The Storm is Coming

The Lost One

Jinhye's POV

My brother has been coming home late recently. He excused himself by saying he was meeting Chanyeol and the rest to study, but I know theres only that one pretentious textbook in his bag. I know he is lying but I have no idea how I should discover the truth. My parents could see he was not telling the truth, but they had thought that Sehun must be meeting some girl and so, they decided not to pry. I know thats not that case, but I could not refute their beliefs. After all, I have also been reaching home late, going to practice at the HQ. We both know we are hiding something from each other. But exposing him is tantamount to exposing my own nightly activities. I can't possibly be telling my parents in their face that their daughter has special powers and is bent on taking revenge for her dead biological parents, could I?

The weekly trainings had built up my stamina and ability to defend myself physically. However, I was still unable to harness any of my innate energy in my attacks. Against the ones who wield them with a flick of their hands, I was nothing but a punching bag. Changkyun and Shownu had both tried to convince me to slow down, but somehow I could not. Or rather I would not slow down at all. I'm feeling a sense of foreboding anxiety in my heart. A feeling that has been there since i started coming here.

Changkyun's friends, Minhyuk and Jooheon, whom I met during my trainings have given me tremendous amount of support and ever-flowing words of encouragement. But I could sense one person was not exactly pleased with my progress. Min was definitely getting more and more anxious. She hovers around during my training, sometimes barging through the door when she spots a mistake. While she smiles in front of all of us and assures me in a pleasant tone, I could feel her anxiousness seeping through her little actions. Moreover, the memory charm that had been detected on me after they did a scan remains unbroken. It had survived all the spells that were supposedly able to remove a memory charm. The conclusion that they arrived was that it might be broken once I have perfected my skills. 

--------------

Just like any ordinary days, I had to wear a blindfold to reach the HQ. As I exited the lift, a sudden sense of dread rushed over me. It overwelmed me more than the usual uncomfort. I looked around tentatively, but nothing seems out of place. There just weren't too many people today. Okay Jinhye, stop overthinking. Everything is fine. Let's just get to practice and then go home. I quickly walked away to the training room but jolted to a stop when I realised that no one else was inside. I turned back and observed the people monitoring the screens again and jolted with realization that they were way too tense. They were carrying out their daily activities but somehow it feels very deliberate. It was as though they were ready to bolt any moment. Something was going to happen. I could feel it in my bones. 

"Jinhye! Wonderful you are here! Today, I shall be training you. Shownu and Changkyun are out with the rest on a practice mission. I thought it would be too risky for you to go out. Come on, let's get ready." The door to her office opened and Min hurriedly walked towards me. This was bad. Really bad. My sixth sense was tingling. I'm sure something was going to happen.  To send Changkyun and even Shownu away? I was alone in this. This smile that Min was giving did not reassure me in the least. 

Alright, Oh JinHye. I'm sure its nothing bad. Min is trying to help me, trying to help me avenge my parents. Get a grip of yourself.

We sparred for an hour or so and I am so exhausted. Min was relentless. A far cry from Shownu. 

"Can I take a break please?' I asked tentatively. 

"Yes of course, my dear. But you know I'm doing this for your own good right? We have to find out what happen to your parents." 

"Let's take a 5 minutes break and later, we can --" Min broke off as a splitting siren suddenly rang. The door to the training room burst open and Semmi, one of the people who always monitor the activities rushed in,"Min!! There are people at the entrance trying to enter! I see at least 6 cars of people outside. I glanced at Min but she looked really flustered and shocked. Was I overthinking when I believed that she planned something? Before she could react, screams echoed the air and flashes of black appeared. 

"Jinhye! Snap out of it! We have to fight!" Min screamed at me as she wield her energy and clashed knives with one of the men in black.