Underground

Are You Mine?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though Sungbin did mentioned he did not like his girlfriend to be around at his club gigs, he still opened the invitation to me and my girls to his upcoming club gig in Seoul.

"I thought you didn't like me to be around at your club gigs." I reminded him after a lazy afternoon romp at his place.

"I didn't say that. I meant that only if you were that kind of girlfriend who would get jealous easily. But I don't think you are." he explained, lying next to me and gently brushing my hair with his fingers.

Jealous type? I would be but I would most likely keep in it. I was no drama queen. Yeah.. I'd rather bribe his boys to be on my side and make sure he did not cheat on me. I was THAT kind of girlfriend. Also, I was the sort who would be quite careful of being seen in public with him. Being in this industry long enough, you would know how important it is to NOT go public in any relationship no matter how in love you were. I had seen cases of public relationships getting more stress than necessary. Unless you were dating a non-celebrity like Sunye was, it was still not that bad. I remembered Taec and I had at one point played with the idea of going public but when we asked our JYP mates about this, 99% of them were against the idea. Obviously we never gave it a 2nd thought and kept the relationship underground for close to 2 years. Sungbin and I had long ago agreed to stay underground too. If we get caught, we'd then decide on which would be the best option.

Maybe JYPE would give the green light for me and Sungbin to go public which they did so with Khun and Tiffany but..no thanks if possible. Talking about Khun and Tiff, I had to give it to them for going public but they had been dating for a very long time. I always found it amazing how they could keep a relationship going without seeing each other so often. For that I had to admit I failed in my last relationship. Even Taec felt that we meet way more often than Khun and Tiff but I still felt it was not enough. Yet till this day, I was still bent on NOT going public. And I would make sure I took precaution. Like, go out in groups or just date at home or at private space at work! And talking about people who were not careful,  I could not believe my dear fellow Gwangju mate, Tiff's group member Taeyeon did what she did. I was so tempted to text or call her and ask her "Babe!!! What were you thinking? Going on a date in a open convertible and in an open car park and making out??!!!" Like no matter how passionately in love you were, do it at home!!! But of course I did not text her that. I just texted her this "Taeyeon-ah, unnie is impressed." Impressed because she actually went public with the relationship, despite the mad objections of both her and her boyfriend's fandoms. Bravo on the "kiss my " attitude, babe!

But yeah, I was more of a careful person than a "kiss my " person, and thankfully with Sungbin, he was slowly getting used to me always in a hoodie, with a cap and sometimes a mask. And thank god he did not drive a convertible. For now, I was happy being in an underground relationship with an underground rapper.

For days I contemplated if I should go to the boyfriend's club gig. Sunmi and Yenny could not go because they had JYPN concert practices but my trusted bestie Hyunah was free to go and kept asking me to go. I decided not to in the end and Hyunah went ahead with another gal pal. Well, at least Hyunah could be my watchful eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter