No Dance...

International Love
It was 1 week before the dance and you had almost everything set up! You were so excited to be able to show this school what homecoming was all about. All the kids were so excited and would always ask for your advice on a dress and asked what the dance would be like. 
 
You were walking to class till you were stopped by Mr. Kim. "_______-ah. Can I speak to you?" He asked kind of nervously. 
 
"Sure. Is everything okay?" 
 
"I'm afraid not... We will not be able to do the dance.... I am really sorry. I know how much time and effort you put into this for the school.." 
 
You didn't really know what to say but it felt like someone punched you in the stomach. Your eyes started to get wet but you held back the tears..
 
"May I ask why?" You voice was shaking. 
 
"The school board does not approve. They said it will take time away from studies.." Mr. Kim said with a sigh. 
 
"Studies? All these kids do is study!! 24/7 and they deserve some fun in high school while they can!!" You said with a raised voice and tears coming from your eyes. 
 
"I know ______-ah. I am extremely sorry!" Mr. Kim really did feel sorry. He wasn't sure what to say but he walked away and you just stood there in disbelief. 
 
"Studying my " you said to yourself and walked to class. 
 
You walked into class and everyone was sitting down working. 
 
"_______-ah." Your teacher whispered. "I'm sorry about the dance... Would you like to tell the class?" You nodded and he got the students attention. 
 
"Umm, there will be no dance next weekend.." You said to the class. They all gasp and started whispering to each other. "The school board would not approve and so there for we can not have one... I am really sorry I got your hopes up and I'm sorry to crush everyone's excitement.." You looked at the ground and walked to your seat next to Hyun-Soo & Soo-Young. They looked at you shocked with their jaws dropped and eyes wide. 
 
"I'm really sorry ______-ah." Hyun-Soo said. 
 
"It's fine." You said firm and got to work. 
 
_____________
 
You walked into cube without saying a word to anybody and walked up to the office. You sat in the chair in front of Mr. Hong and didn't say anything for a few seconds. 
 
"They cancelled the dance..." You said playing with your fingers. He shot his head up at you. 
 
"Why??" He asked conceded. 
 
"School board said no.." You sighed. 
 
"I am so sorry... I know how much this meant to you." 
 
"I'm sorry I made you go crazy trying to get beast to preform. Feel like i waisted your time too." 
 
"Don't apologize for that.. That was no big deal and no trouble at all! Is there anything I can do?" 
 
"I think I'm gonna go home.. Is Mrs. Hong there?" You said ignoring is question. 
 
"Yes." 
 

You got up and walked home wondering what you were gonna make of this horrible weekend.