SEVEN

The truth behind it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASBACK.

 

It had been a year since that night and they never ever contacted each other even once. They tried their best to keep their promises to each other – Dreams first. Though they often times, maybe once or twice, saw each other in music shows but they somehow manage to avoid a conversation. They both knew it won’t help them at all. Abstinence, they called.

 

Sometimes they wonder if the other still feels the same way as before. It was unavoidable to think of those thoughts but somehow they maintained to brush those thoughts off their minds. Their promise to one another was the only hope they held onto.

 

That time, Jackson was doing well with Got7. They’ve already won two major awards and he continued to reign in the field of variety shows. He had also written song for his group and one for 15&. Youngji, on the other hand, was becoming more accepted by netizens as a member of Kara, not just as a replacement but a member who contributes to the group’s popularity. She was offered a role on a drama too. Kara was back dominating Japan again.

 

 

 

“Youngji-ah! I have a good news for you. You will become an MC for Inkigayo! Congratulations!” DSP representative greeted her in a phone call.

 

“Really?! Thank you so much!” Youngji exclaimed in happiness.

 

“You will be with Lee Hyun woo and an unconfirmed member of Got7”

 

Damn! Why would the world be so small? Youngji’s heart pounded crazily. A part of her wanted it would be him and the other part wished it would not be him. She was really torn at that moment.

 

“Tomorrow you’ll have a briefing at SBS building and a practice afterwards for your special stage.”

 

It struck her. How could she possibly prepare for their probable meeting in just one night? It was a mental breakdown for her. She couldn’t sleep that night. She was restless.

 

The next day, she went to their briefing and anxiously anticipating outside the conference room.

 

“Good morning Noona.” A young cheerful voice greeted her from behind. She turned to see who it was and she felt relieved and disappointed at the same time.

 

It was Yugyeom.

 

***

 

After the briefing, they were instructed to proceed at JYP building. They were gathered in one of JYP’s dance room. Youngji was being timid all that time. She just kept on bowing her head down, either staring at her shoes or playing with her phone. She was so afraid to meet Jackson. She wasn’t sure what to act or say.

 

“Noona, are you okay? Are you not comfortable?” Yugyeom asked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter