SEVENTEEN

The truth behind it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Hara had sent the photo to Youngji, she decided to immediately call her. She thought that it would be better to talk things out rather than to read it from a text message. As she put her phone against her ear, she heard her ring back tone play. She was somewhat relieved but was still anxious if Youngji was going to answer it.

 

Pick it up. Hara mentally instructed her as she bit her bottom lip. She was hell worried with Youngji and felt a little of guilt building up in her as Youngji’s ring back tone kept on playing.

 

 “Yah. Youngji-ah, are you okay?” She dashed at her before she could even speak up.

 

Youngji then responded with a heavy sigh which caused Hara to feel even guiltier. She knew Youngji wasn’t in a good shape to receive that kind of surprise yet she send it anyway, due to her anger that Youngji was being treated unfairly behind her back.

 

“What are you saying, unnie? Of course!” Youngji replied with a very calm and innocent voice. Hara was surprised at her response. Haven’t she seen it yet? Hara thought.

 

“You saw the picture, didn’t you?” Hara asked in case she was being paranoid again.

 

“Yes, unnie but maybe, you got it all wrong. This wasn’t Jackson.” She said with the same calm voice she had but somehow Hara heard a crack in her voice.

 

“Youngji, it’s Jackson! Please don’t be like this! Think of yourself!” Hara sounded like she was scolding and pleading at the same time.

 

Hara’s greatest fear happened. She was so sure of it and the photo she took was so clear that one could immediately recognize it was Jackson. Youngji was in denial again and it hurts Hara to see her friend, whom she already considers as her younger sister, being like that. She knew from the start it could damage her.

 

“Youngji –ah!” She called once more but the other line immediately ended the call.

 

Hara panicked. What should I do? She knew that time Youngji is having her outburst and she was so afraid of the things she might do if she can’t control her emotions.

 

She wanted to go to Youngji’s dorm so bad. If she just could do it immediately she would, but weighing the situation, she thought it would be better if she could accompany someone. Panic-stricken, Hara called a friend, who was a close guy friend of Youngji and a label mate of theirs.

 

---

 

Together with Yunyoung, a member of Ajax, Hara bolted their way to Youngji’s dorm. Since she was getting busier and more popular that time, Youngji had to move into a more accesible dorm where she and sometimes her manager unnie live.

 

“Youngji-ah! Open the door!” Hara said in panic as she knocked on Youngji’s door non-stop.

 

“Noona, do you know her pass code?” The tall guy behind her suggested.

 

“ah! Why am I so stupid not to think about that?!” Hara was a bit frustrated with herself. She knew Youngji’s pass code all along since Youngji told her before during one of their sleep overs.

 

She typed it with unimaginable speed and as soon as the door clicked, a sign that it was unlocked, they rushed inside. To their horror, the whole dorm was a mess. Everywhere was just chaos. It seemed like some sort of storm had pass. There were pillows, books, magazines and broken pieces of glasses scattered messily on the floor.

 

Seeing the situation, they can't help but to feel a fear of something bad that might happened to Youngji. Since, her dorm was just small, Hara quickly saw her sitting on the floor beside the kitchen sink. She looked like a mess too and it was almost comparable to how her dorm looks. Her hair was all over the place and she was resting her head on her knees. Hara’s heart sunk at the sight of Youngji. She immediately ran by her side and hugged her. Youngji never budged but Hara heard her sobs became louder.

 

“Aigoo, you should have cried before, Youngji-ah. You shouldn’t have kept it. You should have let it out the first time you felt the pain.” Hara said gently to her, soothing her back for comfort.

 

“Noona, Youngji is hurt!” Yunyoung exclaimed unexpectedly as he was pointing at the blood that had pooled on the floor.  Being the paranoid Hara, she shook the lifeless Youngji examining every inch of her to find where blood originates.

 

“Noona, I think she stepped on a broken glass.”

 

Hara was somewhat relieved but she gasped as she saw the cut on her foot was so deep. It was bleeding profusely. “Yunyoung-ah, please get a bowl of water and any first aid you can find.” Hara ordered the tall main vocalist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter