As messed up

Are You Mine?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/note: This chapter is written in Beenzino's perspective. 

"Dude..stop playing with your food."

I stop stirring my scrambled eggs on my breakfast plate when I heard Steve.

"I bet he's just bored and lonely since the girlfriend is not around." Woo, an old friend of mine from Seattle laughed at me but I was not sure which girlfriend he was talking about. Most likely the current one who spent a week being my cheerful bubbly trophy girlfriend and whom my friends in the US all congratulated me for finally getting together with the hot German model. Yeah, he had no idea I was not that proud of it. That my hot celebrity Korean girlfriend had to dump me so I could get together with the new one. Stef was the German girl whom, well, I met 7 months ago in LA but we did not get into anything then because weeks later after that meeting, I met Yub back home and the rest was history.

I did not respond to any of my friends' comments and took a huge bite of my scrambled eggs while having breakfast at a cozy cafe in the streets of Seattle.

"He's just moody he's heading home to Korea tomorrow, guys." Jun interjected and I had to say he was right.

I nodded in agreement. I dreaded ending my vacation to head home to the cold winter and....sigh... a cold ex-girlfriend. I would have to face Yub eventually because we were working together on the girls' album. But it was not because I did not want to see her. Because I knew seeing her would churn my heart upside down for hurting her the way I did weeks ago. For days since I was here in the US having my gigs and spending a great time with my friends and the new girlfriend, I was still going to and fro on whether to text Yub if she was alright. I went shopping and was tempted to buy something for Yub only to remember we had already ended things. Yub was not active in Instagram and I could understand why. Then finally she posted a couple of posts obviously hinting she was fine and well. I was kind of relieved to see that.

"If you hate going back to Korea so early and there is no immediate schedule, why didn't you fly off to Germany with Stef?" Woo asked.

"Haha.. and meet her parents?" I laughed. "Dude, there's moving too fast!"

"It did not affect you when you were moving on speed mode from one girl to another one in a week..." Steve muttered.

Ok, when I broke up with Yub, Steve was not happy with it but he was away in the US so he could not screw me up in person for being a jackass who broke a wonder girl's heart. When I arrived in New York to reunite with Steve, Stef was there as well so he could not screw me about the Yub situation until we were now here in Seattle in Steve's hometown where Stef was not with us. The irony was, Steve was the guy who introduced Stef to me 7 months ago.

"Look, if you were in my position, you would do the same.." I told Steve.

"No, I would long ago control myself to not get involved with Yubin in the first place. If I knew I was going to cheat on her, I would control my and just be contented being her good friend from the very beginning so no one gets hurt!" Steve said.

"This is coming from the dude who introduced Stef to me! Technically, I did not cheat on Yub!" I countered defensively.

"Technically?" Steve asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter