Powerless

The Lost One

"I knew you could it!" Changkyun shouted in excitement. This broke Jinhye out of her little trance and she finally broke into a smile. The whole process has thoroughly exhausted her. It was not physical exhaustion, but rather a sense of intense mental consumption. It took her so much concentration to finally radiate out the exquisite looking ocean blue colour that is swirling in the perimeters of the invisible energy circle. A little click sounded and the beautiful blue disappeared from sight. Jinhye looked wistfully as the energy dissipated. 

"A very good job well done. Truth be told, I was not expecting you to succeed within an hour. Even Changkyun had taken 4 hours before his element was revealed." Shownu complimented Jinhye, which pleased her thoroughly. "However, this process must have taken up your energy and I think we can stop here for the day."

"No!... I mean, I think I can continue to train. I am not very tired just yet." Jinhye immediately protested. She had no idea why she was feeling a sense of urgency in her, the need to upgrade and hone her powers, whatever they may be. Shownu looked at her for a few moments, debating whether to let her continue. He knew that if things are rushed, it may be difficult for some to harness their powers immediately. But Jinhye seemed different, she had been able to reveal her elements within an hour, and there seemed to be a certain glow to her face. Perhaps she could do it. 

"Very well, let us go to another room to start your official first training. Changkyun you can go and train with Minhyuk first." Shownu replied, beckoning her to follow. Jinhye furrowed her brows at the appearance of another name but Changkyun mouthed to her that he will introduce later and did a good luck sign. With that, she followed behind Showu to another empty training room. Shownu took out the pair of blades hanging on the belt around his waist. 

"This is a pair of blades that beginners can easily use. They are made with materials that help to boost the flow of energy. I want you to use this to harness the energy around them. Once you are harness the energy, it will be easier to control its power with your bare hands. Just like how you imagine your energy filling the circle, you now have to imagine it flowing to a more concentrated point, which are the blades. It shouldn't be too big of a problem if you can imagine your energy flowing like a needle instead. Here, try it."

-----------

A week has passed but the progress was still zero. Jinhye had came in 4 times since the first training but she was undeniably disappointed. The adrenaline rush from her initial success that had driven her enthusiasm had crashed badly since then. She had really thought that she could prove her skills so quickly but she had obviously overestimated herself. Why did she even think she was going to show results. Jinhye felt so ashamed of her unfounded confidence. She took a quick glance at Shownu, feeling ashamed, "I'm so sorry, I didn't think this through and failed you badly."

"There's nothing to be ashamed of. Different people have different standards, albeit yours was uncommon among beginners. Most people spend a long time during the first stage but can easily harness their power after. Yet, you are the opposite. Nonetheless, I do not think there is a cause for worry. After all, we are not rushing." 

Jinhye felt that he was distracted but decided not to pursue it. After all, she did not have a favourable performance for the past week. She headed out to find Changkyun at the door waiting for her. Changkyun could see the disappointment written in her face and swung his hands over her shoulders to comfort her, "Come on, don't be too worried, at least you learnt some basic defence positions!"

"Yeah, I gues you're right. I just can't help feeling mad at my lackluster performance." Jinhye replied as they were about to enter the lift. Suddenly, they heard Changkyun's name being called and turned to find Min scrolling towards them from her office.

"I'm sorry dear but I like for you to be blindfolded again when you leave." Min spoke, to which Changhyun retorted, " Why must she be blindfolded still? It has been a week, isn't she already a part of us? Didn't you see how hard she was training just now." 

"Oh yes of course. But there are still people who are doubting her and I think this is a precaution that can reassure them. You don't mind of course do you?" Min replied. Jinhye shooked her head slowly, feeling puzzled at this treatment but not able to refute Min's explanation. Weirdly, she felt that Min was still hiding something. Jinhye slipped on the blindfold as the lift went up. While she didn't take much notice to it when she came, she now feels a sense of powerlessness. The sense that she is not in control for anything that is happening.