Chapter. 10

International Love

 

You were sitting in study hall thinking about how different school was here then back home. Everyone always asked you what it was like and how it was different.. The one thing you were gonna miss the most was homecoming and prom. You loved waking up early to do your hair, make up and get your nails done. You loved taking picture with your friends and dates and then going out to a nice restaurant for dinner. 
 
 You were so caught up in your thoughts you didn't see your friends walking up to you.
 
 "Hey ______!!!" Hyun-Soo said with a smile and pulling you back to reality.. 
 
"Oh, hey oppa! Hi Soo Young! What's up?" You said with a weak smile. 
 
"You okay? You look confused.." Your friend Soo Young asked 
 
"No, I'm fine. Just thinking...." You stopped for a second.  ".... What if we through a homecoming dance??" You blurted out. Hyun-Soo and Soo Young looked at you shocked. 
 
"A dance?? Like homecoming?" Hyun Soo asked confused 
 
"I don't know _____-ah. We don't do that here... You would have to ask the principle but it be hard...." Soo Young said with sympathy. 
 
You looked down and sighed "yeah... I'm gonna ask anyways!" You said looking up at home with a smile. 
 
"FIGHTING!" They both yelled with a smile and you all laughed. 
 
______________________
 
*knock knock* you were gonna ask Mr. Kim (your principle) if you could have a dance at school. You looked all around you worried about what you should say and how you should say it. Your palms were sweaty and your heart was gonna pop out of chest. You were brought back to reality when the door open and saw Mr. Kim standing in front of you. 
 
"Hello _______! Interesting seeing you here, is everything okay?" He said walking back to his desk gesturing you to do the same. 
 
"Oh yes! Everything is fine. Just had a question to ask you.." You said sitting down in the chair across from Mr. Kim. 
 
"Yes?" He asked
 
You took a deep breath "I was wondering if we could have like a school dance?? I know it's a big offer but they're really fun and the students would love it! I will do everything myself!" You blurted out real fast. 
 
"A dance?" He said.. "Hm. What kind? Formal dress dance? Like homecoming or prom?" He asked. 
 
"More of a homecoming sir." 
 
"When? Where? What is needed to do all this?" He was firing questions and luckily you had givin this a lot of thought to where you could answer back! 
 
"In 2 Saturday's?? The gym? And manly decorations, maybe a band?? Which i can get because of my dads job! (He's the only one at the school and outside of your family that knows who your dad is) A photo booth for the kids. Some finger foods and some drinks that's all!!" You said with excitement. 
 
"Well, I don't see a problem with this... Will you do homecoming king and queen?" He asked. 
 
"Um we can!" You said with a smile. 
 
"Well then..  You should get a group of friends and get started. I will help you out a little and write you a check. I'm really excited _______-ah! This has never happen before so I am interested to see how it turns out." He smiled at you and gave you a check for $100. 
 
"Thank you so much Mr. Kim! I won't let you down!" You ran off and ran home to tell your host parents about what happen.. 
 
 
 
This was kind of a boring chapter I'm sorry! But next one will be better! :)