain envelope with nothing written on it. She ripped the envelope open, and unfolded the paper inside. 

" Don't you want to know the reasons behind your nightmares? 

Come to the AlleyHouse if you want to know"

JinHye's hands trembled badly. How did the person behind this letter knew about her nightmares. No one knows except Sehun, Changkyun and Hyemi. She quickly ripped the second letter apart.

"The accident must have shocked you. You should have come earlier.  

We can help you.