(A) BoA "Only One" & "Disturbance"

YunJae Songfics

AN: I'm posting these two together for two reasons: 1. To get them up to my length requirement for updates (500+ words), and 2. because the second one is a continuation of the first. Think of "Only One" as Part 1, and "Disturbance" as Part 2, okay? Also, this one is angsty, as shown by the (A) in the title. It's not the most heart-wrenching fic I've posted here, but it's still pretty heart-breaking, so if you're easily moved to tears, you may want your tissues on hand.

BoA “Only One”:

YH's POV:

You're only getting further away, but you're the only one for me. As much as I loved you, I have to let you go, even though you're the only one for me. It hurts and hurts, and it's foolish for me to stay with SM, but I'm saying goodbye to you anyway. Though I may never see you again, you're the only one for me.

After all these years together, we sit awkwardly across from each other, making small talk, and asking what's new, ignoring the elephant in the room...the fact that you're planning to leave. During the moments when the conversation stops for a moment, the frigid silence freezes us.

We will become strangers at this place right now. Someone will shed tears and be left alone, but, seeing you try not to hurt me...seeing you try to save me...I hate it, and feel ill at ease...so I'll let you go. My love, goodbye for now. Even at the moment we break up, you're still the only one for me. It hurts my heart, and I know I'm a fool for staying behind without you, but still I'll say goodbye. Though I may never see you again, you'll always be the only one for me.

“Boojae, I want you to do it. I want you to file the lawsuit and leave SME.”

At my sudden words, you seem relieved.

“But I'm not going with you. Changmin and I are staying with SM.”

The hope drains instantly from your face, and I can see something in your eyes die at my words.

JJ's POV:

As you tell me your decision, I wonder where we went wrong. Did we have different dreams from the start? The sharpness of the vast difference between our start and our end, and the pain that stabs my heart...why is it so similar? My overwhelmed heart crumbles emptily in just one moment. How can I ever stand up on stage again without you by my side? My love, although we're saying goodbye now, you're the only one. It hurts, and I know we're both fools for letting everything we once had slip between the cracks...but I'll respect your decision. I will let you go. Although I may never see you again, you'll always be the only one for me.

I can't help but wonder...when will my head erase you from my memory? One day, two days, one month, or maybe a few years? Or will you remain in my memory until the day I die?

Someday, in your memories, I will no longer exist, you will erase me.

 

BoA 그런 너 (Disturbance):

JJ's POV:

I don't remember the look you used to give me, or your warm and cozy embrace...at least, that's what I tell myself, so that I'll stop missing you. At some point, we stopped trying to get to know each other...stopped even wanting to get to know each other. Our changing images away from each other were so cold they couldn't even be touched. Inside the tiring indifference I force myself to express when others mention you or Changmin, I couldn't do anything to help you, though I know you were struggling just as much as we were, and I hated myself more for that.

You didn't look at my eyes. You didn't read my heart. You turned away from my sadness, but I love you even still. Were those words not enough? Was I not enough?

I didn't know at first.... After I told you my plans to leave SM...I thought you were just busy...surely, that was why you'd stopped talking to me...even after I left, I thought SM was preventing you from returning my endless calls and texts. I believed you would come if I waited, so I should be patient. But the more patient I was...the longer I waited...the further away you got. I am standing here in the same place...but you grow faint, and I can't see you. I can't go back to you. Even if I could, I don't even know my way back, so come here. Hurry and save me from the endless monotony of life without you.

On the day where everything ended in a quick moment, I realized I was really alone after snapping out of it. Are you really crying like a fool, like I am? Do you think it's over? I really can't think of anything right now. “I love you...” Maybe I just wanted to hear those words...but, now...I wonder if I'll ever hear you say those words to me again...

AN2: I hope y'all had a lovely Christmas, or whatever y'all celebrate this time of year where you're at. Also, I want to make it clear this is PURE fiction. It may be based around the lawsuit and real people, but I firmly believe that YunJae are still together, so don't let this fic bring you down too much, okay? :)