Nightmare

The Lost One

Jin Hye’s POV

The nightmares never stopped. It used to less frequent, perhaps 3 times a week? Now, however, I would wake up drenched in cold sweat and my heart would be pounding like crazy every day. The scene has changed, and now I was being carried away by someone through the falling snow. I never succeeded in figuring who was the person, given that I would always wake up at the critical moment where she would trip and we would both fall onto the snow. There would be people catching up and surrounding us. The weirdest thing was, I would sometimes wake up with tears streaming down my face. It was crazy. I do not even know who that lady was but I could feel the warmth of her grip on me. It was as if she was there to protect me through everything. It was as if she will be there to protect me from the things that would happen.

Falling asleep in class is never a good idea, especially when you are extremely prone to nightmares currently. I stumbled back to reality, to realise I was standing at my desk with everybody in class staring at me.

“This is the third time you have fallen asleep in my class, JinHye. This has never happened before. You are always one of most attentive student. Is there something that is bothering you?” My History teacher, Mr Kim, lectured me.

I shook my head vigorously, feeling extremely apologetic for sleeping in my favourite class. Mr Kim could only sigh and said, “You should go home for today, you look really pale.”

I bowed to him and packed my things, and gave a smile to Jin to tell him I will contact him later. It was really ridiculous, I never got chased out of class before, let alone being sent home early. But really, that was nobody’s fault. The recurring nightmare has caused me to be sleep deprived, and no matter what I do, I somehow still doze off in class.

As I made my way to the administration office with my head full of thoughts, I walked right smack into something and fell down.

“What the heck?” I heard the distinctive voice of Yoo Min echoed the empty hallway. I look up to realise that I had knocked into her and caused her to fell too. Yoo Min stared at me with venomous eyes, looked around and smirked, “You knocked into me again! You stupid girl, looks like nobody’s going to save your sorry now.”

Before I could even react, her hand connected with my face and I hit the lockers. I should have been ready for this, given how she did it once to me, but to hit the lockers was really pushing it. I was all ready to apologise since it was my fault, but I was not in the best of mood to entertain her self-centered attitude where she think that she has the right to hit me. I rolled my eyes and stared right at her, “Will you stop hitting people even before they apologise? Who are you to have the rights to hit people like that?”

Yoo Min scoffed in disbelief, pushed me to the floors and retorted, “Better than an adopted child like you who don’t even know where she came from. Nobody loves you.”

I should not have been affected by this; I know Sehun and his parents love me wholeheartedly and my friends cared for me. However, I was really overwhelmed at that moment and I got really angered at this. Till now, I was not exactly aware of what I did at that moment. All I remembered was me shouting at her to stop at one moment and waking up in the hospital bed next.

Yoo Min avoided me at all cost after that.