Chapter 4

Only You

Tiffany's POV

I walked around my new school.

I just came back from America & dad had enrolled me into this school.

I hope I can make friends fast. I don't want to be alone.

Just then, I saw a familiar figure walking into the school.

Blonde. Short and petit. Expressionless face. Jessica?

"Jessi!"

Wow, I have a friend after all.

I wonder if she's still angry with me though.

Jessica's POV

Again she is ignoring me. I tried to catch up with her but her legs are too long and I am too lazy to run.

Suddenly, "Jessi!". Nobody calls me Jessi here. Except for...

"Fany?" I turned to the source of the sound and saw Tiffany walking towards me.

"You are schooling here now?

"Yes. Jessie, look. I'm really very sorry. I understand if you're still angry with me. But we're still friends right?"

I was not surprised when she suddenly hugged me. But I can't seem to return the hug.

I miss her hugs. I miss her. It has been a long time since I saw her, after she left without a word.

We only saw each other last night when I was on my way home.

*flashback*

"Jessie."

"Fany?" I shrugged my right shoulder which she was still grabbing on to.

"Where have you been to all these years?"

"I'm sorry, Jessie. My father was transferred to America. We had to leave. It all happened too sudden. I was too devastated to say goodbye to you." She hugged me tight. "I miss you so much."

"Then you should have at least told me when you reached America." I pushed 

"I couldn't bring myself to. You know how hard it is for me to approach someone whom I wronged. I know I shouldn't have kept silent. I didn't mean to upset you. Trust me, I couldn't sleep in peace everynight thinking about my actions."

"I wasn't upset about it, Fany. I was hurt. Really hurt. I was worried everyday thinking that something really bad happened to you. I even once thought you were dead. I called you every minute I could but all I hear was a flat tone. I went to your house everyday thinking that you would be home one day until I saw a new family moving in. I went to our favourite places every week hoping that you would be there. I did everything I could in the hope of seeing you again until I finally gave up and decided to move on. Reluctantly. But I still saved your contacts wishing that you would message me someday."

Tears were falling from both of our eyes.

She held my arms. "I'm really sorry, Jessie. I would apologize a thousand times if I could."

Pulling away from her grasp, I shook my head and dried my cheeks with the back of my hands.

"It's okay, Fany. I'm over it anyway." I lied. It wasn't true. I was not totally over it.

Smiling bitterly, I turned my back on her and left.

Tears kept falling as I walked home and I cried myself to sleep.

*end of flashback*

TBC

 

SORRY for the short update!! :/

I will be updating again tmr!