TWENTY (M)

The truth behind it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warning: slight mature content!

 

 

Jackson’s POV

 

Our car and the car we followed stopped in front of a four-star hotel, not that far from where we were from, maybe three blocks or so. I saw her stepped out of her van and she was going in to that hotel. She was followed by number of her fans, that were handling their gifts and taking pictures. Being the way she is, she willingly gave them autographs as she smiled at them sincerely. She never changed even for a bit, even she did became famous.

 

Before I’ll lose my chance, I decided to hop out of the car.

 

“Hey dude! Where are you going? Don’t just leave us hanging here clueless.” Henry said to me as our friends were mumbling something like complaining.

 

“Sorry guys. I just need to do this. You can go without me. I guess I’ll pass for today but I promise to explain everything tomorrow.” I said as I bolted my way into the hotel wearing sunglasses to avoid some unwanted attention ninja style.

 

She entered the elevator and was accompanied by her guy manager. How am I supposed to talk to her? Should I just ask the front desk for her room number? But for sure she won’t just give me the number right away. She’ll ask me questions and it’ll just cause commotion. I was really contemplating but I needed to think fast before someone could recognize me.

 

“Jackson?” It was an audible whisper and it sounded like she was surprised. Oh my gawd! Did someone just recognize me? Not now! Please. I slowly turned my head to see who it was.

 

“Noona?” I was baffled to see her girl manager who I used to know very well.

 

As if she had missed me in ages, she ran her way towards me and hugged me tightly. “Noona, can we be discrete? We’re in a public place.” I whispered to her while smiling. She then recovered and adjusted herself.

 

I was overwhelmed to see an old friend that I temporarily forget my real agenda. “Noona, I heard hyung (my old manager) and you are dating? I never got the chance to congratulate you.” I said and plastered a silly smile on my face again.

 

“Aisshh this kid! When did you learn to gossip?” She rolled her eyes and added, “By the way, why are you here? Don’t tell me, you’re here for her?” She said as she wiggled her eyebrows, trying to tease me. “I thought you had moved on?”

 

“Noona, you know it’s impossible. How can you forget a girl like her?” the tone of my voice suddenly turned serious.

 

“Aigoo. You’re the same old Jackson I knew. You’re so emotional when it comes to her.” She said as he pinched my right cheek playfully.

 

“Noona, I really need to talk to her. Can you give me her room number?” I said as I looked at her sincerely.

 

“412. Promise me that you will never make her cry again.” She replied as she looked at me encouragingly.

 

 

***

 

 

I was standing in front of her door for about five minutes already. I was just nervous, so nervous. Again. But I don’t want to let this chance to pass without even talking to her. I’ll surely regret it for the rest of my life. I lifted my knuckles and exhaled deeply.

 

Knock… I paused for a second and bit my lower lip, trying to keep it from trembling.

 

Knock knock… I made sure that it was more audible than the first one.

 

“Wait. I’m coming!” She shouted from the inside of the room. It was hers. Finally! For the longest time that I had never heard her voice, it made my heart race and butterflies started to fill my stomach.  

 

1... 2… 3… I then heard the knob of the door crack open. Inhale… exhale…

 

The door slowly swung open and I saw her right before my eyes. I was inches close to her and I can finally feel her breathing after 3 years. My heart races and I just can’t take my eyes off her. Her clear eyes, her milky white skin, her cherry lips and her bright aura were the things that I missed the most. And now she was standing in front of me glowing, I felt like as if my everything was infront of me.

 

“Youngji” I finally uttered.

 

“Jackson?” Her calling my name, just felt like I’m in cloud nine.

 

We were both frozen from our spots, looking at each other’s eyes. I wanted this to last forever.

 

“What are you doing here?” We both simultaneously said, not leaving our gazes from each other. She shyly smiled as I gestured for her to answer first.

 

“It was my last schedule under DSP. How about you?” I wasn’t expecting it but it started off casually.

 

“I- I was in va

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter