The Headquarters

The Lost One

A few days passed after JinHye called Min to give her reply. Min had showed her excitement at the news. Today, she would be going to where their headquarters was located at. Weirdly, Min was extremely secretive over the location and had asked for her to be blind-folded during her first time there. She had claimed that only the heads, and long-time members of the organisation were allowed to know its exact location. JinHye shrugged off her skepticism at the secrecy, and allowed herself to be blindfolded. At the least, she knew that Changkyun would definitely be there for her. However, for some reason, Jinhye felt that she should at least try to memorise the route and familiarise herself with it. 

JinHye had boarded the car that Min sent for her at the streets near the bar. The time was 11am and Jinhye put on the blindfold and got comfortable. Left, left, right, left... Jinhye briefly remembered the turns that she took. As she tried to gather her bearings, Jinhye was puzzled that it was really quiet. With a start, she realised that the car was completely sound-proof. She did not know why there was a need for such a care, but decided to push back her doubts and trust Changkyun's words. After what seemed like hours, Jinhye felt the car slowed to a stop and the car door opening. 

"Hey Jinhye, its me." The warm sound of Changkyun sounded like a music to her ears and she felt safe immediately. "Just hold on to me and I will bring you in okay?" Jinhye nodded, reaching out to find his hands. She got down from the car and started walking. Jinhye heard the sound of a door sliding open, and could feel herself walking into an elevator after a few steps. The door closed and she felt someone fumbling at her blindfold. Jinhye squinted her eyes and tried to adjust to the sudden brightness that hit her eyes as the blindfold was removed. The elevator was descending, slowing to a stop at basement level 6. Jinhye could not help but gasped at the sight in front of her as the doors opened. 

For a organisation that was supposed to be behind the scenes supporting the people around, the scale of it was pretty big. There was a large screen mounted on the wall with about 5 people monitoring it. At the left, a large double door stayed opened, connecting the room to what Jinhye could see was like a training room, and people were walking in and out. Jinhye could see a couple of other doors around too but was too far to see the sign on them. Jinhye was not expecting to see so many people around and certainly not imagining that the place would look like those secret division headquarters she always saw on TV. Everyone seemed really busy and no one paid any attention to them as she stepped out of the lift. 

"Jinhye, it's so good to finally have you here." A voice travelled from the far right and Jinhye turned to see Min exiting through a door. Min gave the knob a jingle, making sure the room was securely locked before walking towards Jinhye. "Come on now, let me show you around." Min bustled, as if she was in a rush. 

"This is our main room, where we monitor suspicious activities around the city. This is also where our members gather when we have meetings or we have to send them out on missions. The door here is where we get our uniforms and any weapons ready. Over here we have the archives room, where we keep a record of all our activities. The other room here is where the leaders like me will hold meetings. The last door where i exited from contains the leaders' office. You are only allowed to enter the weapons room. Now, through this double doors is where you will be spending most of your time at. This huge arena is where our members spar against each other to test their skills. Whoever loses has to undergo a punishment to motivate them to train harder. The doors you see scattered around the arena are training rooms specially catered to the different abilities of the people here, according to their elements." Min explained to Jinhye as they toured the headquarters. 

"So... what can I do now?" Jinhye asked, overwelmed at the information given to her. It felt just like a harsh training camp, and the idea of punishment made her shuddered a little.

"First, you are going to show us what you did during that day."

"But I have no idea how to do that. It just happened."Jinhye protested. 

"If we want to find out more about your parents, you're going to have to show results." Min said, seemingly a little agitated, but no one but Jinhye seemed to notice. 

"You can do it!" Changkyun chimed in, giving Jinhye an encouraging smile.

"Alright. I guess so." 

"Shall we get started then?"