The truth

Always number 1

Yoona was bristling with anger, while she drove off. She hated Jessica right now. 'How does it feel being the only single here?'. 'Yoona's mean'. And Yuri had just hugged Jessica like some innocent angel. She wasn't an angel she was a devil! It was already time for Yuri to notice that. Yoona was going to make Yuri notice that. Yes, she had an idea..

 

Yuri and Jessica had spent the whole day together and had now ended up in Yuri's home. Jessica was sitting on Yuri's bed and reading a magazine, while Yuri was sitting on a chair by the table.

Yuri had got a text message from Yoona soon after they had separated, but she had ignored it. Yoona had just been angry, that's why she had written something like that... But it started to bother Yuri. She took out her cell phone and read the message again:

'Jessica's hiding some really important things from you. Ask her straight, let's see if she can be honest.'

What if it was true? Yuri glanced at Jessica. Her beautiful Jessica... Yuri didn't want to believe Yoona. But what if...

'Jessica,' Yuri started tense.

Jessica raised her head and looked at Yuri a questioning look on her face.

'Yes honey?' Jessica said.

'Nothing,' Yuri withdrew. No, she had to ask! She drew breath and continued: 'Is.. is there something you need to tell me?'

Jessica's face was inscrutable.

'About what?'

'Just.. about anything,' Yuri said. She stood up and went to sit next to Jessica. Jessica didn't look at Yuri, which made Yuri worried. She kept looking at Jessica.

'There's one thing,' Jessica finally said and held her breath.

Yuri waited and her heart started to beat faster.

'When I told you me and Seohyun used to be friends...' Jessica said staring at her hands. 'It wasn't the whole truth.'

Yuri's heart raced faster. It was about Seohyun, well of course it was. She should've known that.

'I was crushed on her,' Jessica confessed. '... And that's it.'

'I... I don't understand,' Yuri said confused. A million questions had appeared in her mind.

'She rejected me, so that was the end of it.'

'Why didn't you tell me?...' Yuri whispered. 'But if she broke your heart, why did you wanna be her friend again?'

'I thought I was over it...'

'But you are not?' Yuri asked.

Jessica didn't answer.

'Answer me Jessica!' Yuri excaimed starting to get nervous. Was Jessica still.. No she didn't want to think about it.

'I-I...' Jessica stuttered.

'Look at me!' Yuri pleaded. 'Why aren't you looking at me?'

'Yuri, I... I don't wanna lie to you anymore,' Jessica said a tear dropping to her hands.

'Sica, don't... don't say what I think is true.'

'I'm sorry!' Jessica cried and hugged Yuri, but Yuri pryied her off.

'You-you are in love with Seohyun right?' Yuri asked tears flowing down from her eyes.

'Yuri I swear I didn't want it to happen!' Jessica cried looking now straight to Yuri's eyes. She was desperate.

Yuri stared at her lover and didn't say a word. Jessica apologised again and again. Finally Yuri said very quiet:

'Why? Am I not good enough for you?'

'No Yuri, honey, I love you, you're more important than anyone!'

'Then why? Why are you doing this to me?' Yuri suddenly yelled.

Jessica tried to hug her again, but Yuri knocked her hands off.

'Don't touch me,' she said her voice ice cold.

'Yuri, I love you. You have to believe me!' Jessica cried.

'I don't believe you anymore! You have lied to me again and again. How can I trust you anymore?' Yuri said and stood up, away from Jessica.

Jessica stumbled up after her.

'Yuri, please...' she pleaded.

'Go away,' Yuri said her back turned to Jessica.

'What?' Jessica squeaked. Yuri had never said anything like that to her.

'I said go away!' Yuri yelled through her tears. 'I don't wanna see you anymore. It's over.'

Jessica stood rooted to the floor, horrified. Yuri was breaking up with her...

Then her feet started working again. She flew out of the room and staright to the front door.

In the room Yuri stood still, tears running. As soon as she heard the front door bang closed she threw herself on her bed. She pressed her eyes against the sheets and strained them with her tears.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

To be continued...