.001

Shots of Haven

Title: Poems of Confession

Paring: HyukRi

Rating: G

WC: 1,457

Summary: They were asked to make a poem, and Gyuri thinks it is time.

A/N:

 

Everyone groaned at the sound of the bell, well who wouldn’t when you’re just minutes away from embarrassing yourself in front of the whole school? At that moment Eunhyuk wondered why did he even take the subject Language and Communications when in truthfully he hated socializing with other people despite the fact that he had a lot of friends, but when his dream girl passed by him, he remembered the answer.

It’s because she’s taking it.

 

As soon as she heard that sound her heart pounded crazily inside. Her palms started sweating as she grabbed her things and started walking out of the room following everyone, but then when she saw him still standing by his seat which she will be passing by, she gathered herself, held her chin up and flipped her hair to the side once she reached him. Of course being named as the school’s Cold Beauty, she had to keep her reputation and pretend she didn’t notice him.

But in reality she had been thanking her friend, Seungyeon, for encouraging her to take this class. It had been on her wish list to have even just one class with him ever since she caught him looking at her which later on made her watch him too, in secret. And now that they are, she couldn’t be even happier, that is until their annoying professor had asked them to make a poem. Yes, a stupid poem which will be recited not in class but in the cafeteria in front of every student of different level and departure, now who would be happy with that?

Apparently those who want to publicly announce their love for a certain person and that is the only thing which kept Gyuri thinking positive and looking forward to in this whole embarrass-me-in-school-professor-project. Yeah, she had clearly written a confession for her poem, result of too much thinking about him.

 

Students of that class had sat down with their friends from different departures and such as soon as they entered the large room which meant that Gyuri and Eunhyuk are seating three tables away from each other.

Everyone got excited when the professor finished explaining what is in store for them and shouts started when the first student-victim was called. The poor guy almost stumbled on his feet just walking in front, this scene made Gyuri think twice of her written project especially when their professor asked the guy to stand on the stool that he had used earlier while explaining.

As their classmates finished their piece one by one the nervousness had grown into a larger amount between the two. And as if a loud thunder came in contact with them, Eunhyuk’s name was finally called out. His circle of friends gave him encouraging punches on both sides and pats on his head.

“Go for her man!” Was the word of Leeteuk -the oldest of their group, in which he had half shouted with joy and had caught the attention of the anxious Gyuri

The said guy weakly stood up and walked in front but stopped when he was at the middle. He pondered for a while whether to continue or to take a quick glance, in the end it was the latter who won. He knew that all eyes were on him but since he’s here he had no other choice but to face his embarrassment, he hastily glance at her and was shocked to realize that she was directly looking at him.

The professor asked him to hurry but instead he turned his back on the older man which earned him some scolding but then it stopped when he actually returned to his friends and stood above the table. Loud cheers of his friends boosted him up to face her, yes, he turned straight over to her direction.

Clutching on to the paper, he looked directly into her beautiful eyes. There was spark, and it had turned him on to move as he bowed to everyone and went back to her direction. He cleared his throat and begun with his title and without leaving her intense gaze he started

 

How I wish to see your smile

Feel your embrace even just for a while

Walk you to your door

And do the things I’ve been waiting for.

 

Small snickers erupted from his own friends but he ignored it even if he knew that he’ll be the target of their playfulness for the next god-knows-weeks and continued.

Yes, indeed it is true

I’m in love with a girl like you

There is only us in my dream

You and I, only if you know what I mean

 

His eyes never left hers so does she; everyone can tell in their own world those eyes were having their own conversation that only them knows.

 

This day will mark the start

As I say what’s in my heart

Look only at me so you can see

Park Gyuri, will you go out with me?

 

At that last part cheers and whistles as well as claps came out from his friends which were soon followed by everyone.

Though she never left her eyes on him even though he had gotten down and was now being abused by his friends, she felt a smirk played across her lips. This small movement from her made Eunhyuk let out the longest breathe he never thought he had within him.

It was loud, noisy, and crazy but it didn’t hinder Gyuri’s attention when her good friend who she had been thankful more than now nudges her arm.

“Looks like the feeling is mutual” That was it, it brought that billion dollar smile on her face and it didn’t go vanished when their professor which she secretly thanked for giving them this project had called out for her name.

Everyone went silent when she stood above their table just like what Eunhyuk did and totally faced him. She could obviously see the blush on the boy’s face yet she had to force herself to not let out even a single emotion on hers, why? There’s no definite reason, she just wanted it to be a little suspense.

Gyuri begun doing the same thing that everyone had done, bowing and reciting the title before starting her own confession

 

As I walk inside through the gates

I pray to God to make this the day

For you to notice this face

And hear what I have to say

 

Each word was directly shot to his way and the eager audience was nowhere near to cheering as they held smiles on their faces witnessing this rare moment of the so called Cold Beauty of the school to actually confess.

 

A lot of guys passed by

But it’s you who caught my eye

Nothing special I found in you

Yet, I’ve given you so much clue

 

A gulp from the boy who was currently showing a mixture of tense and excitement made Gyuri take note of how to make him like this in the near future.

Stealing glances, I think you haven’t noticed

You’ve been caught long way before

But, what I’m trying to say is

Lee Hyukjae, what have you been waiting for?

 

The sound of the bell woke everyone up from dreaming, and at the count of three the cafeteria exploded. It was indeed a moment for the oblivious boy to cheer as her dream girl bravely made that poem and actually recited it in front of everyone even if it means that she could be now easily bullied by others after knowing who her target is. But that thought only made him stand on his feet and follow the girl who had just confessed back to him.

He caught her already walking in the corridors alongside her group of friends. Her hips that were swinging sideways, the clatter of her hills made the guy who currently had his gummy smile on him to run and slow down a few steps behind them. He breathed one to three before taking long strides and eventually getting caught with her.

He let their shoulders to barely brushed against each other as he whispered

“See you after class?”

Her friends who had witnessed and heard everything giggled as their friend crossed her arm and stopped on her tracks.

Gyuri looked at him with a mischievous smile on her face.

“Only if you can find me” And with that she left with her friends.

Eunhyuk couldn’t believe it, the attitude of that girl is really something worth looking for; you’ll never know when she is actually being true and playful. Yet, it didn’t stopped him on planning their first date later as he turn around and make his way to his next class.