SIX

The truth behind it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK

 

Since Youngji’s phone was confiscated by her manager, they were not able to communicate after her said confession. They didn’t have the chance to talk it personally too. They were always surrounded by eyes. There was no way for them to do it in any instance. For them, it was always a battle of waiting.

 

“Unnie, you said you’ll only confiscate my phone for 3 days! It’s been a week, unnie. I need it.“ Youngji whined to her manager helplessly while fixing her things.

 

Her manager exhaled heavily. “I heard from PD-nim what you did Youngji. I know that song was for him. Why won’t you behave, huh? You’re only a rookie of 6 months. How could you afford to have a dating scandal and waste the bright future ahead of you.”

 

Youngji pouted but it made her drop everything she was doing and made her think of some things.

 

“Youngji, I know you sometimes you hate me because I’m always strict and I always mind your personal businesses but I hope you’ll understand that I’m doing these all for you. I had witness the amount of hate you had got when you started Kara and now that people starting to love you, you’re doing this?” Her manager unnie added.

 

Youngji was left with no choice. “Unnie, can I message him for the last time? And I promise that I’ll focus and work even harder.” Her manager had no reaction. She was ignoring her but Youngji did not give up – persuasion at its best.

 

“Unnie, please? Or at least can you leave a message to his manager for me?”

 

Finally after seconds of contemplation, her manager gave in. “Okay Youngji. I’ll text his manager for you. You better get your acts right.”

 

Youngji nodded. It made her somewhat glad to somewhat let Jackson know she still exsisted and that what she showed him was real.

 

***

 

Got7 had celebrated that night since it was the end of their promotion for a song. After they dined, Jackson was heading again to the roommate house. He bid his farewell to s and rode on a separate van with his manager hyung.

 

“Hyung, do you receive any texts or calls from Youngji yet?” Jackson was quite disappointed.

 

“No, I did not. Sorry, Jackson-ah… but you have to stay focus. They will eventually suspect you if you’ll stay like this.”

 

“Hyung I’m professional! You don’t have to worry” Jackson snapped. He was kind of pissed and disappointed at the same time. His manager went silent and that moment Jackson knew he offended him.

 

“Sorry Hyung if I acted that way. I know how you’ve helped me. I’m just… just… I don’t know.” He said as he lowered his voice.

 

“Oh!” His manager acted as if he was surprised. Jackson looked at him puzzuled.

 

“Youngji texted just now!” He exclaimed with a tint of joy for Jackson. Jackson on the other hand jumped from his seat and grabbed phone immediately. He opened it.

 

From Youngji:

 

Good day! This is the manager of Heo Youngji of Kara and I wanted to inform you that her phone is with me for the mean time. I hope you understand that she wouldn’t be able to read any messages form you and at the same time wouldn’t be able to reply your messages.

 

Sincerely, Manager Kim.

 

“That was it?! No actual message from Youngji!” Jackson was on rage.

 

“Calm down Jackson. Maybe this manager Kim knew about something between you two and if you continue to push whatever is in your mind, there will be a possibility she’ll tell it to her company and you’re done! Done, Jackson, done!” His manager tried to bring peace in him mind.

 

Jackson looked at him like he was pleading silently through his eyes. His manager knew it already. He was asking for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter