Helping them

Always number 1

Yoona looked at the front of the classroom and sighed. Jessica and Seohyun were sitting there together paying attention to the teacher. It was two weeks after Jessica and Yuri had broke up and they hadn't spoken to each other since then. Jessica was now spending all her time at school with Seohyun, while Yoona was with Yuri.

Yoona looked at Yuri and saw the girl staring at her notebook deep in thoughts, as was usual these days.

'I think you should talk to her,' Yoona said.

Yuri didn't react.

'Hey, Yuri. I'm talking to you.'

'Huh?' Yuri woke.

'I think you should talk to her,' Yoona repeated.

'I told you I won't!' Yuri said and looked away displeased.

'Why? There's nothing between her and Seohyun,' Yoona said.

'That's what Seohyun told you,' Yuri mumbled skeptically. Yoona sighed.

'Well, you can't continue like this. Being all miserable and deep in your own world.'

'I'm not! I'm fine, I'm happy,' Yuri assured. But right after she had said so a shadow appeared on her face and Yoona could see tears behind her eyes.

'Yuri, please, talk to her,' Yoona said desperately and continued quietly: 'It hurts me to see you like this.'

Yuri looked at Yoona, Yoona looked at her papers.

'I can't,' Yuri said quietly.

Yoona stared at the table. They didn't say anything for a while.

'Seohyun says Jessica wants to talk to you,' said Yoona then.

'I know she wants to talk to me,' Yuri said. Jessica had indeed many times tried to corner Yuri on the corridor, but Yuri had always escaped from her. 'Why are you still talking to Seohyun?'

'She's innocent in this,' Yoona defended. 'And if you would just let Jessica explain you -'

'I don't need her explanations,' Yuri interrupted.

Yoona sighed. She couldn't turn Yuri's head, Yuri wouldn't listen to her.

After the class ended Yoona said quickly see you to Yuri and hurried to Seohyun. She placed her hand on the girl's shoulder.

'Hey, Seohyun. I need to talk to you,' she said.

'Um, ok,' Seohyun said and said bye to Jessica, who didn't look too happy for Yoona taking her friend away.

Yoona and Seohyun walked to the window.

'Yuri won't still talk to Jessica?' Seohyun asked.

'No,' Yoona sighed. 'She can't do that.'

'Jessica's still down for their break up. She tries to hide it, but...'

'Yeah, Yuri's the same. It's horrible...'

Yoona hadn't told it to Seohyun, but she was very upset about what she had done. Though it was only good that Yuri now knew the truth, she sometimes thought she shouldn't have sent the text message. She had tried so hard to protect Yuri and then ruined it all only because she was angry with Jessica.

They were quiet for a while. Then Yoona let out a frustrated sound.

'I just wish we could do something,' she said.

Seohyun nodded.

Yoona wanted to get out of this situation. She couldn't bear seeing Yuri so miserable and hurt every day. And it wasn't only Yuri and Jessica, who were suffering, but Yoona and Seohyun as well, since they were their friends. If there just would be some way out...

A smile slowly appeared on Yoona's face.

'What?' Seohyun asked.

Yoona grapped Seohyun's wrist a wide smile on her face.

'I know! I know what we're gonna do.'

 

Yoona and Seohyun were hiding behind the lockers. Yoona kept peeking to the corridor. Seohyun stood next to the wall complaining.

'This is not gonna work,' she whined. 'Seriously, they're gonna kill us.'

'Nonsense,' Yoona said. ' This is an excellent idea.'

'Why did I agree to this?' Seohyun said.

Yoona turned to smile at her.

'Stop worrying. Everything's gonna be fine. I promise.'

'They're gonna get so mad,' Seohyun continued.

'Shush,' Yoona hissed and pressed her finger on Seohyun's lips, smiling. 'Remember you already agreed.'

Seohyun's eyes widened when Yoona touched her, but Yoona just laughed and peeked at the corridor again.

'Here she comes. Come on, you first,' she said.

Seohyun leaved their hiding place whimpering. Yoona waited for a couple of seconds before following her.

Seohyun headed farer away along the corridor, but Yoona went to Yuri, who was sitting alone on a bench.

'Yuri-ah!' Yoona paid her attention.

Yuri looked at her being angry.

'Where have you been? You left me alone on two recess in row,' Yuri complained.

'I'm sorry. But I have something to show you,' Yoona said.

'What is it?'

'I'll tell you when we get there. Come on,' Yoona said smiling. This was so exciting! No matter what Seohyun said, Yoona knew this was a brilliant idea.

Yuri stood up and unwillingly followed Yoona. They went to the very end of the corridor and turned there to the left, to a small corridor, where was nothing else but a storeroom. The door was open and the girls went in. Yoona turned the lights on and turned to look at Yuri.

'Are you kiding me?' Yuri said in disbelief. 'This is a storeroom.'

Yoona just smirked. In the small room there was bookshelves and some cardboard boxes.

'Yoona, what is it? We'll be late from our class.'

'You... are not going to the class,' Yoona smirked. Where are you Seohyun? Why is it taking so long?

'What do you mean? Yoona?'

Finally footsteps from the corridor.

'Because of...' the footsteps were coming closer. She could hear Seohyun's voice. 'This.'

When Jessica appeared to the doorway, Yoona was ready. She grapped the girl's arm and pulled her inside, before Jessica could realise what was happening. Jessica exclaimed and stumbled inside. Yoona slipped out of the door and slammed it closed right behing her.

'Faster!' she hurried Seohyun, who was getting a lute they had snatched earlier. Yoona lent to the door preventing Jessica and Yuri from opening it. They banged the door and shouted to Yoona. Seohyun passed the lute between the door handles, so that it locked the door from outside.

Yoona and Seohyun ran as fast as they could along the corridors away from the storeroom. The classes had already started and there was no-one on the corridors. They didn't stop until they were almost in front of their own class.

They stood there panting. Yoona looked at Seohyun and saw that the girl was also looking at her. Their eyes met and they bursted out laughing.

They laughed so hard Yoona needed to lay down on a bench and Seohyun sat on the floor next to her.

'That was so exciting,' Yoona laughed.

'They're gonna kill us,' Seohyun said whiping tears of laughter from her eyes.

'No they won't. And even if they would that was worth it!'

'You're crazy,' Seohyun laughed.

'Thank you, you're not bad either,' Yoona smirked.

They smiled at each other. Then they decided to go to their class.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

A long chapter :D Hope I succeeded with it and you all have enjoyed this fic so far :)