I'll Take Care of You

A night that changed it all

Enjoy!

Kyungsoo’s and Jongin’s relationship grew stronger from that day a month ago. Jongin loves spending time at Kyungsoo’s house and the older one doesn’t seemed to mind it one bit. Baekhyun and Luhan are ok but they are a bit confused. They are amused by how Jongin treats Kyungsoo. They don’t ask though it’s just a thing between them two, but that doesn’t mean that Kyungsoo doesn’t know what they are thinking. 

Kyungsoo invited Jongin over to his house to eat. He was in the mood to cook one of his favorite dish and share it with him, that and he was alone. Luhan was out with Sehun and Baekhyun with Tao and Minseok. The three of them wanted to buy presents for their boyfriends just for the fun of it. Luhan was packing and taking his stuff to his new home to be.

“Spaghetti I hope you like it.” Kyungsoo said as he placed the plates of food on the table. Even though the dish isn’t a Korean one Jongin couldn’t deny it.  The aroma fill his nostrils making him almost drool. The plate looked appetizing and extremely chef like? It looked really professional.

“I do.” he said. He tried to prevent any saliva from coming out but he failed making Kyungsoo laugh his out.

The other one was eating his food when Jongin began to talk about the people from the club and the way they acted. He didn’t forget to complement Kyungsoo’s cooking.  That’s what he did for the first ten minutes of eating. Kyungsoo explained to him how things in the club worked. Not everything was about fun, getting drunk and .... well technically the club is for that but not everyone is looking for or a one night stand. “I know I wasn’t when I was with Sam.” Kyungsoo said.

“Was there another reason for your breakup?” Jongin ask. Kyungsoo stood quiet then he shook his head.

“Not really... he just cheated and the worst part was that he thought I also cheated and that it was an ok thing to do. I actually thought that we were made for each other.” Kyungsoo said as he bitterly laughed. “But whatever I don’t do the one night stand thing at least not anymore...” Jongin raised a brow. “When I was your age or even younger I used to be a party goer... I slept with a lot of guys.”

“Oh.” Something in Jongin began to heat up and in a bad way but he refused to ignore the feeling and continue listening to what he didn’t feel like listening at the moment while eating his food.

“But things changed when I met Sam and now....”

“Well I am glad you are not like most people in the club.” Jongin said with a smile. Kyungsoo found him-self smiling as well while nodding. He was about to stand up when his head hurt making him sat back again. Jongin put his fork down and ask if he was ok. Kyungsoo nodded but Jongin knew that it was a lie.

“We are going to the hospital!” Kyungsoo shook his head.

“No... I am fine see?” he stood up and walk towards the kitchen but he still felt tire extremely tired and dizzy.

“Bull!” Jongin said while holding him. “We are going whether you like it or not.”

“No I don’t like doctors! I rather not know what I have and let fate take its course.” Kyungsoo said with a pout but Jongin shook his head.

“I would do that to myself and I wouldn’t care for someone else, but I am not going to let you do that.” Jongin said as he took him by his hand.

“Why?!” Kyungsoo exclaim mainly because he really doesn’t want to go to the hospital.

“I don’t know... all I know is that I don’t want anything bad happening to you.” he said. Kyungsoo remained quiet he just let Jongin drag him outside his house and into the car. Kyungsoo wished they would crash but then that would lead them to the hospital. Then he wished to run out of gas like he almost always does but Jongin had his tank full. He deeply sighed and waited for their arrival to hell. Ten minutes later and they were there, Seoul National University Hospital. “Come in.” Jongin told Kyungsoo but the older one refused to step inside the main doors. “Kyungie!” upon hearing his nickname coming from Jongin, he agreed to enter. Jongin noticed how Kyungsoo tremble and felt bad for making him do something he doesn’t want to, but curing him is more important.

“Good morning.” A good looking middle age man stepped inside the room. Kyungsoo began to play with his fingers. “Do Kyungsoo?”

“M-me.” Kyungsoo nervously raised his hand.

“Don’t worry there is nothing to be afraid of. I am Doctor Choi Siwon and I will be taking care of you.” Kyungsoo nodded. “What is bothering you?”

“W-well I have been getting dizzy lately and tired.... t-that’s about it.”

“He almost fainted and it has happen more than once already.” Jongin said. Siwon nodded while taking note of everything.

“I would be making some blood tests and exams would you follow me.” Kyungsoo nodded against his will. He hated it everything. Tubes and tubes of blood were taking out of him. He almost cried. He won’t scream victory though because he knows that once they are outside the hospital he will cry his heart out. “Relax your hand this is the last one I swear.” Kyungsoo nodded. Siwon kept his word. Kyungsoo was glad to be out of that room but not for so long.

“C-can Jongin come in?” he asked the Doctor.

“Sure I’ll call him in.” he said with a smile. Jongin stepped inside the room and immediately walked towards scare Kyungsoo. “Ok, I’ll take this in for evaluation and I’ll be back in ten minutes.” Both Kyungsoo and Jongin nodded. As soon as the doctor was out tears began to form on Kyungsoo’s eyes.

“Kyungsoo?” Jongin panicked. “Are you ok?”

“No... My arm hurts and I feel dizzy.” He said while crying. “I just want to sleep now.”

“Kyungsoo don’t scare me!” Jongin said eyes full of worry. “Here eat this you are feeling dizzy because they took a lot of blood out.” He handed him chocolate but Kyungsoo refused it. At the end Kyungsoo fell asleep on Jongin arms. Minutes later Siwon walked inside the room and spotted the younger one sleeping.

“Everything is ok his blood pressure, cholesterol and anemia. I wanted to make sure about anemia which I thought that, that was the problem but his iron levels are perfectly fine.” Jongin nodded, “Can you tell me a little bit more?”

“Like what?” Jongin ask.

“How often does he sleep? is he tired and dizzy?” Jongin didn’t really know except for what he heard from Baekhyun and seen.

“Umm well about sleeping I don’t really know.... I guess he doesn’t sleep that much because he works at a nightclub. He gets out of there pretty late and he wakes up really early. About the dizziness I think it has been happening a lot lately. He just gets tired and dizzy.” Siwon nodded.

“It seems that he is tired, fatigue which is a feeling of tiredness or exhaustion or a need to rest because of lack of energy or strength. It may result from overwork, poor sleep, worry, boredom, or lack of exercise. It is a symptom that may be caused by illness, medicine, or medical treatment. Do you know if he is taking any medications?” Jongin shook his head. As much as Jongin wish to let Kyungsoo sleep they had to wake him up. “Kyungsoo, your results are ok there is no anemia. Now I need to know if you are currently taking any medications.” Kyungsoo shook his head. “Good. How often do you sleep?”

“Five... three hours a day.” Jongin’s eyes widen.

“You have Fatigue. Kyungsoo you need to sleep at least 8 hours for your body to function. The lack of sleep is making you tired and dizzy. I’ll be giving you some serum to give you energy. Just make sure to have a lot of rest at least sleep during day.” Kyungsoo nodded. “I’ll be prescribing vitamins as well. Take three with each meal for two weeks. Don’t forget to eat before taking them.” Kyungsoo nodded. “Take the serum only for a week and you should be feeling better.”

“That’s it?” Kyungsoo asked.

“What do you mean?” Siwon ask.

“I mean I don’t have a deadly disease or something?” The doctor laughed as he shook his head.

“No you are just very tired.” He said as he patted him. “Make sure that he sleeps and takes the pills.” Siwon told Jongin who nodded in response. “Any more questions?” the two shook their heads. “Alright if anything happens don’t hesitate coming back but you should be fine.”

“Thank you.” Kyungsoo said as he bow.

Kyungsoo felt a little more at ease after finding out that he didn’t have anything serious, but then again would he be ok? He doesn’t sleep that much and not because he doesn’t want but because he can’t. Thoughts, unwanted ones, always invade his mind when he is about to sleep preventing him from doing so. Jongin bought the medications for him of course he refused but Jongin wouldn’t take a ‘no’ as an answer. There were only two medications including the serum but still Kyungsoo wanted to pay for his own stuff.

“Kyungsoo, why don’t you sleep?” Jongin ask out of nowhere.

“I... I don’t know...” they both stood quiet. “Can I tell you something?” Jongin nodded. “I can’t stop thinking about Sam at night. I still miss him and when I see other people staring at me all I want is for him to come and tell them off.” Jongin listened and wished to shut the other one up because he for some unknown reason hates it. “I still miss him despite what he did”

“Then don’t...”

“I really want to sleep it’s just that I don’t want to think about him.” Kyungsoo said as he bit his lower lip. Jongin continued to drive towards Kyungsoo’s house. The ride was silent after that. Kyungsoo had Sam and how tired he was on his mind while Jongin wish to make Kyungsoo happy again even though he had no clue as to what do. They arrive minutes later. Kyungsoo was the first one to get down the car. When they enter the house they saw Luhan and Sehun sitting on the couch watching TV.

“Jongin!” Sehun half shouted the moment he saw his best friend. Chanyeol was right and now Sehun wonders why Jongin is spending so much time with Kyungsoo as well.

“Hey Sehun” Jongin walked towards him. Kyungsoo smile to Luhan as he walked towards them as well. “Oh, the medicines” Jongin said.

“I think they are in the car.” Kyungsoo said, “Let me get them.” He was about to go out but Jongin stop him.

“I’ll get them.” He said while making his way out the house. Luhan gave Kyungsoo a suggestive look making him rolled his eyes. Sehun just look at Jongin’s retrieving back with a raise brow. Luhan ask what the pills were for when Jongin walked inside the house again.

“Fatigue” Kyungsoo casually said.

“For you?” Sehun ask Jongin who shook his head.

“For me” Kyungsoo said while taking the pills away from Jongin.

“Why?” Luhan ask as he looked at the pills and its contents.

“I am tire and I lack sleep but other than that I am perfectly fine.” Kyungsoo said with a smile.

“Yeah but you need to sleep and it is very late already....” Jongin look at his watch. “10 PM which means time to go to bed.” Kyungsoo pouted at Jongin. “No, I don’t care about that face go to sleep.”

“Fine!” Kyungsoo said while grabbing his medicines.

“I’ll be leaving now.” Jongin told Luhan and Sehun. “You!” he pointed at Kyungsoo, “Don’t forget to take those pills and the serum AND sleep.... Don’t forget what I told you in the car.” Both Luhan and Sehun raise a brow, “Try...  don’t think.” Kyungsoo nodded.

“Ok” he said in a whisper. Jongin left the house seconds later. Kyungsoo went to his room not before getting a cup of water and saying good night to his best friends.

Jongin was surprise to see Yixing on his house. Apparently Joonmyun had finally invited him over and as much as he wished to stay and chat he still needed to make sure of something. “Where were you?” Joonmyun ask rather worried since the younger one wouldn’t answer the phone.

“With Kyungsoo.” He said. Yixing and Joonmyun look at him weirdly. Taekyeong just watch.

“With who?” Joonmyun ask.

“Hey Yixing what did you think of my uncle? Ugly right” Jongin joked.

“Hey!”   Taekyeong gave him a death glare.

“Well I’ll be going to sleep. Hyung next time call me.” He told Joonmyun.

“I did!” Joonmyun said as he rolled his eyes.

 

Kyungsoo was lying on his bed just watching TV when his phone vibrated. He grabbed it from his night stand and saw a massage from Jongin. “Have you taken the pills?” Kyungsoo found him-self nodding with a wide smile. He replay and waited for an answer. A minute later his phone vibrated again. “Alright good night Kyungie.” His smile grew wider at the nickname. That night he slept perfectly fine.

Kyungsoo woke up late the following morning. Baekhyun didn’t want to wake him up since Luhan had explained what the pills were for. When he woke up he saw Baekhyun helping Luhan with his things to move out. “Why didn’t you guys wake me up?” he asked as he yawned.

“You need to rest.” Baekhyun said. Kyungsoo was about to say something but his phone interrupted him.

From: Jongin

Good morning!! Have you eaten yet? I haven’t Joonmyun doesn’t want to make me anything and I feel like eating meat. Don’t forget to take the pills and about the Serum I have it. I can take it later on.

He smile to him-self making his two best friends eye him weirdly. “Who are you texting with?” Baekhyun ask in a teasing manner.

“Eisshh whatever!” Kyungsoo said while walking to the kitchen. “How about we make a cookout?” he asked.

“A cookout?” Luhan thought. “Sounds good.... oh, Sehun wanted meat last time but we ate fish even though I hate it.” he said with a pout

“Why did you eat it then?” Baekhyun ask.

“I lost a bet and I had eat it if not he would make do something I don’t want.” Luhan said.

“Which is?” Kyungsoo ask.

“Let him tie me up.” Baekhyun almost chocked on his drink. “He is crazy if he thinks that I would let him do that to me not after last time. Trying to go fifty shades of grey with me hell no!” he said while putting his pictures on a box. Kyungsoo just laugh while Baekhyun carry a face of disbelief. “What?” Luhan ask Baekhyun.

“You don’t like it?!” Baekhyun ask.

“No.... no he is too rough I mean I like it rough but not that rough that and he doesn’t stop when I tell him too. I can’t even walk the following day and he never lets me top that er.” Luhan said.

“Okkk too much information disgusting!” Kyungsoo said while sending someone a message.

“Who are you texting?” Baekhyun asked.

“Ummm Jongin...” Kyungsoo said without looking at them.

“Jongin?” Luhan asked.

“Yixing might invite Joonmyun I just wanted to let Jongin know.” He said.

“Oh, damn I am starving now can we go buy the stuff already?” Baekhyun ask as he grabbed his aching hungry belly.

Don’t forget to comment!! About me killing Kyungsoo... don’t worry I hate stories with that type of angst although I always end up reading them and crying my heart out. I still need to have some angsty moments as much as I hate them that’s what a make a story well a story, well kind of I don’t know. Thing is don’t worry about it Kyungsoo won’t die! As always love Annie!!