Messed Up

Are You Mine?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After we broke up until the day when Sungbin flew off to the States, I had been keeping myself busy with work on the album. So much so I hardly slept and ate and in the end, I fainted due to fatigue. The girls quickly sent me to the hospital and I was put on a drip. Yenny also decided to take my phone and keep it away from me.

"Not going to let you suffer more pain.." She scolded me and then added. "Do you want me to tell him?"

I shook my head immediately. No way must Sungbin know about my fainting incident. No way. I did not even want to inform my parents too. As for the break-up with Sungbin, I only told Yenny and Sunmi the real reason why we broke up. The rest of our friends I did not want them to take sides so we just informed them Sungbin and I had broken up long ago and had been just friends for some time already. Though Yenny kept her promise not to inform Sungbin about my situation in the hospital, I think she did however, spill the news to Taec. So when Taec visited me, I was so messed up I refused to see him.

"I don't want you to see me like this. Please leave me alone." I begged as I hid my pale face with a pillow.

"Yub, you can talk to me.." Taec probed.

I refused and Taec finally left the hospital. After some hours, I was discharged and my phone was still kept away from me. Yenny insisted I lay in bed to sleep or support Sunmi on TV attending  MAMA. Yeah, we did not inform Sunmi too about my short hospital visit so that she need not worry.

"Why didn't Taec go with the boys to Hong Kong?" I asked Yenny while we watched the awards show live from Hong Kong.

"He got an early morning filming tomorrow I heard." Yenny responded.

So I guess Taec was at home at the moment. I felt bad now refusing to see him earlier in the hospital. He obviously was worried sick about me. I thought about our rubber duck date when he admitted he still had feelings for me. Thoughts of Sungbin enjoying himself and probably getting in bed with that blond model kept creeping into my mind I could not sleep again.

That night after Yenny went to bed, I sneaked out of the house and drove to Taec's apartment. I still remembered the door code number. It was his mom's birthday. Well, I did date him for more than a year. Lucky for me, Papa and Mama Ok was asleep by then or else they would wonder why their son's ex was visiting at 1am in the morning.

I saw light coming out from bottom of Taec's door and knocked lightly. He opened almost immediately and boy was he surprised to see me.

"I'm sorry. Yenny took my phone and I couldn't warn you in advance. I still kinda remember the door code as well." I quickly explained.

Taec still looked surprised but he nodded as he let me into the room. He had his wife-beater on. I could never understand how he could withstand the cold winter. The guy could even go all night in bed on a winter night.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked.

"Yeah.. I'm sorry I blew you off this morning.." I apologized as I sat down on his bed.

He gave me a long concern look before he kneeled on the floor and asked "Why are you here, Yub?"

"To apologize..." I repeated innocently, controlling my emotions. Confused emotions. Why was I here? Because I could not sleep without knowing I would start crying. Because I was so not going to cry and Taec was the best person I would not cry in front of. The girls I might just let go and cry if they probed and comforted me but Taec, no, I would never cry to him over another guy. He deserved better than that.

"And I can't sleep." I added.

Taec my cheek gently and that was the most comforting feeling I had ever felt in the last few days. I could not help it as I leaned forward and kiss his lips. He did not kiss back and I was about to apologize but he changed his m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter