Chapter 28

Only You

Tiffany's POV

Months passed.

There was still no change in Yuri.
Except that her hair has grown back. Just another proof that's she still breathing & is alive.

And Sica.
She was still not getting better. She never failed to visit Yuri every single day.

For times when I was there too, I would see her whispering to Yuri, hear her talking to her about things that happened in school. 
I thought she was dead at school. Funny how she's aware of everything that happened around her.
Jessica even combed Yuri's hair for her.
She doesn't look presentable herself, and yet she's making sure Yuri looked neat.
And she would never forget to kiss Yuri's forehead before leaving.

I felt so sad for her. My heart shrinked every time I watch her do those things.
It must be really hard for her.
But I couldn't do anything.
Fate is in God's hand.

We were getting used to Yuri's absence.
At times, the girls would recall events that happened when Yuri was around.

...

One day, Sooyoung came up to me during recess & again, told me of her worry for Sica.
She was VERY worried. Well, every one of us were. Even the teachers.
I promised her to try coax her although I had little confidence of succeeding.

I confronted her after school.
"Jessie, going to the hospital again?"
"Yeah. I won't stop going until she wakes up." she simply answered.
She was determined with her decision and when she is, nobody & nothing could change her mind.

"You look worn out. Don't you think you should rest?" It was the truth. Her eyebags were down to her cheeks, her dark circles were really dark. And she looked lifeless.
"I don't. I'm fine." But of course, she didn't want to listen to me.

I had no more choice but use a harsh method.
When she was about to walk away, I grabbed her shoulder and swung her around so that she faced me.

"Jung Sooyeon. Do you want to fall sick? You think that Yuri wants you to be sick? You think she would like it if she sees you all messed up? Stop thinking about yourself, Jessica. You're making everybody else around you worried. Your results are dropping. How do you think she would feel if you don't achieve your dreams just because of her? She's not going to die even if you don't visit her for one day. And visiting her everyday won't surely wake her up. Can't you think?"

While I said all that, she just kept her head down in silence.
I was panting for air after that.

Then, she threw her arms around me.
"I miss her. You have no idea how much I do. I've been crying every night hoping that she will wake up soon. I miss her so much, Tiffany. I'm scared that I would lose her entirely. I can't live a day properly without her." she cried into my shirt.
"I know, Jess. And you won't lose her. She's gonna come back for you. She promised to, remember?" I lifted up her face and wiped the tears dry.

"Now, go home and rest. I'm sure she doesn't want to see you like this when she wakes up later on." she nodded weakly as I pushed her to the toilet to wash her face. 
I accompanied her home to make sure she reach home and not go anywhere else.

"Thanks, Tiff."
"Hey, I'm your best friend, right? Call me anytime you need me. Rest well, okay? I want to see a fresh face tomorrow or else I'll not talk to you anymore." I threatened her so that she wouldn't dare go out.

After waving her goodbye, I went home to change and met Taeyeon at the ice-cream shop.

...

"I succeeded!" I pumped my fists in the air as I neared her.
"What? You're not on time, you know." she gave me a confused look, pointing at her watch.
"No silly. I managed to make Sica stay home today." I sat on the empty chair infront of her.
"Oh, that's great. You should have done that a long time ago."

Pushing to me the bowl of ice-cream which she have bought before I arrived, she passed me the spoon.
"Aren't you going to feed me?" I hung my mouth open.
"Aish. So pampered." But she still fed me. And I returned her with my eye smile that she loves a lot.
She smiled back at me and looked around.

"Don't do that when there's other people around. They will fall for you."
True enough, there were some guys gawking at me.
"You're jealous." I , as I continued eating the ice-cream myself.
"I don't like them staring at you like that. I might just spoon out their eyeballs." she grimaced, tightening her grip around her spoon.
"Chill, Tae. I will only do it when we're alone next time. Okay?" I purposely smiled at her again and she bawled out her eyes at me angrily.
"Sorry, I can't control my smile."

We finished the ice -cream and left the place.

 

Jessica's POV

When are you going to wake up, Yuri?
How long are you going to stay sleeping?
Have you any idea how much I terribly need you?
I miss your touch. Your hugs. Your kisses. Your everything.
I miss you.
How long are you going to keep my waiting?
But you know what? It doesn't matter how long I have to wait.
I'm willing to wait forever for you.
Because, only you have the place in my heart.

 

 

TBC

 

YEAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
SNSD BEST FEMALE GROUP & ARTIST OF THE YEAR!! :D
& wasn't their performance awesome??!
the BEST! :P

okay, i will not be able to update so often cos tmr i start working. 12hrs a day and.......
I'll try update at least twice a week? can't promise.. :(

SNSD JJANG! ^^