Orphiuchus

The Lost One

Jinhye's POV

"To start off, some of us are special. We have different abilities." Min said.

"We are an organisation dedicated to the training of these people, and protecting the innocent from threats. Your parents were our most outstanding agents and had successfully rid the world of people who threatened the survival of us. However, they sadly fell to their demise 12 years ago."

"Then why come find me only now?" Jinhye asked confusedly. 

"You seemed to have a charm protecting you from being found. But, 3 weeks ago, we detected your presence. It seemed like your parents have set a charm that broke on your 18th birthday,which explains how long we took to find you. However, now that we did, we will do our best to unveil your abilities and protect you."

"If that's the case, can you tell me what happened the day my parents died? Do I have any siblings?" I asked hurriedly.

"Unfortunately, you had a brother but he perished in the fires too. We could not find any traces of your brother at all and could only assumed the worst. I'm sorry." 

I came here with hopes, but now all I feel is despair. At least, I now know my parents did not intentionally abandon me. But I was still confused over the fact that I was found away from the house I was calling home. And my brother, I can't even remember anything about him at all. 

"Join us. Your parents was researching on something important while they were alive, but we could not find any information on their research at all. Perhaps once we unlock your powers, you can help us." Min emphasised again. 

"But I can't remember anything about my past at all." 

" It must have been a memory lock charm. We should be able to remove that too."

"This is a lot to take in. Can I think about it? I want to talk to my family about this." I hesitated

"You absolutely can't tell anyone about this. We'll give you a week to think about this. There is just too much at risk right now to wait too long. Whatever your powers are, we will need them" Min quickly reiterated.

"Alright."

------------------

I really don't know if I should accept. There's something about them that puts me off. But, they are my only hopes right now. I have no one else to turn to and find the truth. How I wish I can talk to someone right now.