(A) The Script "Nothing"

YunJae Songfics

The Script “Nothing”:

JJ's POV:

Am I better off dead?

Am I better off a quitter?

Yoochun and Junsu tell me we're better off now than when we were with SM, as they take me to our favorite bar.

I'm smiling on the outside, but dying on the inside, trying not to drag my feet.

“A few drinks will help you forget him,” Yoochun tells me.

But after one too many drinks, I know that I'll never forget Yunho.

Only they can see where this is going to end. They both think I'm crazy, but to me it makes perfect sense.

And Yoochun, Junsu, and Hyunjoong are all there trying to calm me down, because I'm shouting his name all over town.

I'm swearing that if I go to him now, I can change his mind and convince him to leave SM and reunite DBSK away from SM.

I know that I'm drunk, but I'll say the words to him anyway, and he'll listen this time even though my words are slurred slightly...because he has to.

I call his phone, ready to confess to him, tell him that I miss him, and that I need him back in my life...but all I hear is nothing.

So I stumble toward his and Changmin's shared apartment, because I know that if we're face to face, he'll come to his senses. If he see how much I'm hurting, he'll take me back for sure.

Yoochun, Junsu and Hyunjoong are still with me, trying to talk me into going home.

When he finally opens the front door, I can see the shock on his face at the sight of me.

“Yunho, I love you. I miss you, please come back to me.” I slur, stumbling slightly.

But he doesn't say anything. He just stands there, staring at me, before glancing at the guys who are standing a few feet away. “Why are you here?” Yunho asks, his voice cold and tired.

“Jaejoong drank a little too much. We tried to stop him but he insisted on seeing you. Mianhae, hyung.” Yoochun tells Yunho.

Yunho sighs tiredly. “Just get him and yourselves out of here before someone sees you. If SM finds out you were here, Changmin and I are dead.”

“B-but Yunho-” I slur in protest.

“No, Jaejoong. It's late and I'm tired. Go home. And don't come back. I can't see you anymore, Jae. And...stop calling me, and don't text me anymore. The managers get annoyed when they see your number come up on my call history, even if I don't pick up. Or if they see a text from you show up on my phone, even if I don't reply.”

“But Yun-”

“No, Jae. Just...just go. And don't come back.” Yunho tells me, sounding exhausted.

 

AN: Just to clarify Yunho's reaction, this is how I see his reasoning behind the way he acted:

He's exhausted from all of the pressure SM is putting on him and has decided that the best thing for both Jaejoong and himself is to let Jaejoong go. He still loves Jaejoong, but he's tired of fighting SM and doesn't want them to hurt Jaejoong. So he's pushing Jaejoong away because he wants Jaejoong to be happy away from SM, even while he himself feels like his heart is being ripped apart.

A bit dramatic, I know, but whatever. That's just the added insight into Yunho's head during this songfic that I thought was necessary to add.

AN2: I have several other songfics written, but some of them are really short, so I wanted to ask if ya'll - yes, I said 'ya'll' I'm from Texas, so you'll have to forgive me - if you'd rather I put the short ones all into one chapter so that the chapter will be longer, or do you want me to post them separately so that it's easier to skip over one of the songs if you don't like it? Either way is fine with me, but I just thought I should ask.

AN3(Last one, I promise!): Anyone who reads any of my songfics, feel free to subscribe and/or comment. I got my first two subscribers today, and I can't tell how how happy it made me to know that not only did people read what I posted, but liked it enough to want to read more. To my knowledge, no comments yet, but I'd love to hear what ya'll think. If you like it, that's awesome and makes me really happy. If you don't, tell me why and I'll see what I can do to improve my future posts. This is the first time I've posted anything I've written online, so any and all feedback is much appreciated!