Nothing to hide

Are You Mine?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recently, as I was hanging out with Sungbin and the boys at a cafe, we bumped into a mutual friend. Actually, he was mostly Sungbin's friend and I was more of an acquaintance who once worked with him years ago. In most cases, when I bump into a friend or acquaintance, I would waved and bowed politely at them and it would take them a while to recognize me if I did not have my make-up on. This time, since I was hanging out with the boyfriend whom I would like to keep it private, I was not on alert mode to recognize friends while we were out. But it was Sungbin who recognized our mutual friend and called out to him when the guy waltzed into the cafe.

"Hyung!" Sungbin  called out when he recognized the other half of senior rap group, Dynamic Duo, Gaeko, who came into the cafe walking towards a group of his friends at another corner. He spotted Sungbin waving at him like a kid and quickly excused himself from his friends, heading towards our table.      

"Sungbin ah..." Gaeko took his hand and hugged my boyfriend. He then soon recognized a shy me beside Sungbin.

"Omo..." Gaeko pointed at me in surprise.

"Ah...oppa. It's been a long time." I shyly shook Gaeko's hand.

"Oh, you guys know each other?" Sungbin asked.

"Yeah, we collaborated on a hip-hop special for Nobody...that was ages ago!" I revealed.

"Yubin ah! Do you know I had been trying to get hold of JYP?!" Gaeko exclaimed.

"Really?" I was pleasantly surprised.

"I wanted to ask him for Yeeun! I want to collab with her on a song! Your boss never returned my call and messages." Gaeko added as he sat down. "Thank God I met you here!"

"Sorry about PD-nim. He hardly returns my calls too. Anyway, I could get you on the line with Yeeun now. Is that ok?" I offered.

"Awesome!!" Gaeko clapped.

Yeah, just a night of Sungbin and I connecting another great collaboration. Weeks later, when Gaeko released that song he worked with Yeeun, he retold the incident to the media of how he got through to Yenny without JYP. He said he got her through a friend of Beenzino's who was close to Yenny. My name was never mentioned and Sungbin said he knew Gaeko knew what to not spill. Well, Gaeko should know well since he had a rap partner who was dating an idol too.

"Honestly, even if he spilled and mentioned your name, I don't think it would be such a big deal." Sungbin said one night when we were at his apartment checking out the new MV our friends were featured in.

"It would be..." I countered. I hated any tiny bit of public attention on my love life, especially with another public figure. Or maybe I was just used to the sneaking around in relationships.

"Sometimes I feel like you are embarrassed to be with me. You will automatically walk a few feet away from me when we were on the streets. Baby, I haven't really held your hand in public yet." Sungbin  complained.

Why was he complaining now? We were always out with our friends in public and I thought he would be used to it by now.

"We held hands a little during Halloween recently." I rebuked when I remembered a recent short street outing when I surprised him after his late night gig.

"Because you were wearing a mask and after that you quickly went into the car. If you were not hidden in a mask, you would never go close to me in public."

"What is wrong with being close to you now at home than having PUBLIC displays of affection?" I hopped over his lap on the sofa and hooked my arms around his neck.

Just then, my phone buzzed and I checked on the JYP group chat.  The group outing with Seulong, Jinwoon, Taec and my girls were confirmed. I gleamed at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter