Chapter 14

Only You

Tiffany's POV

"Calm down, Jessie. It was just an accident for goodness sake."

"She was fondling her arms! How can that be an accident??"

"Must be a natural response or something. I'm sure she didn't meant to."

"Victoria was her ex, alright. They had quite a long history."

"Well.... okay. But it's history, Jessica. Not present."

"And the way they look at each other. It disgusts me!

I tried to stop her from over-reacting but she just won't stop babbling.
I was supposed to feel angry at Yuri for crushing my best friend's heart, right infront of her eyes. My eyes.
But something tells me that she didn't do it on purpose.

"Let her explain for herself. She must have her reasons. Besides, she have been in love with you since the moment she laid eyes on you."
She stopped wailing. Only for a while.

"How'd you know that? If it's true, she wouldn't have done what she did!"

"She was just holding her hands, Sica. It was not like they made out or something. You're being too dramatic over a small thing. Look here."
I pulled her face up so that she was looking at me, and wiped the tears that kept coming out of her eyes.

"I might be new here, but I know that girl loves you from the bottom of the heart. I found out form Taeyeon. Just hear her out, okay. And, I'm sure you don't want you relationship to end when it just started, right?"
She shook her head slightly at my question. I hugged her to comfort her, but she won't stop sobbing.

"You should stop crying, Jess or you're gonna wet my shirt." She let out a small laughter and hit my shoulder.

"Thank you for being here for me, Tiffany. You've always been a good friend. Although you were gone for a year." She mumbled the last sentence but I still could hear it clearly.

"Really? You're gonna bring up that topic again? I already told you why I was away."

"Just kidding, Fany." Finally, she smiled.

"Sheesh. Go and wash your face now. You look terrible." she hit my shoulder again and went to the sink.

"The match should have ended by now. Let's go. She must be searching all over for you. Where's your phone?"

"In my bag. It's dead. Let's go." she rubbed her eyes one last time, took her bag and walked to the door.

I hope she's feeling better. I'm sure not as good until Yuri apologise to her.
That girl better have an explanation.

 

Jessica's POV

I hope it was just an accident, Yuri.

I opened the door of the toilet and stepped out. 
My heart crushed immediately.
My fists clenched, and my jaws tightened.
Tears started falling again.

They were kissing each other. In the middle of the school hallway.
When there's people aroung.

How do you explain this, Yuri?
This is definitely not an accident.

They only stopped when Yuri saw me.
She shoved away Victoria's hands which was holding onto her face and pulled away from her face.
Her eyes widened at the sight of me, astonishment expressing on her face, and gaped open.

I stared into her eyes for a few seconds, burnt with fury.
How can you do this to me, Yuri?

I ran away.

I heard Tiffany calling after me but I just ignored her, letting my feets carry me to wherever it wants to go.

They brought me to the field we always go to.
I trudged to the tree which we claimed ours and sat on the soft grass.

I couldn't stop crying.
Not this time.

Why, Yuri? Why?
You said many times you have forgotten about her.
Not only to me. To all of us.
I trusted you, Yuri.
Trusted.

 

Yuri's POV

"What do you want?" I turned around and asked coldly, shaking my hand to break free from her grip but she just held it tighter.

"I'm sorry. How many times do I have to say that?"

"And how many times do I have to say that I have forgiven you? Let go of me, will ya? My girlfriend's waiting for me." I lied.

I had no idea of Jessica's wherabout.

"I still love you." I felt nauseated hearing her saying those words.

"You are dating. How can you still love me?"

"I didn't realise it until I saw you."

"Whatever. I don't feel the same way anymore. So please, let go of me." I tried to pull her hand from mine but in vain.

"But the way you looked at me just now tells me a different thing. I know you still love me."

"Stop it. I don't lo-"

She put her hands on my face and kissed me.
I should have stopped myself but I couldn't.
Instead, my hands crawled up her back.

Suddenly, I heard the toilet door opening.
My eyes averted to the direction of the door.
I was shocked to see Jessica.
Immediately, I pulled myself away from Victoria, pushing her hands aside.

"See? You still love me, Yuri. You wouldn't kiss me back like that if you don't.
She tried to take my hand but I pulled it away before she could.

Jessica was staring at me, her eyes filled with agony.
I didn't know what to do and just stood rooted to the ground.

She ran.

My whole life starts crumbling to the ground.

Tiffany, who was now looking at me, shot me a glare before chasing her best friend.

"Happy now, are you?"

"It's okay, Yuri. Let her go. I'm here now."

"Shut up! How many times do I have to say I don't love you. I DON'T. ANYMORE. Can't you understand??" I shouted at her and ran after them.

"I'm sorry!" she yelled back.

Why did I kissed her back?
I am so stupid.
I don't love her anymore. I really don't.
I don't. I don't. I don't.
Now, because of one stupid mistake, I lost Sica.
The one and only person that I truly love.

Where is she?

 

Taeyeon's POV

I was taking my stuff out of my locker when my phone vibrated continuously.

Tiffany? Why is she calling me?

"Hello?"
"Taeyeon! Do you know where Sica might be right now?" I could hear her panting on the other line.
"I don't know. Try asking Yuri. Wae? And why do you sound out of breath?"
"She ran away. After seeing Yuri kissed that Victoria girl or...whatever. I went after her but I lost her."
"What?! They kissed?! Is that girl crazy or what?? But anyway, I have no idea. Where are you now?" I asked as I quickly packed my bag and left the room.
"At the school gate."
"Wait for me there. See ya."

I hung up and dialed Yuri's number.
Yuri, Yuri.... What have gotten into your head?

She didn't pick up.
Her things must still be in the locker.
Oh my god.
I'll just assume that it was an accident. Again.
Because I trust you.
You wouldn't want to hurt Jessica.

"Have you tried calling her?" I asked Tiffany as soon as I reached where she was.
"Who? Sica? Her phone died."
"Oh great. I don't know where's Yuri. And her stuff are all still in her locker, I think."

Just then, Yuri came running to us.
Speaking of the devil.

"Are you stupid?! Are you out of your mind?"
The girl look devastated.
"I know, I'm sorry. Trust me, I didn't do it. She pulled me all of a sudden."
"Your hands were on her back!" Tiffany shouted at her.
What loud voice she has. Even I was frightened by it.
"Relax, Fany." I rubbed her back, smiling a little at her cute frown.

"I didn't plan for that to happen. My hand responded by itself. I know it sounds stupid. But really. Taeyeon, you know I wouldn't hurt Jessica on purpose, right?
"I know, Yuri." I looked into her sincere eyes.
She really doesn't mean it to happen.

"We need to trust her, Tiffany. I know Jessica's your best friend. She's my good friend too. You must know that Victoria was the one after Yuri. Not the other way round. And, you can't really control what you do when someone... kisses you. Your body naturally reacts to it. Unless if you have a really strong will." I tried to reason with her, hoping that she would forgive Yuri.

"Thanks, Tae. Do you know where Jessica went to?"
"I....uh. She ran out. I don't know where to cos I lost her here." Tiffany said as she pointed out of the school.
"Out? Hmm. I think I know where to find her. Thank you, Tiffany." she hugged Tiffany after thanking her. 
I saw how Tiffany looked quite surprised by Yuri's actions and I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Okay, cut it." I interrupted, pushing Yuri off Tiffany. 
Yuri smiled cheekily at me and I hit her shoulder, shooting her a glare.

"Good luck. I'm sure she'll understand you." Tiffany was blushing when she said that to Yuri. 
And I can't help but feel a tiny bit jealous.

We watched as she run off to find her Jessica.

 

 

 

TBC

 

sorry if it's short. :/
i'll update soon!!! :D