Author's Note

YunJae Songfics

First off, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to go so long without posting! Mianhaeyo!

Second, I am going to post an actual songfic after I type this out, but I figured I owed y'all an explanation for my random three-month hiatus. If you don't want to listen to me ramble, you can just skip to the next chapter, which I'll post right after this one.

Okay, now for my explanation. Basically, my hiatus was initially triggered by a comment from momoayasaki, stating that all of my stories "have the same plot." Now, momoayasaki, if you're reading this, I'm not angry or upset with you. I do realize that you were just trying to encourage me, I really do. However, due to my brain hating me, it made me exceptionally hypercritical of my own writing, which gave me writer's block. So I decided that I needed to take a step back from this...posting my writing online. I love getting feedback, I really do, but, ultimately, I write for my own enjoyment, and, sadly, I'd lost sight of that a bit in my attempts to please y'all. So I continued writing when the spirit struck me, but with no immediate intention of ever posting any of it. I probably should have posted an AN to warn y'all that I was going on hiatus, but, at that point, I was just feeling really discouraged.

Anyway, between that and starting my senior year in high school, and...life in general being hectic and emotionally draining, both in good and bad ways...I haven't been writing as much. I've also had a recent bout of non-DBSK, non-kpop related obsession, which has been taking up my time. I was house-sitting for my mom's friend for like a week and a half, getting experience living by myself, and she happened to have the first five seasons of True Blood. I read the Sookie Stackhouse books years ago, and I'd always wanted to watch the TV show version for comparison, but I'd never been able to...so I binge-watched the first four seasons, all the while somehow keeping up with my homework and looking after two very demanding dogs, who got exceptionally attached to me. Don't ask me how, because I don't even know, but I did. Anyway, that inspired me to read the book series over again, which I'm still working on doing, so...my YunJae obsession had been put aside momentarily.

However, onto the reason I'm posting this today...I just spent all day on Tumblr looking at/fangirling over pictures and video clips of YunJae, finally in the same place, at the same time, in the same camera shot, without photoshop, for the first time in six years. YunJae/ot5 feels back in full force! I figured that if I was ever going to post a semi-fluffy, reunion based YunJae songfic, I had to post one today. It's not military based, sadly, and, sorry momoayasaki, it's another lawsuit/post-lawsuit songfic...my muse is a er for those, so that's pretty much all I get from her with YunJae songfics. Anytime she throws me an AU YunJae idea, I can never seem to find a satisfactory way to finish it, so I'm not going to post any until I complete one...because I know what it's like to find a fanfic that I love, get completely hooked on it, and then have the author either A. Forget about the fic, or B. Say "Sorry, I don't like this fic anymore/I've lost inspiration so I'm discontinuing it." I refuse to be one of those authors. If that means the only fics I post are lawsuit-based YunJae songfics, so be it. If you get tired of lawsuit songfics from me, there's plenty of AU fanfics on the internet to choose from, even just on this website (though I mostly go to livejournal lately when I'm looking for YunJae fanfics. More selection, often better writing quality, etc).

Anyway, I apologize for my absence, though, sadly, I can't promise I'll be able to do any better in the future. I'll post when I feel like it, and...that'll just have to be enough. Now, this author's note is encroaching on the length of the songfic I'm about to post, so I'm going to shut up now. If you're actually still reading this...you get a virtual YunJae cookie.