TWELVE

The truth behind it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yugyeom was panting so hard as he squinted his eyes from exhaustion. Beads of sweat were trailing down from his forehead and he wiped it off using the back of his hand without leaving the same worried gaze he had to Jackson.

 

“What happened to you?”  Jackson asked as he noticed the worried expression on his face apart from being worn-out.

 

Yugyeom gulped hard and exhaled deeply. He was about to utter something to Jackson when the door squeaked opened and JYP entered through it causing everybody to greet him.

 

“Kids, your comeback is just 2 weeks away. Work hard and always keep the rookie mindset. Show your fans you’re still the same, the same Got7 that works hard… and around 10 am later, you’ll be recording the last 2 songs of your album. For now, keep practicing.”

 

“Neh!” everybody answered in union but Jackson’s was noticeably enthusiastic.

 

They bowed once more as they thought JYP was about to leave.

 

“Ah-before I go, can I talk with you for a minute, Jackson?” Members were all looking at him. They already know what it was about.

 

“Alone, please.” JYP added.

 

JYP-nim went out of the room and Jackson also followed. Yugyeom suddenly felt his heart racing. It was faster than to when he was just exhausted.

 

“Hyung.” He finally uttered as Jackson passed by him. There was a tint of terror on his voice.

 

“Yah maknae, just wait me for a while. Okay? I know you have something to tell me.” Jackson then smiled at him and skipped his way out of the studio.

 

---

 

“Jackson.”

 

“Yes hyung?” He answered JYP mischievous as ever. He was naturally hyper for sure but he never felt that particular feeling before, like he was infected by some kind of virus or something. He was so vibrant, so INSPIRED.

 

“You know that we are not against of your relationship, right?” JYP was asking for his assurance.

 

“Of course hyung, I get it now. It was to protect the two of us.”

 

“Good. Uhmm, I won’t have any restrictions between you two but I just want you to keep on working hard and never overlook your responsibilities as a member of GOT7.”

 

Jackson plastered a smile as if he already knew the answer to his request.

 

“Of course hyung! My work won’t be affected at all. I can promise you that. I am very thankful for everything and it’s the least I could do.”

 

“I just have one tiny rule I want you to follow.” For a moment, Jackson was confused.

 

“Never talk about her or your relationship with her in public. Okay?  Just to keep everything personal.”

 

“O--kay. But how about when they ask me?” Jackson said hesitantly.

 

“If that situation arises, tell them you will not answer the question or something.  Just avoid the topic. The rest, leave it to us. Trust us. You won’t have that of a hard time.”

 

JYP’s statements were kind of vague to Jackson but he nodded his head in agreement. Even it was clear to him, he still won’t have any choice but to agree to everything they say. HE WAS JUST THAT THANKFUL.

 

Jackson went back to the studio with bliss painted all over his face.

 

Mark was so puzzled by his actions. “Last night, you were so pessimistic about this. What on earth happened to you?”

 

Jackson gave him a molar to molar smile. “Why would I tell you?” He said, teasing his hyung.

 

“Only Youngji noona can do that to him.” Bambam butted in and gave them dirty smiles.

 

“Yah, Bambam! Grow up first will you?”

 

They were all laughing their hearts out as Jackson teasingly tortures Bambam. For a brief moment they were all on their dork side except for the tall maknae who seemed stunned and confused.

 

Jackson noticed it and threw his arms around his shoulder. “Yah, why so serious? You have something to tell me right?”

 

“Hyung..” He hesitated, avoiding an eye contact to his ever blissful hyung who was waiting for him to say something.

 

“I heard JYP talking to someone on the phone.” He paused nervously as he briefly examined Jackson’s reaction. “They were talking like they are planning something bad to both of you.”

 

Jackson put a smirk of disbelief on his lips. “Maknae, maybe you’re just hearing things. We’ve just talk and he said that they are not against us and I just have to not let it affect my job.”

 

“No hyung. I clearly heard it.” He protested and finally looked into his hyung’s eyes. He was so serious and his worries were just all over her his face. Jackson just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter